main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Anything Else... Episode IV: A New Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Well, I figured since no one else started it, I'd take dibs this time around.

Complaint of the day: dealing with Maintenance Departments... They have the friggin' part I need (a four foot fluorescent light bulb) and I am going to be the one to install it... all they have to do is give the friggin' bulb to me and it's taken them two weeks and I still don't have one. Of course, now I need two, so who knows how long that's gonna take.

2. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Tikei-fore-tu-wan.....you were our only hope! :D.

My only complaint is that i was not able to post the final post on the epsidoe3 complaint thread!!!!

Someone, who shall remain nameless (SR) doesn't edit his/her posts and posts 2 times back to back in less than 2 mins!!!!

That's ok...no prob..just happy it's friday!

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Anyone else want JR to make it so we can edit our posts without the 90 minute limit?

My twin cousins are having their binay mitzvahs this weekend, and their rabbi called one of them by their older brother's name in the service tonight. Oops!
    My aunt has called my cousin Ben 'Leokin' before--that's one of their two cats.

MN is COLD tonight!!! It's been pretty cool the last few days/nights. It must be 50 degrees tops! Brrr.

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Cool title! I'm glad you guys are carrying this topic on.

Anyway, I can't make it so you can forever edit your posts. I can edit them at will though.

I have no complaints right now.

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I only reposted instead of editing because it was a different thought. Is that bad posting etiquette? Sorry.

I have nothing to complain about. It is Saturday morning and all is right in my world.

6. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    It's Saturay morning.. and I'M AT WORK!!! *@&#@(#&*!^

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    thank you all for your concern on my poundage! It is really not a serious thing, more me being silly. I weigh 183, but would like to travel at 178. That's all, eating out too much.

Kind of funny, I am trying to lose pounds, but on Wednesday, I was trying to find a place to sale me Pounds! How ironic!! AAA wanted $100.00 for 44 pounds. What F*&%king jerks! I told them to eat Bantha poodoo. (and not the good kind either) Especially since the exchange rate is 1.82. (they should have given me 55) (if you are confused, Pounds are the currency they use in Great Britain and..the other pounds, are what sits around my tusch)

8. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    When other people lose pounds, I seem to find them (and not the good kind either). Try the currency exchanges in BH for good rates. They usually take only about 1 or 2 percent, so, you could possibly find an exchange rate as good as 1.7 : 1 if you look long enough. Citibank also usually has decent exchange rates.

I am also at work today, (at lunch at the moment) but it's always slow on the weekends. The only thing I've got on the schedule all weekend is a showing of a vacant apartment this afternoon.

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I worked too....the hospitality industry sucks, you always end up working on the weekend. :p I haven't had a true one since May; my usual days off are now Tuesday and Wednesday, so I call that my weekend.

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    TK, I love the title. Very cool. No complaint except that I need to go to sleep earlier. Why am I still up?

11. CPPJedi

CPPJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    Hey I was watching TechTV yesterday and they were showing a preview of the new SW:Battlegrounds game. Not only did they have awesome clips of the new game, but they made a little fan film, you can say. They gathered up a few of the 501st and Rebel Legion, put them in a forest, added some laser blasts and chicken walkers. Man it looked so cool!

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They previewed all of the new games LucasArts is releasing and Battlegrounds looked cool. I sort of liked Republic Commando but thought it might be too graphic for my padawan. I wish they would release more in the GameCube format. I don't want to shell out the money for an X-Box or a PS2. I might have to go to JR's to play these games...

13. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    My suggestion: wait for the PS3 and XboX2 to come out, pick one of those, and ditch the GameCube... I believe that The GC is Nintendo's Dreamcast. A good idea that came out way too late. I personally believe that it's probably the last Home Console that Nintendo should make. They'll probably put out one more, but they should focus on what they do best: Hand-helds and Development.

EDIT: I think they've (LucasArts) got way too many exclusive titles out on the Game Cube already.

14. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    I am still using and loving my N64. I haven't played anything more advanced. [face_blush]

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We got the GameCube for the padawan because you can play GBA games on it and most of the games are still G rated.

16. CPPJedi

CPPJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I was playing Rouge Squadron 3 barely the other day at TRU and it was awesome!
    I've always loved the GC for it's innocence. Mario Cart is the best! Well, I like the first one from N64 better than the new GC one. Super Smash Brothers is one addicting game that I've been playing quite a bit this summer.

XBox is great but it's HUGE! And PS2 is cool but I guess I'll wait till the new consoles like Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan mentioned.

17. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I loved my little gamecube! Its so portable! I say "was", because it had a unfortunate fall a week ago, and has not worked since. I know that Nintendo will charge more than a new one costs to get it fixed, so, I guess I'll have to buy a new one. How sad.

18. DoDoBinks

DoDoBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    man...N64 is the only "updated" technology game device i have... i still have the original sega Genesis (with sonic the hedgehog) and the old school Nintendo with one of my favorite old school game... Duck Hunt (and the gun that came with it)

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My padawan loves Super Smash Brothers. We have Mario Kart Double Dash also and a bunch of LucasArts games - Clone Wars, Rogue Squadrons 2 & 3, and Jedi Academy. Some make me feel sick.

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm hungry.

21. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I have donuts if you have some melted butter.

22. NaboosPrincess

May 14, 2001
    Why do I have the feeling this butter thing is some inside joke that I missed?

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You and me both, NaboosPrincess. I don't know what it entails but I gather it's something D-B sent to JR and Skyryder. My guess is it isn't G-Rated enough for our boards and may be offensive to women since it was sent to men.

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    It's all ABOUT THE BUTTAH! 500 degree butter!

[image=http://lafanforce.com/ipw-web/gallery/albums/D-B-Personal-Photos/Matt_Happy_001.sized.jpg]

believe it or not, it was PG rated. Nothing sinister or bad.

25. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Was that pic taken at "Lemmings?" Ah, the side dishes...mmmmmmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.