main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else Ep. VII Return of More Complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I really hate this new Verison commercial they are playing the one with "Happy Cat"?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    By the way, sorry you guys aren't feeling well. A couple of my co-workers are also suffering from allergies right now.

I feel bad. Our office is offering the opportunity to volunteer with the Red Cross to help the flood victims. The City is paying our salaries and I think someone else is paying the travel, lodging, and food expenses. The minimum stint is 9 days. I feel like I want to do it but it would be a major hardship on the family if only one of us is here to do padawan duties. Plus, it's pretty rough out there. Am I a bad person for not helping in this way? Many others are volunteering but I understand that most are single men who would be able to do a lot of heavy lifting and moving.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    There are other ways to help so don't be too hard on yourself, DH. I wish I could go myself but it isn't possible with school and all that. Instead, I have donated some money, and I'm helping to answer questions and host students from Gulf Coast universities like Tulane who have temporarily transferred to 'SC. Maybe you could volunteer here in California if you want to help out? I am sure at least some hurricane victims will end up here.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks NP. I plan to donate to the Red Cross over here.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't think you should feel bad DH.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Almost 30 employees from my bureau are going to help the relief efforts. Some of them I can't imagine helping in any real way because, well, they just aren't built for lugging things or people around. They barely do anything here. Hmm, oh well. It's still great that they are helping.

7. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm complaining that it's late and I'm not in bed yet. I'm at a sleepover and we have yet to toilet paper anyone's house. Upside: we're watching Raiders of the Lost Arc.
    Downside: work at 10 tomorrow which means i should go nite-nite now.
    Also I'm still sad from not hanging out with my friend in the Dland today...sad and angry. I hate fighting.

"War...huh, what is it good for?"

8. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You like him, huh?
    :/ :)

9. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Sara,
    you should be asleep at 2:30 AM. Or else, you did not drink enough last night at Howl.

10. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I was waiting for The OC season premier to download. It didn't finish 'till 4:30. I wanted to go to bed earlier. I definitely didn't drink enough...I had the equivalent of half a drink.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Poor APL. MC is cool but I'm mad that he made you so sad. I may have to go to pound him now.

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Wait, did I miss a post or something. What's going on between APL and MC?

Here is my complaint. I had a date planned for this afternoon, but he just cancelled on me. :_| He was called into work (hotel business). Now I have nothing to do. I think I may go and sign up me and my husband (DB) not my girlfriend (ES) or my e-wife (JB) for bowling.

He said that we can reschedule for tomorrow, so ES, our tomorrow plans may be put on hold. I think I have too many relationships going on right now. Am I a gigolo?

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Scary People
    Ok, while looking for Bahama Lanes, this guy in a grey truck starts honking his horn at me. I thought he was offended by my driving, but I couldn't see what I had done wrong. He then started to follow me. I got really scared. All I could think about was crazy road rage and him trying to beat the crap out of me. I drove around the parking lot but finally just stopped at Bahama. I got out of my car expecting to get yelled at, but then the guy said. Hey I noticed you had some dents in your car, I can get them out for you right here and now. I was like "darn it". Scare me for nothing. He wanted to charge me $250 to remove the dents right there in the parking lot. I told him sorry didn't have that kind of money on me so he gave me his card and asked that I call.

Is that crazy or what? I thought Skyryder was toast.

14. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    WoW i have dealt with some vehicular drama, but that's crazy!

I need to get my dents taken care of, Tijuana here i come! When i have money of course

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That is scary, SR but then again, you know there are a lot of scary people by the bowling alley.

I need to buy some hanging book shelves. Anyone know of any good ones out there?

16. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey I kinda liked MC. I don't wanna get into it too much coz it's like over now. But he doesn't post here so why not. Apparently some guys like to flirt with girls even though they already have girlfriends...mind you I didn't want to date him, but he deliberately didn't tell me about her. He was forced to when I called him a not so nice name and he heard it by accident over the phone when he decided not to go to DLand with me. But I'm not angry at him anymore. i'm sad I got so mad at him and calledhim a bad name and trusted him.

that's all.

And poor HLR was stuck in the middle coz he came with me to Dland.

17. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Ok this is a TAD loooooooong but reallt worth the read!!! it sorta has to do with Star Wars...found it from some guy who is in the 501st. THINK Sandtrooper when he tells this. (sorry i couldn't attatch picture)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING! I cannot be held responsible for any physical, emotional or mental injury incurred while participating in this activity. Do so at your own risk.

Some of you may have seen I recently landed a great job at a video game company. On the surface, putting on a helmet and storming into a 6-floor office building carrying a very large, weapon wouldn't seem like the most appropriate way to be considered for a job. Putting that aside, here's what I did...

When I submitted my portfolio and phoned the company, the receptionist said,

"I'm sorry, we have over 200 resumes of artists we're going through. We'll call you when we get to yours."

200? How the heck can I make a dent in that? I could go in and as my mild-mannered self, smile and say, "Hi, I'm Chris. Won't you consider me for this position?" Now where would that get me? How much of an impression would that really make? I'd just look like every other 30-something teenager who's dying to work at a video game company.

So, I thought... this sounds like a job for TK409.

I asked my wife about it and she was very uneasy about the idea, for exactly the reason I mentioned in the first paragraph. I decided I would, but first, I needed something for the receptionist to remember me by - something to pass along. So, I took one of my Sandtrooper figures, glued him to a plastic base (like a trophy) and wrote in silver pen on the base, my name and the url to my portfolio website. This would be my "leave-behind."

When I got to the location that Friday afternoon, I found a remote section of the parking lot and hid behind my car to suit up. I had a sore throat, so my voice was unearthly low and raspy - very Fett-like. I was very nervous. Would security guards throw me out of the building? Would the game company think I was psychotic? Probably, but I had to try.

I got done and marched across the parking lot to the structure. Half-way there I realized I'd left my neckseal in the car - IDIOT! Well, I had to be accurate, so I went back for it. Again marching across the parking lot, in full weathered Sandtrooper gear, backpack and Lewis Gun, I was really sweating this idea: I needed to just get in, stay in-character, make a small impression with the probably-unappreciative-receptionist and leave my mini-me with her to give to someone important - all before someone had me thrown out. This would be like a game in itself.

I entered the first floor lobby and headed straight for the elevators. Then there was the wait for the doors... "open, open, open" I pleaded under my breath. Finally I entered the empty car unnoticed, because the large, glass, sculptured lobby was empty. I later learned that the Federal Bureau of Investigation (yes, that FBI) has an office... on the first floor and I had marched right past their windows... twice! So much for homeland security.

I rode to the 6th floor and the doors opened. An Epic Games employee stood there, mouth agape. My trooper voice said, "'Scuse me sir, click-shht," and I headed down the nearest hall, looking for any open door. Another employee appeared and the trooper asked, "Which way to Epic Games." It wasn't a question. I was telling him to direct me. Because by now the sweat from my forehead brought on by the humid 95 degree weather was stinging my eyes and I needed to get this done. With a big smile he asks, "Oh cool! Are you here for the meeting???"

OK, right now a couple thoughts go through my head: Either I say, "Yes sir" and march myself to the head of a conference room in front of an entire company and play like I have a presentation until I reveal I'm just there to give them my portfolio... and they have me thrown out. Which would be painful on several levels. OR, I be honest and see where that gets me.

I was hones

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] That's an awesome story! Major props to that guy.

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Many things:
    APL, I know what you mean....we should talk sometime. :p

SR, what do you mean? Are you going to stand me up? Dammit. Guess I'll call you tomorrow still to get the 411. The guy who accosted you in the parking lot is crazy. Stay away from people like that. :/

SJ, that's pretty funny! Good for that guy, that was risky and paid off.

DH, I've never heard of hanging bookshelves before! I've seen those hanging things with "shelves" (more like deep cloth ladder rungs), is that what you mean? You wouldn't be able to put books in 'em though, I think they're meant for things like stuffed animals or sweaters or something.

My own complaints! Something bit my ear last night, a little above where it's pierced. It itches/burns a little bit and is getting annoying. :( I wouldn't be so bothered, I think, if I weren't conditioned from three years here with maybe one bug bite the whole time. Gah, I need to cheer up. I think I'll go spend some time over in my namesake thread.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Arrrrrggggg!!!! New complaint. I've been stood up twice in a 24 hour period! How is this possible? :mad: [face_frustrated]

Late lunch yesterday at 3pm. Cancelled due to "work".
    Lunch today 12noon. Cancelled due to "I'm a dumba**, who can't commit"

At least I got the EMAIL early so I didn't just sit around waiting all day.

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR -- That sucks! Some people don't know what they're missing, is all I say!

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Has the Clone Wars Vol II DVD come out yet?

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I believe it comes out Dec. 6.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    MAN! Okay, I guess we wait until then.

Does Lost come out tomorrow or is it already out?

25. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey SR! I know all about being stood up!I think it's a guy thing (were they both guys?) and yes I am being sexist here. But then again I can be chauvanistic too.

All girls should only go to school to learn how to read so they can read recipes and cook and clean. Why am I even in school? I'm taking away the place of a mans!

Thus ends my chauvanistic rant for today. Tune in next week for: barefoot in the kitchen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.