main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Anything Else... Episode IV: A New Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    If I had my winter clothes out here I would be fine, Herb. But since it is supposed to be nice and pleasant in California, I left most of them at home. You can't just be used to the cold, you have to have the right materials. :p

2. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Right materials? That's an interesting explanation to say the least Marah. :p

3. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I left at 1:30 this afternoon to go to Fullerton and it took me TWO-AND-ONE-HALF hours. One way. WHY??????? I'm now so very fried.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Nobody posted anything today so I thought I would. But I have nothing to say.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I hope you are feeling better today DH.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I am, thanks. I spent the weekend bundled up in bed but it was lovely. I missed my padawan's two soccer games and my sister's 40th birthday party (yes, I was scolded by others but not my sis so it's cool).

7. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Dolphins lost.

AGAIN!

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Steelers won though. I am disappointed that Cal was cheated out of the Rose Bowl. My sister and her husband are Cal grads and were hoping to see them at the game (we got tickets) but they aren't going now. Instead, I believe Skyryder's Longhorns are going instead.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes, my Longhorns are going! I'm going to try and get tickets if I can get some that aren't too pricey. I didn't budget UT going to the Rose Bowl this month. Ticketmaster will start selling them tomorrow morning, though I think you can purchase really expensive tickets now through other means.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Skyryder,

I may be able to get you a couple of tickets if you'd like them. Let me know.

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm back, and in effect.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Welcome back, JR.

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Welcome back JR.

And yes DH I would like tickets if you have an "in". Don't go out of your way or anything though. And I don't want to pay more than $75 each for a ticket, for I don't think that is worth it.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I am sure there are some of you out there who remember the comic strip "Bloom County", some more than others. There was one Sunday strip in particular that was recalled to my memory last night. It was one with Opus sitting in the dandelion field with I believe Cutter John. In it, Opus relays to his friend his admiration for the Beatles song, "Yesterday" (at least I think it was "Yesterday") and how whenever he heard the song he imagined dolphins swimming and frolicking in the water. Well then he finally saw the video and it was full of naked women dancing with explosions in the background. The last two panels involved Opus asking his friend if he knew what he now thinks of when he hears "Yesterday" and the answer is naked exploding dolphins.

Well, that's a long start to my story. Last night I saw the video for Hoobastank's song "The Reason". Most of you know that it's a love ballad where the singer professes his love for his "reason" for living. Well, the video was about a con where the band members, with the help of an attractive girl, steal a ruby from a pawn shop. Now when I hear that song I will forever think of naked exploding dolphins. The same thing happened to me with regard to the song "Never You Done That" by General Public. Any way, the moral of the story is stay away from videos. They will ruin your prospective forever.

Skyryder, it shouldn't cost much. Let me find out. Face value on the tickets are $125 each.

15. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    My favorite videos of all time, in no particular order:

Peter Garbriel, "Big Time"
    Ah-Ha, "Take On Me"
    Bonnie Tyler, "Total Eclipse of the Heart"
    Fat Boy Slim, "Weapon of Choice"
    David Lee Roth, "I Aint Got Nobody"
    Van Halen, "Right Now"
    Peter Gabriel, "Sledgehammer"
    Michael Jackson, "Thriller"

16. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    There are a lot of weird music videos out there these days. Nickleback's "Someday" is one I happen to really like, though. It meshes with the song and has a twist at the end. But yeah in general I tend to agree with you, DH.

17. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Most of you know that it's a love ballad where the singer professes his love for his "reason" for living. Well, the video was about a con where the band members, with the help of an attractive girl, steal a ruby from a pawn shop. Now when I hear that song I will forever think of naked exploding dolphins.

[image=http://fyredev.com/images/wtf_cat.jpg]

18. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    my favorite: Girls, Girls, Girls, Uncensored. Motley Crue.

# 2: Girls on Film, Duran Duran. (uncensored too)

19. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I haven't seen any in a looong time, but some that stick out are some Foo Fighters ones, like "Big Me" and "Everlong", and Nirvana's "Heart Shaped Box". I generally liked all the videos from bands I like (mostly 90s-2000 alternative stuff--Red Hot Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins, the Offspring, No Doubt, Garbage, etc.). I should watch mtv sometime, if I can find out when they have videos on...that aren't all hip hop/pop (or crap like Hoobastank :p ...sorry DH!).

20. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    Smashing Pumpkins

I loved Smashing Pumpkins video of Rocket.

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Today has made me miss my LAFF friends so much.....where is everybody!??? What are you up to...

I don't even try to see videos on MTV...VH1 has some good shows occasionally. "Cheestastic" last week was fun.

22. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm here. I'm sleepy. I'm stressed out. I have no more money.

23. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    You already sound married Matt :D! Welcome to the club.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, that does sound oddly familiar. Mr. DH is sick now. Man!

25. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Note to self. Don't get married. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.