main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions and theories about Episode 3 **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Ryno, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I thought I would start a thread where we could discuss questions that remain unanswered after Episode 2 and the possible answers. I'll start out with this question.
    How many Jedi are left at the start of Episode 3? I think that the Clone War will have already wiped out a large number of Jedi leaving just a few for Vader to hunt down.

2. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    This should be in the Ep3 Spoilers forum.

But as long as it's here...

I vouche for Boba killing Windu. I Know all of you think this to be insane, but I have developed a theory inspired from others. Here's how it plays out:

Anakin is fighting Windu on Coruscant in the lower city that we see in AotC. It's a long fight and both Jedi become tired. Boba is there trying to make a living for himself as an apprentice to another bounty hunter or hired by Anakin to help purge the Jedi. As Anakin is about to deliver a final blow, Windu disintegrates and we see Boba, standing there, decked out with his smaller set of armor on holding a pistol (or some other gun of which disintegration is possible). This would tie in the "No Disintegrations" seen in ESB.

Yes, the Fett-Addict has spoken. This must occur. It is the only correct way for GL to present the foreshadowing when Boba picks up the helmet of his decapitated father.

3. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I set this up for the Boston chapter, I did not see a Episode 3 Spoilers thread in our group.Is there one?

Interesting theory on Boba Fett. Has there been any confirmation that Boba will be in Episode 3?

4. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Yes, there has, Rick McCullen said awhile ago Boba Fett will definitely be in E3. Let me find the url.

I believe this will tie it up =]

Also, I didn't mean about this thread for this topic I simply meant for the whole e3 spoilers forum.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Thanks for the link.

6. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    This thread is fine in here, Ed. This is where us Rebels can talk about Ep.3

I like your idea for Windu's death. That would be wicked funny and would fit in very nicely.
    I don't think Boba needs to be an apprentice to another Bounty Hunter, though. In the book they show how he can even fly Slave 1 and how he will pass his father in skill by the time he comes of age.
    I think he would have a personal grudge with Mace for killing his Father and against all Jedi, thats why he teams up with Anakin/Darth.

What I want to know is how Padme dies. How will they set that up? Her dying must be the thing that throws Anakin completly over to the Dark Side...so how will it happen?

7. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    About the remaining Jedi...

Windu said there were only 200 or so available to go to Geonosis. I'm assuming he meant on Coruscant at that time, the other 9800 were out in the galaxy somewhere.
    Obviously clones/droids will have to be used to kill them all...thassa lotta Jedi

8. Crix-Madine

Crix-Madine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2000
    First of all I think Boba will def kill Windu, I don't see Anakin doing cause it just doesn't seem right.

*I imagine Windu on top of a buliding or in some high place. Then him feeling danger through the force, and as he turns around Slave I comes screaming out of the dark sky. Windu then relaxes and prepares to become one with the force (ala Obi Wan ANH). The shot ends with Slave I coming at the screen with its blasters blazing, leaving a dark feeling in the movie*

*Word on the street is that Ewan and Haydens duel is going to be the best one out of all the movies. They're already getting ready for it and have started training in Australia. My guess is that Palpatine will somehow trick Anakin into thinking that Obi Wan caused the death of Padme and he finally snaps, and the duel ensues. I think the best place for the duel to end would be right where the duel ended in Episode I, only with Anakin falling down the reactor. We all know what happens after that*

Just a couple ideas I had floating around...

9. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I can see that.

They keep 200 Jedi at the Academy for special purpouses. In the visual dictonary it says that there are about 9000 spread out around the galaxy.

10. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    This movie plans to be the best prequel. However, I'm pretty sure there is like no plot information out there.

I'd like to see individual Jedi fighting for their lives. I pictured about 10 Jedi escaping from a covert ops mission, and being overrun by clones. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace...etc...

As the clonetroopers or whatnot over take them, Plo Koon (I want to see him in a good fight!) and Ki-Adi-Munda tell the others to make for space. They are fighting off trooper after trooper, and the last shot pans out as hundreds more troops pour in.

11. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Here's what I know about Ep3 from reading/seeing interviews:

Droids will get a memory wipe (lucas said this himself)

Padme will be pregnant (portman said in an interview)

The duel tween Anakin and Obi is going to ROCK (hayden said he and ewan wanted to go to Australia a *month* before shooting to work on their sabering skillz)

Mace will likely go out in a blaze of glory (he's said in numerous interviews he knows he has to die and he wants to go out fighting. Obviously, George listens to him. A:he's in the movies and B:eek:nly purple saber)

And I'm trying to stay spoiler free, but this isn't big news

12. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I plan to see spoilers. Maybe not all of them, but a nice amount.

13. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I want to know how the Emperor turns his army against the Jedi. Perhaps its similar to the NJO. Wasn't the clone army supposed to be led by Jedi in the first place?

14. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    This from Ed(who is still banned):

"in all the boards that people have been saying about ep3 spoilers, they're all saying padme dies, padme dies in ep3 because this turns anakin to the dark side, blah blah... how can she die if in ep6 leia says she has visions of her mother being sad when to be able to remember s#^t one must be 2-3 years old... and portman is supposed to be pregnant so if she has the kid during the movie, the kids can't be old enough to remember anything"

So I said:
    My only answer could be that Luke and Leia already exist in the beginning of Ep.3 but that can't be because they were seperated at birth and Anakin didn't even know he had a daughter till he ripped it out of Luke's mind at the end of ROTJ

and this also from the still banned Ed:
    "ALSO, i don't understand how the rumor about padme being shot in scenes from rotj can be true because if this were true, wouldn't leia know more about her mother than just 'images' ?"

15. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    it was confirmed that Natalie Portman Did Not sign on to do any extra footage for RotJ.

As for her dying! I dont think we will see her die,but maybe see her bringing Leia to Bail Organa.I think that someone(maybe Palpy,maybe Obi-Wan)telling Anakin that she's dead and him snapping.

Who would of thought Darth Vader did it all for the nookie!!

16. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    What!?

The NOOKIE!

My guess is we won't see Padme die, at least not in the way people are thinking. Perhaps she'll recieve a *life threatening* wound and she later passes away on Alderaan because of it or some such thing while Leia is "very young".

I cannot WAIT to see Ewan whoop Hayden!!! :D

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    If I remember correctly Leia remembers mostly just images. It could be that she is referring to Holograms of Padme. If that is the case then we may see Padme die in Episode 3 but I doubt it.

18. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Man, I'm already hungry for new plot info.

19. Royal_Handmaiden

Royal_Handmaiden Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2002
    well just to throw in my 2 cents about the whole supposed Padme role in ROTJ...I don't think that she would actually be alive, I kind of see it as when Vader dies and goes back to being Anakin before he dies maybe his last vision is of Padme or something like that. Maybe a flashback type of thing. Once he redeemed himself, his love was awaiting his arrival on the side. That could be a bit too romantic for Lucas but it was just a thought.

20. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    I don't think it is too romantic for Lucas, I mean look at Ep.2.

21. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    If you think about it, she almost has to die in Ep3, or at the very least she has to go into hiding.
    There has to be some kind of explanation as to what happens to her in the 20 years between PT + OT.

22. SkiJedi

SkiJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 1999
    Hey Boston...this is my first post over in this area, I am a native of the Boston area...but anyhoot, I just wanted to throw in my $.02...

I think that a Boba Fett/Mace scenario is very likely. Mace killed Jango...Boba will of course want revenge...good story line. By ESB Boba has gained quite a reputation for himself. Good way for him to make such a name and reputation for himself by killing Jedi. He'll probably will help out in the Jedi purge, but by killing Mace...his stock will go way up as a bounty hunter.

As far as Padme, I am not really sure how GL will go with this one. For Leia to remember her at all she must survive for some time. I think that her remembering images via holograms is too easy of a way out of it for Lucas, so I think that Padme will survive for some time with Leia.

I am sure that Palpatine will have something to do with convincing Anakin that Padme is dead or perhaps he'd convince him that Padme is going against him or something. Anakin would not know that she is carrying the twins. In ROTJ Obi tells Luke something like 'the emperor knew as well as i did that if Anakin had any offspring it would be dangerous..." (I forget the exact line, it has been a few months since I have watched it...I'll have to look this weekend...) Based on this it would seem logical that Palpatine may plot to have the now pregnant Padme killed. Maybe Obi-wan will be the one that saves her?

How and why the children would be separated as a result of this...to use a Yoda line...."Meditate on this I will..."

23. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    I think that neither Anakin nor Palpy will know that Padme's preggers. If they did, neither of the twins would be able to be hidden, as she would be kept sequestered until they were born, to be trained by Vader and Palpatine.

24. Crix-Madine

Aug 7, 2000
    'the emperor knew as well as i did that if Anakin had any offspring, they would be a threat to him'

Interesting thought I just had. Well, you know how EU history is told about Boba Fetts armor. That the Mandalorians helped fight against the Jedi during the Clone wars and so forth. Maybe we will see MORE Mandalorians that will help hunt down and destory the Jedi Knights, other then Boba? And perhaps he is the only one left when it was all over?

25. Pellaeon69187

Dec 28, 2000
    That would be wicked cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.