main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions about the subtler EU used

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by b-wingmasterburnz, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    Well, my first question is about the planets Cato Neimoidia, Saleucami, and Boz Pity. These were all mentioned in EpIII, and 2 were seen in the Order 66 montage. All these planets were dealt with in the Clone Wars comics and novels in the 6 months or so leading into ROTS. So, were these planets' names given to the EU authors by Lucas, or did he borrow the names from them?

My other question kind of stretches it, but try and see what I mean. Is San Hill's species EU? The official SW databank says he is a Muun from the planet Muunilinst. Now, I know Muunilinst was EU before TPM came out. The earliest I remember seeing it was in Specter of the Past. Now, I know it's extrememly unlikely that Lucas saw this planet name, and decided to make it the home planet of a guy who has one line. But couldn't some fans read the databank info and say "hm, so that's what the natives of that one planet I read about back then look like!". Or is this no more EU than Mace Windu's entry saying he is from Haruun Kal?
    Also, would that carry over for that Wroonian and Lorrdian in ROTS? Thoughts?

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
  3. b-wingmasterburnz

b-wingmasterburnz Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2004
    rrrgh I mentioned San Hill, as in his appearances in AOTC. I figured this wasn't just about ROTS.

4. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Doesn't GL have a sit down with each author before the novel is written to give him thoughts and direction as to where he was headed with each film.

I think a lot of the authors own planets and characters are brought into them as well. Like Doolb Snoil from Cestus Deception, which is Lion's Blood backwards, one of Steven Barnes's other books.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.