main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else Ep. VII Return of More Complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Skyryder, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! APL, you sound just a little bitter. Yes, men are no good (except Colin of course o_O )

A co-worker of mine who was in a couple of classes with me in college asked me if I was going for my MRS. I had never heard that before but I guess that's what some people do but seriously, does one go for their MRS by taking engineering classes with a bunch of nerdy guys?

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    APL it was the same guy both times. I haven't heard from him anymore. I think I'm through.

DH, Lost was out on DVD last week. There was a big discount at BestBuy I know. I almost got it but felt I really wouldn't ever watch it more than once.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SR, we can put together an old fashion posse and have a neck tie party. Thanks. I'm considering buying it but you are right, it's not likely that I will watch it a million times. I don't know though. Hmmm...

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
  5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Power was out, but now we're back on. Whew.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Poor ES. Sorry to hear that.

Yes, power is back but it's still fairly warm up here.

7. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Ours was out for 2 1/2 hours. Went out and saw how widespread it was. Glad it's back on, as I have an electric stove!

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We were only without power for about 20-30 minutes but the windows don't open so it gets warm quickly.

Because we took our padawan to school for a weeklong trip, we got into work late so now I have to stay late. Man! I hate that.

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Was the power out in the whole city? Our entire campus shut down for about 45 minutes. I got out of class early! :p

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It was supposed to have started somewhere around North Hollywood. DWP said someone inadvertently cut a wire that wiped out everyone downstream from that spot. That happened around 10:30 am.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    The power at Culver City went off for about 2 minutes. I really didn't know anything had happened major until I got back to my desk. I was hoping that it would have stayed out longer as I was in a boring training class. I have to go back tomorrow too.

My only complaint though was not being at my desk to chat with my gang.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I heard Glendale and Burbank were affected also. I don't think Pasadena was because all of our clocks seem to be okay.

Gas ranges are the best, aren't they JB? I remember once when I was a kid I was able to go home and have a nice warm lunch that my grandmother made for me because we had a gas range that worked despite a blackout. My friend who also went home for lunch had to have some cold cuts or something not as good because his family had an electric range.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I wish I had gas! Wait, that came out wrong....

14. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Ok this blackout scared me a little today. I got home and started watching the news. Tried contacting my mom in Downtown, no answer. And her phone was knocked out reason was, she called me once but didnt leave a message. Good thing she got home early with my uncle and hope everyone has power tonight again.

15. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I must admit I was a bit scared after a little while, after I realized the blackout affected more than just my building. I just heard a report that LA is a target for those $&%^#&% terrorists. So the media instilled fear in me. I never felt that way after any earthquake or any other blackout. It was weird. What was lucky was that I was in an elevator not more than 5 minutes before the blackout started. I probably would've panicked after 5 minutes stuck in the elevator.

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I hear ya, AS, especially with that vague "tomorrow Los Angeles and Melbourne" terrorist video from yesterday. Aren't extremists fun? :/

17. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    GRRR, more Cingular problems. I can't stand this. What carriers do you guys have and how many problems (and how severe, and how did they treat you when you tried to fix 'em) have you had? I'm really thinking of switching.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I had Cingular many years ago and dropped it because I had problems with reception. Then I had AT&T which became part of Cingular and dumped it. I now have Verizon and I like it. I have pretty good reception.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I have Nextel (because of work) and it's pretty good. You can even do that two way radio thing from here to Texas.

Ok, I wanted to ask again to see if there was any interest before starting a new thread. Would anyone care to watch some if not all the episodes of Firefly before the movie comes out at the end of the month? I'm pretty free this weekend or the next I guess. I'll probably watch them anyway but I was just checking to see if anyone else would be interested.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'd love to. Do it next weekend, that works better for me. Please! [face_praying]

21. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    1. Cingular is wonderful, great. I love them.
    2. I had no power yesterday for 3-4 hours, had to walk down 21 flights of stairs. Not happy.
    3. I thought about my friends Matt and D-H. Was worried about you guys. I even cranked called Matt top check in.

Glad everyone is safe and OK.

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I blame the city and city employees for yesterday's power outage. If I knew any city employees I would kick them in their shins. Oh wait I do know some. Nevermind.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    DWP employees make a ton more than we do. :(

24. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Haw, Haw, mine didn't go out. But I got to watch the mayhem on the news at school in the cafeteria. I didn't understand what was going on coz the mute was on...but then I realized once closed captioning kicked in. Poor innerLA. I was in LB at the time.

25. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    someone's ass got fired, you can bet that.

EDIT: My damn thighs and calfs are so **** sore and painful from the 21 flights. Damn those DWP people, DAMN THEIR EYES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.