main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Questions about Vader: End of Games

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tanjint, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Tanjint

Tanjint Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 21, 2015
    Looked around for a thread about the Gillen Darth Vader series, only saw threads about individual issues?

Would be happy to have this merged into the appropriate thread.

*SPOILERS*

--------------------

Okay....

I read the sequence 10 times over but I still don't grasp the physical mechanics of Vader's vanquishing of Morit Astarte- can someone please explain?

Secondly, at the end of the Coda do you guys think the Tuskens were worshipping Vader or burning an effigy?

Thanks!

T

2. Ewan Tibbetts

Ewan Tibbetts Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 13, 2016
    Vader destroyed one of Morit's rocket boots then force pushed him into the atmosphere of a planet were he burns up.

Tanjint likes this.
  3. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Okay I'm starting to get it more. How did he destroy the boot? I don't get why they play coy when depicting these crucial scenes in a comic. In a movie I understand restraint but when it's a medium like this I wish they'd strive harder for making wordless action scenes more understandable...

Thank you!

T

4. Ewan Tibbetts

Nov 13, 2016
  5. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    Hm, I totally agree with your interpretation and appreciate your help but I also think I have a point that "piece of shrapnel by foot" wasn't the easiest thing to translate into "Vader telekinetically combusted dude's bootjet"

As far as the strip of star destroyer dude is on, Vader dismantles it tile by tile with the Force, then pushes Morit with the Force towards that planet's atmosphere? I didn't realize the Executor was mere feet away from the planet's atmosphere layers like that but really want to grasp this so my enjoyment is enhanced on my next re-read.

-T

6. Ewan Tibbetts

Nov 13, 2016
    Should have gone to Specsavers.

[​IMG]

7. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Wow you made this for me or this existed?

That bit about the force push in space helps too. Hell I didn't even grasp that that was Vader's blade having just hit the boot in what you've labelled panel 3.

Thanks again!

-T

Vialco likes this.
  8. Ewan Tibbetts

Nov 13, 2016
    Tanjint Yes I did make it. You are welcome. :)

Tanjint, JediFett10 and Jedi Princess like this.
  9. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    If you find it difficult to read comics sometimes (and I say this with no judgement; I've been reading comics my whole life and still sometimes have the same issue) I have found that reading them digitally helps immensely. I use comiXology's "guided view" which is designed to take you through panel by panel. Being forced to focus on one image at a time brings out these details, and you can always switch to page view if seeing all the images at once is important, like in the elaborate layouts of artists like J.H Williams III.

Tanjint and Vialco like this.
  10. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    I understand where you're coming from mate.

I've actually found the majority of darth vader's (the comic book) action scenes kinda hard to follow. I always get the feeling that there's a panel or two missing for me to get the full picture.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tanjint and Vialco like this.
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I really think one part of that comic was a missed opportunity.

When Cylo sends his troops to the Emperor's quarters and says "Bring the dog's Master to me."

If Aphra hadn't intervened, those guards would have made it to the throne room....and then what? Clearly Cylo knew nothing of the Emperor's true power. I really wish we could have seen Sidious in action at least one time.

Tanjint likes this.
  12. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Yeah, that's a good idea. Been reading comics all my life (J.H. Williams included!) and this isn't usually a problem but I think Vader is a particularly "silent" series. Like, I grew up on Spidey, in which Peter is constantly narrating his actions or Batman books where the writers delight in breaking down the James Bond procedural aspects.... Vader stories are written with ominous silence which usually serves the story but sometimes is a little confusing. Psychologically sometimes it's like i'm expecting Vader to do the most subtle stuff so I'm not even primed for it when he does something direct like hit the boot with his saber etc.

-T

13. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015
    Right!!?

I wonder if the story group felt like that coupled with the Star Wars annual would have been too much Sidious action.

-T

Vialco likes this.
  14. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

You can never have enough Sidious action!

Tanjint likes this.
  15. Tanjint

Dec 21, 2015

Agreed!

-T