Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else Ep. VII Return of More Complaints!

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by Skyryder, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It takes an awful lot to get fired at the City so I'm not sure if anyone (besides the director) will.
  2. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Complaint: it's a beautiful day, but I've had a headache since lunch. I wanted to go ride my bike![face_frustrated]
  3. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Posting to bump this back onto the front page...
  4. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I had a slice of Strawberry pie for breakfast. I feel like I should feel guilty for eating it but it was tasty.
  5. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, DH, if you wanted to be Queen, I suggest you do it when a million of us aren't on. (If there were a million of us too.)
    Plus you've had your time in the sun.
  6. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not trying to be Queen again (once is enough -- those of us who've succeeded can attest to that!) but I didn't want this thread stuck on page two. Hence the bump!
  7. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks JB.

My bird story is as follows. When I was a kid, we found a bird that had fallen out of its nest. It was just a little hatchling. We tried to feed it by finding worms but they would just crawl back out. We did not know that the mother "digested" the worms first. Poor little birdy died. It was very sad.
  8. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    JB, just adjust the number of threads you see at a time. I think I set mine (forever ago...) to 30 per page. Or something. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that it was never on the second page for some people...
  9. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Ooops. Duh! I never thought of that...some web-jedi, eh?
  10. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, so tonight ES mentioned seeing TCB. JR said he was free. ES however has already seen the movie with JD last night. I have my carpool so I would first have to drive from Culver City to Sherman Oaks and then back again. I really should stay out too late because tomorrow morning I have to get up super early for a Saturday for Meals on Wheels.

Suggestions? Concerns? Also, next week it opens wide and will be showing at the Chinese. I would rather see it there anyway. I believe LUn is doing a midnight screening.
  11. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Trust your feelings.

:) I'd try to make you come, but it's not like I'm not going to see you in a few days. If JR's still game, you should come too and we can make a party of it.
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Is it in limited release then? I thought it was showing all over. Hmmm, I may have to wait then. It's hard to get Mr. DH to agree to leave the city to see a movie.
  13. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, it's only showing at two theaters in the LA area. Next Friday is the main opening.
  14. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So we're not going tonight to see the Corpse Bride? Why is this topic in two threads.
    Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing it in the Chinese Theatre if it's playing there. That's my favorite theater, plus I like to check out all the hot chicks going to the clubs at Hollywood and Highland.. shhhh.. don't tell my wife.
  15. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    A complaint: I'm retarded. I was thinking, last evening/night, that it was Friday, and, la-la-la, went to the movie, and MISSED THE DAILY SHOW. And, since I still hadn't realized it was Thursday, didn't get up at 10 this morning to see the one-and-only airing today. So now I'm downloading it and will have to be content seeing it on my computer instead of on tv. It's just outrageous that I'd forget in the first place--this whole week they've been discussing "Evolution, Schmevolution" and it's been great.

EDIT--OK, as of 12:52 or so, I'm outta commision for 22.5 minutes. Call if you need me.............
  16. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Um, I still want to go, but if you don't, it's OK.
  17. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I'll go if Scott goes.

EDIT - Situation solved. We're not going tonight. We'll go some other time. Sorry ES!! I feel like I just turned you down. :(

Next topic.
  18. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So I went out to the field this afternoon and I feel so tired. I drove the wrong way to get to a service yard after my business was concluded (I wanted to fill the tank) and found out that I needed a special card at this yard. I'm avoiding City Hall which is where I usually fill the company cars because the streets are closed to celebrate Mexican Independence Day. Any way, I end up having to go to another yard and was able to fill the car up. It makes me mad when people use the company cars and don't fill them up because you may be in a hurry and don't have time to fill the tank before taking off. People are so inconsiderate! :mad:
  19. DarthMommy Jedi Master

star 2
    What is up with the so and so rules threads? I'm out of it for a little while and you're all getting delusions of grandeur. I feel like Han coming off carbonite. Sorry, I went to Hawaii for 10 days and just started the school/soccer freakout. I am trying to catch up.

20. Elensara Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa, welcome back, DM! We were afraid you'd left us...
    :)

They're all doing this posting (spamming) thing where they post last in every thread on the front page. It was fun, but if they keep doing it I may have to kick some shins...it shouldn't take 30-45 minutes to catch up on the boards every 12 hours. :)
  21. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay Darth Mommy is back! Don't worry about us, we're just acting crazy as always... I think the _____ rules thing has probably passed and was just our little fad. Can you visit us on bowling nights?
  22. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ooooohh.. Hawaii!! My favorite place to go. Welcome back DM. Hope to see you soon.. yeah, stop by one of the bowling nights.
  23. DarthMommy Jedi Master

star 2
    I was wondering what happened to my 85 degrees and tank tops. Geez, what a change. Anyway, what time is bowling? I have something else going on Wednesdays but maybe I could switch off with bowling sometimes. I feel like I've missed a lot of functions. Sigh. I just saw the little scroll up top and bowling is at 7. I have no bowling talent, however.
  24. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Welcome back, DM! Come to bowling any way. I am the lamest bowler in the world so you can't be any worse than me.
  25. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aloha DM. Now, why didn't you take me with you? And I don't think any of us have real bowling talent. We just want the cool bowling balls.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.