main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Anything Else... Episode IV: A New Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I think DB was talking about his dogs, DoDoBinks. ;)

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    either way, Bubba, Hannah or myself. We are all willing. It's all good.

3. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Corporal Punishment is a necessary tool for discipline of children. The removal of it from military training is why our armed forces are a bunch of sissified weenies now, as opposed to in our parent's time.

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Oh yeah, I tottaly advocate the butt kicking of our kids. I've seen the diffence between the way people raise their kids. The lack of respect among todays youth is amazing, but it wouldn't have been a problem if their momma's beat the bejeesus out of them with an extension cord when they were young.

5. DoDoBinks

DoDoBinks Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 28, 2004
    since this is a complaint thread i thought i just randomly complain about my day:

after buying over $300 dollars worth of textbooks i find out that i have to either buy a PDA with 8 MB ($150) or rent one for $25 (they don't have anymore) and then once we get it we have to download a "paperless testing" program for $35 and it's just ahhhh!!!!!! seriously these schools want us to be broke... it's a conspiracy!

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    And what if you can't afford these things. Did you know before signing up for this class that you would need this PDA? Or is this PDA just required for all students?

I would be angry too.

7. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    well no i didn't know about the PDA thing until i got the syllabus the monday...i mean dude, it's called paper... so stupid... if anyone has an extra/unused PDA 8MB (or 16MB), i would love to buy it off from you or maybe i can borrow it or something...i need one of these types:

Palm:
    M130, i705, M515, M125, Palm lllc, M500, M505, Palm Vllx, Palm lllxe, Zire 21, Zire 71, and all Tungsten models

Handspring:
    Visor Platinum, Visor Prism, Edge

Sony:
    Clie S300, S500c

seriously.. i'm planning to go to Frys and just jack one.. lol :p

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Fry's sucks, unless you know EXACTLY what you need, and what specs. They treat people badly.

Speaking of Fry's sucking, does anyone who works for SPE want to have lunch with me next week?

9. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    And god help you if it breaks... If you're serious about horking one, though, you may want to try Circuit City, as security is fairly tight at Fry's.

10. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    thanks, i'll keep that in mind. MUAHAHAHA... ;)

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DB, I think there is someone who works for SPE that wouldn't mind having lunch with you. PM for details.

DoDo, I can check the prices at work on the Clie for you if you like.

12. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    What's SPE? I have a Handspring Prism that I have been thinking about upgrading to a Clie one of these days. I just need to find the money to pay for it. I have to admit that they are really handy to have. Mr. DH calls it my "brain" because it holds all of our important information.

13. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    thanks skyryder, that would be very helpful...

14. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Everyone that I've ever known that's had a PDA has never seriously used it.

15. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    yeah Tik, i'm one of those ^ type of people... but i need to find a cheap one in order to take my french quizes/exams... sucks... personally i don't like palm pilot i just use the SUPER stickly post it notes...lol you should see my room it's full of yellow post it..

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I have an hp iPAQ 4150 pocketpc. It is equipped with wi-fi, bluetooth, a hi-res color screen, and 64MB RAM. I also have a 128MB SD card plugged into it. As it is wireless, I can sync it to my office e-mail anywhere I can find a hot spot. It carries all my important documents (has PocketPC edition of Office 2003), and even plays MP3s.

It is an extremely useful too, and everyone should have one.

Doris, I have an old Visor and PalmIII, but neither one is in color and they both are equipped with 2MB RAM.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I like mine too. I rely too heavily on it really.

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I should really get with the 21st century and use one of those things too, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I still use my loveable old-fashioned paper planner.

19. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    aw poo.. thanks anyways for telling me jay...

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DoDoBinks, the store was closed today due to the holiday and us having a half day at work. DH, SPE stands for Sony Pictures Entertainment.

21. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok.. I'm at work on Saturday.. by myself. It's kind of spooky here being alone. Working alone on a holiday weekend should be a crime. I really hate being here today, and I'm starting to really hate my project manager who keeps changing his mind. Please keep all weapons and sharp objects away from me.

EDIT: Ok.. now it smells like diesel fumes in here.

22. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    being at long beach...u think it's cool... noperZ!... it's hooot... how's the weather for you guys?

i wanna go to the beach...hmm we should have a beach party...

23. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That's an awesome idea.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It is super hot. We just came back from a long weekend at Catalina and it was hot there. It's usually really cool. We did not need long pants or sweaters. Skyryder, you'll be happy to know that I contributed again to the SPE coffers. The local theatre (the only one) was showing Spidey 2 so we all went to see it.

What is up with the weather? It's so hot I have the AC on right now (school starts tomorrow for my padawan).

BTW, Tie1138, if you can find any kelly green polo style shirts in a large let me know, I'd like to get four or so.

25. DoDoBinks

Jul 28, 2004
    good luck to your Padawan DH!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.