main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions about the vong...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Grand_Admiral_Lawn, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand_Admiral_Lawn

Grand_Admiral_Lawn Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    Firstly, I haven't read many njo books (mainly coz the ones I read were bad and otherwise I'm a bit cheap), I get most of what I know from the books I've read (only up to the Rebel Dream Duology)

So here goes,

1. Who replaced Tsavong Lah as Warmaster.

2. Why on earth did they use the Lusankya as a missile, wouldn't it'ive been better to use 3-4 SDs than one SSD!!!!

3. Do the Vong have hyperspace, and if not what do they use?

4. Who did people think Nom Annor was that they lett him just go about his spying bussiness?

5. How dose the war with the vong go after the Reble Dream Duology?

6. Are there still people left alive on coruscant? (i only read first book in duology, so I don't know what Luke and the NR intelegence team find there)

Thanks for responding!!!

G.A.Lawn

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I can answer one question for you, they used the Lcuy because it was more cost effective to have muliple small ships you can afford to repair and even lose then one huge target taking up a lot of resources that you can't afford to lose.

3. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    yes there are still groups/ communities of surviours. Some of them occasionally attack Vong patrols and some have even turned into cannibals.

4. Lord_of_the_Siths

Lord_of_the_Siths Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    3. Yes
    6. In Traitor, it says there's still billions of people living in the underworld.

5. Grand_Admiral_Lawn

Jul 6, 2002
    Ewwww...Canibalisim!

Strangely it is the seccond mention of that in EU books!

Canabalisim was first discussed in one of those 'Galaxy of Fear' kids books!

How do we find out about the survivors/cannibals? Do the try to eat luke and mara? :p

6. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    They try to eat Viqi Shesh, but um well you'll have to read the book now won't you.

7. stung4ever

stung4ever Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    "Ewwww...Canibalisim!

Strangely it is the seccond mention of that in EU books!

Canabalisim was first discussed in one of those 'Galaxy of Fear' kids books! "

Actually, it was also discussed in The Paradise Snare and in JAT.

8. Grand_Admiral_Lawn

Jul 6, 2002
    Really do tell.

9. Alderaanian_Jedi

Alderaanian_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2002

I`ve vowed not to get spoiled for the last 5 books, so I can`t answer that one.

2. Why on earth did they use the Lusankya as a missile, wouldn't it'ive been better to use 3-4 SDs than one SSD!!!!

Because 3-4 SD`s are easier to take out than one SSD? I dunno..

I can`t remember what book it was, but I recall them using the term "darkspace" instead.

4. Who did people think Nom Annor was that they lett him just go about his spying bussiness?

No-one let Nom Anor go about with his spying bussniess. He used many false ID`s and ooglith masquers and stuff.

5. How dose the war with the vong go after the Reble Dream Duology?

I would advise you against getting spoiled. I know that Dark Journey and Enemy Lines was boring, but it gets better. But if you really wanna know.

Traitor and Destiny`s Way spoilers!

Jacen returns to the New Republic. The New Republic sets up on Mon Calamari, and the Jedi-friendly Cal Omas is elected Chief Of State. Ackbar devises a plan to crush the Vong in DW. The Vong are dealt with a severe blow at the Battle Of Ebaq.

Spoilers end.

6. Are there still people left alive on coruscant? (i only read first book in duology, so I don't know what Luke and the NR intelegence team find there)

Yes there are a lot of survivors on Yuuzhan`tar still.

10. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001

As yet unknown! I don't know if Shimrra's bothered to appoint anyone actually!

Agreed.

Yes, but they call it 'Darkspace'.

Um, he kind of kept putting on ooglith masquers and changing identities and stuff - and before the invasion, he didn't really *need* to be bothered about them connecting his name with the Vong, nobody knew the Vong existed!

Yes, as is made clear in Traitor.

11. Tjoboa

Tjoboa Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2002
    there are many many survivors.
    In Traitor they say about 100 billions is dead or enslaved etc.
    If you subtract these casualties from preconquest population of Coruscant you have ninehundred billions people left over! That's a lot of people.

12. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    Those Cthons from Shadow Hunter were also cannibals, if I remember correctly. I wonder if there are any of those things left during the invasion.

13. Grand_Admiral_Lawn

Jul 6, 2002
    Thanks for the input all!!!

I don't mind being spoiled as I said i'm cheap!!!!

;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.