main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else II Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    uh, Claudia, the under-shirts absorb the sweat and perspiration. Also, we wrinkle a lot less than you guys.

Come on, most professional men have two colors: White, and light blue. Medium starch please.

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Those are the exact colors Jon wears also, though he also has a couple of blue and white striped shirts (narrow stripes). His favorite store has gone under so I need a new supplier. When he buys shirts, he buys 5-6 whites and 5-6 blues at the same time and maybe a couple of stripes but they last forever. Light to medium starch.

Time to go to sleep. More tomorrow.

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't like to wear my shirts twice. For one, they get wrinkled, two, I feel dirty wearing a shirt twice, three, I'm a sloppy eater and inevitably some of my lunch always ends up on my shirt (DH knows about that).

SoloJedi,
    I'm glad everything's ok. I passed by your place on my way home. The damage doesn't look that bad from out here. I hope it's not too much of a hassle for you to get fixed and get money from the insurance company. Maybe to balance it out, German Padme will bring in her 325i tomorrow for an oil change, while Across the Stars is blaring over your shop's radio.

-JR

4. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    JR, that?s not lunch on your shirt-you?re supposed to say tie dyed is back in style. Have to leave a little mess for the waitress to clean up ;) .

Sorry to hear about your day SoloJ. Hope the rest of the week is a better one.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Jedibendubruce, that's a great way to look at it. I guess JR and I need to go to a restaurant where the waitresses are worthy of cleaning up the mess for JR.

6. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks again GUYS and Gals!!! :D.
    Yeah it was pretty hectic here yesterday but all is back to "normal"
    JR thanks, i like your way of thinking...i feel better already!!! [face_blush]. Across the Stars......

Abotu the shirts, it's true, i too like to wear a shirt at least twice MAYBE threet imes depending if i sweat alot or not.
    I too have several whites a few blues but I'm trying to mix it up a bit, add some color in there.
    And yes "light starch"!!! :D

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Claudia,

I have a guy who lives/works in Hong Kong who custom makes dress shirts for me. (and suits) Has over 400 colors/patterns. He uses 100 or 200 pt. Sea (something) cotton. Customed measured for you. Only charges $55-65.00 per shirt. All custom done. For example, my collar kneck size is 16 1/4 inch. You choose collar, pattern, thickness, French or traditional..

He comes to Beverly Hills twice a year. Top quality for what you pay at Nordstroms oer Neimans. I only have 4 shirts cause my office is more casual. But I highly recommend.

Of course, Lands End has 100% cotton, Broadcloth for $50.00, They also have regular for 33.00. I only wear Lands End, or this guy. (no snobby tone intended)
    I like Lands End cause they Monogram for free (sometimes) and people think they are fancier.

8. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Oh for Pete's sake...this thread is making me feel really crappy. First off, I don't even know how to starch cloths, don't have a preferred dry cleaning store, don't custom make my shirts and as of a week ago, don't even own a working iron, and I certainly don't have anyone to do all that stuff for me. *hangs head* I'm not worthy of the LAFF.

I don't know, but at both mine and Eric's work, it's casual all the way. No one cares if my jeans aren't pressed and if I hang a warm shirt from the dryer and spray a little of that Downy wrinkle resistance stuff on them, they look fairly nice for work. Here, you're considered dressed up if your t-shirt's tucked in and REALLY dressed up if you are wearing khakis. At this point, I only own a few really "dressy" outfits mainly because I never need them.

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Dana,

Mrs. Darth-Bubba does this trick: Takes her blouse or sweater, and throws it in the dryer with a Fabric Softner, and wet (clean) wash cloth. Put it in for 5 minutes and wrinkles are gone!!

It works..

10. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Fabric softener!? Wow, someone's livin' the good life!

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Danamel99, you didn't happen to buy a $70 iron did you? Because that's the only way to get your clothes nice and pressed. Only rich people get their clothes custom made or have people come to their house and do their laundry for them. In case anyone cares, I get most of my clothes from the any of the stores of the Gap Group (Old Navy, Gap, and Banana Republic). Those seem to fit me the best. J. Crew also fits me decently.

Anyway, new subject.
    I started running! Just last week, I bought some good Nike running shoes. Actually, I'm running because a friend of mine wants me to meet some female friends.. and they're all running in this 10k race next week called "Run Hit Wonder". It's a race sponsored by Nike on the 25th (day after the BBQ). At every mile they have an 80's singing sensation (Flock of Seagulls, Tone Loc, General Public, Devo, and others). I'm not a runner, and I'm really not into running, but I thought I would give it a try.
    I started "training" last week. I ran 2 miles, and wanted to gradually add more. I ran 3 miles on Saturday. A friend of mine suggested I run around the Rose Bowl. He told me one lap is 2 miles. So I set a goal for myself yesterday to run 3.5 to 4 miles.. So I figured 2 laps around should be good. After 1 and 3/4 laps, I was dying..so I walked the last 1/4 lap. I get into work today and discovered that 1 lap is actually 3 miles. So in a way, I almost ran a whole 10k already. My knees are in pain and my legs are so sore. That's not a good way to train. I hope I can recover in a few days. All this just to meet some women.. sheesh. Why can't we just go to a bar, or to dinner or something.

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    But JediRacer, now you will get to meet women AND be healthy doing it! It's a win-win situation.... :p

13. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah dude, you don't want to meet women in a bar.
    Don't fret, I'll start an LA city employee dating service soon!

14. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I actually worked for the Gap Group for a while and still have allot of their stuff. It works for me, durable and trendy :)

15. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
    Gap nice stuff but too expensive for my blood. I tend to stick to Tilly's or Anchor bule Yeah I know the aren't much better but I have friends who work at each so I get discounts and sale prices :) oh yeah :)

As far as girls go I met my current girlfriend at church.

16. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Hey Matt, let me know the next time you go running down by the rose bowl. I'll drive a lap with you.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    JT, are you single? There are tons of hotties running/walking around there. I finally found where they all hang out! My legs are sooo sore.

18. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Um...I bet there are alot of good looking girls running down there.

How about I just sit on the curb and smoke, while counting your laps?

19. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Guess it's better to run WITH the girls than having them run AWAY from you :D .
    I have a friend who runs almost every morning & she stays in great shape. Healthy mind & body.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JR, is this friend Mark? Glad you are having fun with this. I thought most of the women walking/running around the Rose Bowl were married and moms. My son's school has a morning walking group that walks/runs around the Rose Bowl. I used to run but get shin splints. I was told different shoes would help but I haven't found any that work so far. With respect to the Run Hit thing, give Dave Wakeling my love.

CBM, you could make so much money with a City Dating Service. It was nice having lunch with you and JR last week. We'll have to do it again.

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Earlier this year I bought a new stove/oven. Now I think I need to get a new refrigerator. The one I have is pretty old I think (the previous owners left it for me). It makes an annoying ticking sound and it seems to be running all the time. I'm too lazy to do research.. anyone know anything about refrigerators? I'm looking in the $500 range.

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    YES YES YES

Sears (Burbank) is having a sale this week. (I think this week) They make good brands, Whirlpool, and their own brand. Also Matt, in Ontario is a Sear Outlett. There, they have items that might have a slight scratch, or dent in the back. Consequently, they discount the items 300-400.00 Plus, full warranty.

I bought my Diswhaser, and Stove/Oven from them. I saved 300.00 in the oven, and 180.00 on the washer.
    The scratches were on the side, and are never seen.
    Check out the Ontario Outlett. They have great deals.

You can calso buy an extended warranty. (I don't suggest that, ubnless washer or dryer, or dishwasher)

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah man, go to the outlet if you can stand to have a fridge with a dent or a scratch. Mine had a dent in the side, and was missing the ice tray. So I just took the ice tray form the fridge next to it. I wonder if they would have noticed if I stuck a few small apliances in there . . .

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks guys, where is the Sears Outlet in Ontario? I don't care about scratches or dents, I cover my fridge with stickers, postcards, and magnets anyway.

25. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Matt, check this out (unfortunately the link is too long to code it):

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/category.do?vertical=APPL&cat=Refrigeration&adCell=P3&isDataBeanLocked=false&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes]

Use that as a starting point. Sometimes the deals at the outlet stores aren't as good as they seem, if the "regular" store is having a big sale.

Here is the outlet store's address:

2401 S VINEYARD AVE
    ONTARIO, CA 91761
    (909)923-5960

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.