main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else II Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    will will now call Hellen "Ms. Directory Assistance" You know Racer, there is something called 4-1-1 or Yahoo Yellow pages. Check the stores, but the bottom line is, if you can get an $800 new unit for $400, it is usually better then a new $350-450 unit.

Bubba would buy:

Bubba's first pick

Buy this for your friend Bubba

Go check out the outlet. It is worth the drive.

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    24.5 cubic feet?!?! Don't you think that's a bit much for 1 guy? Unless he plans on storing a whole pig in there, I'm pretty sure he can get away with a smaller fridge.

3. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Matt is a big guy and loves to eat.

I doubt 25 will be enough space.

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, all I have in my fridge is milk, some beer, frozen burritos, and ice packs. There's so many to choose from!

5. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I will take my wine cooler in Black please!

6. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Size-wise, who cares? Just get one that makes CRUSHED ICE. Drag out the blender and you're good to go, Matt!

7. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    He could get a 30 cubic foot fridge, but it's a waste of space and electricity

8. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I thought size didn't matter.

at least that's what Yoda says.

9. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Regarding refrigerators (because we just bought one last year) Consumer Reports had several recommendations. Whirlpool is supposed to have one of the better service records. I bought from Pacific Sales in Burbank and it was fine. I think a dent would bother me. I figure I'll scratch it eventually but a dent would be distracting. Good luck, JR. As for ice dispensers, I was told that most get gunked up because of the corkscrew assembly that most dispensers have. I guess the ice gets caught and frozen.

10. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Question:
    Is the "s" word still considered a bad word. You know, the one that uses the same letters as SITH. It seems that I hear that word more and more on TV these days, without being edited out. Just wondering. I use that word all the time, it's a good adjective, noun, and general all around interjection.

11. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    It's still considered bad enough to warrant editing here on the JC....I don't know if that answers your question. I personally don't use it. I still think it's bad. :p

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Growing up with my grandparents I always heard weird sayings and one my grandfather used often was "I wouldn't want that in hand, much less my mouth." Though I don't use it, that word s___ is very useful. Though explain to me how something can both be "Cold as S____ and Hot as S____"?

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Great quote from the G-folks SkyRyder! I was always taught that swearing was permissable, but that one should save it to indicate that one was truly mad. Kind of like an arsenal kept in abeyance until needed. Now I say stuff like "all-fired" and "crimeny." My honey has never heard me swear, and kind of lives in fear of what that'll mean if it ever happens. Basically I feel that one should speak always as if the person one most wanted to impress were in the room. Because you never know when that might actually BE the case...BTW, this applies to how one drives, too...once I was cut off, and flipped off, by one of my students. Yeah, he felt stupid seeing me in class, later...the bottom line is: good behavior always makes one look good. Bad behavior, even if defensible, always makes a person look low.

Your Jedi-mom,
    Bith

14. jedibendubruce

jedibendubruce Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Jedi-mom Bith, I?ve always thought the G-folks were truly mad ;) . Your post is truly wise words to live by. :)

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    As a general rule, I don't swear either. It was not allowed at home while growing up. I have never heard my mother swear and the only time I heard my father swear was when the pain of cancer got too bad and that happened only once. Boy, did it scare us. I sort of keep that in mind when I feel like I'd like to swear. I also don't think it's a good thing to do in front of my padawan. We've had discussions about swearing. Of course, to each his/her own.

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey.. are we ever gonna do another LAFF chat?

17. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    no.

OK, I mean maybe.

Lets see, Rated R? NC 17...? They are fun and easily accessible, but NOTHING gets accomplished, accept for the talk on R2D2 and his accessories. Maybe the topic could be, choose a bar in 818.

Of course we will. Lets get through Satruday first. Also, need to confirm Un-Offical HH in two weeks.
    Feel free to plan one, on a Non-Thursday night.

It would be good if we ironed out the issues on LAFF first, would like to use that sight, if possible.

18. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    What did I miss that was R and NC-17?

How come no one gets funky when I'm around?

19. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Hey, Nick, I'm always funky..
    Get Down, my bro....give me some skin.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I hope to participate in the next chat. I am concerned with the way R2's attachments are being discussed...

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, call me lame but I missed the last 10 minutes of Enterprise last night. My brother came over and I was desperately trying to get rid of him so I could watch then I got a phone call that kept me from the last 5 minutes. What happened? Nick or Jay, I'm counting on you guys to fill me in. Was it me or was the shower scene lame?

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    request fulfilled: "you are lame."

Buy Tivo.

23. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    The Enterprise crew took the warp coil, and left the innocent ship with food and supplies to last them the 3 years it will take them to limp home.

I need to watch this whole season again. Does anyone have it on tape?

24. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My DVD-recorder plays HAVOC with my cable reception. Just warning you all. Win some, lose some it seems...

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks Nick. I watched a bit of last season's finale last night and forgot that T'Pol was taking in tirellium. She's crazy! Another addict.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.