main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else II Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, I missed the coveted spot, again. I was busy going to see ROTK again. The family wanted to see it again so we did. JR's last one was very successful. Don't think this will be as much since D-B is wise to us now. Any way, if you have anything to share, please do so.

Edit: Locking at 500 posts per request of CR

2. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    If we could actually manage to keep the other topics focused, this one would be wildly successful, as all off-topic posts would fall into the "anything else" portion of this thread.

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Those smarties candies are good. Probably not good for you though. Especially since you eat handfulls at a time. Apparently the green ones are strawberry

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I really like Shock Tarts. They are so very sour, yet so very sweet.

5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Handfuls of smarties at a time? I eat them one by one.. to make it last longer.. and to savor the unique taste of each individual piece.

Man, I'm craving a nice, juicy burger or a spicy pastrami sandwich.. but this "mad cow" hype always makes me think twice about eating beef. Is it just hype? Is there really a threat? Is this just a terrorist plot by UBL? Well, they say the effects of Mad Cow disease won't surface for 5-10 years. As long as I'm ok to see Episode III, I'll be happy. How's that for being optimistic.
    I'll have In-N-Out for lunch and The Hat for dinner.

6. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    you can't worry too much about eating red meat. The the man above has our number, so be it. It is kind of like being scared to cross the street because something bad could happen.

Go to Tam O'Shanterns in Los Felix, across from Best Buy. They are owned and operated by Lawry's. Guaranteed you won't get poisoned their. Plus, excellent prime rib. I think Islands is good to for non-poisoned food. Just my two cents.

BTW, really original thread D-H.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I know a place in Sierra Madre that gets their beef from the midwest somewhere. They grind their own meat. As I understand it, if you purchase preground meat, you don't know if they ground other things with it. Any way, I am pretty much avoiding red meat for a while, though a pastrami at the Hat sounds delish.

Thanks, D-B. It took me hours to think of this thread's title.

8. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Have a buffalo burger.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Besides the Buffalo Nickel at Pebbley (and I think the airport in the sky), I don't know of any other place that sells buffalo burgers.

10. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    What is "The Hat"?

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    The Hat is a joint famous for their pastrami sandwiches. The original one is at the corner of Valley Blvd and Garfield Ave in Alhambra. They have several more now in the LA area. Good stuff!

I also do not understand what DH is saying. Airport in the sky? Must be Ewok talk.

I dunno if I can eat a buffalo burger. I saw "Dances with Wolves" and an old old old movie called "Bless the Beasts and the Children".. I barely remember any of it, but it involved buffalo.

I'll eat a turkey burger.. but it's not the same. Anyone try the new Low-Carb Six Dollar Burger at Carl's Jr.?

12. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Buffalo meat is YUMM-AY! It's very lean, about half as greasy as cow. It's more filling as well, for whatever reason. I ate Bison Burgers on a quasi-regular basis at a small restaurant called Tom Tom in Bend, OR. when I went to school in the area.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    The Buffalo Nickel and Airport in the Sky are on Catalina Island. Okay, maybe part ewok speak.

14. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    <confused Watto look>

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Ewok speak is in reference to me being named an ewok in the last quiz by JediBith. Perhaps I will come back as one in my next life, we're basically the same height any way.

16. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    don't sell yourself short

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Ha! Ha! Very amusing, Darkliner.

18. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    love ya

19. Darkliner

Aug 4, 2003
    <Train jumps track>
    I was on the IE message board and they have their own header can we do the same? it would probly be cool

20. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    "own message header"??? what does it mean, this "own message header"?

21. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
  22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Can we do anything to make it unique or is it completely under the control of the Board masters?

23. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I went to their board and now realize what he was talking about... they have their own banner. I don't see it as necessary and it'd probably cost money. The LAFF is in the heart, not the screen. (Like I'm an oldbie or something... I really should get over myself) It's fine the way it is.

24. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    guys... relax.

The answer No does not mean we could not do it, but in the last few meetings when it was discussed, there was no follow through on the promises that were made. We have addressed this topic three times.

It gets a little tiring when the onus of responsibilty falls on my shoulders, for almost everything. (Not to overlook some huge contributions from other members... mainly JediBith)

I am getting directions how to do it, and we can put some photos on it... It just moderating the boards daily, planning events, trying to keep a job, and spending some quality time with the Mrs., designing a new banner is not my main priority. Growing out group, and creating new and fun activities is.

If someone wants to run with it, please feel free.

No offense was intended to anyone, just more matter of fact.

25. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    I think we should have lots of exploding lightbulbs and neon lettering and chaser lights on ever page, kind of like the end titles of "The Bulwinkle Show" did.

Uh-oh, I think I just dated myself again...

(sigh)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.