Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else II Thread

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by DarthHaskett, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Ok, so as I posted before, I ran a 10K race so I can meet this girl. I bought new shoes, and trained and put a lot of hard work so I would be able to run this race and not disgrace myself... and guess what. The girl doesn't even show up. She decided to sleep in instead. pssh..

The race was fun though, it was cool to see the old 80's bands. Flock of Seagulls looks nothing like they used to. Tone Loc looks the same. Tommy Tutone (867-5309) looks old. Devo is still pretty cool. General Public looks nothing like they used to either. There were lots of people and it was HOT.

But the no-show chick was really disappointing. Such is the story of my life. Hard work = no reward.
  2. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Matt, just keep reminding yourself -- her loss.

3. SoloJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    yeah matt -
    don't worry about it! It is her loss and that means someone better will come along...
    Just keep doing your thing and you'll see, in time you'll be all ga ga over some chick and she'll like you too...just be who you are!!!

And your hard work has paid off: you got a townhome/condo., a new car, (3 cars) a house full of SW stuff....remember focus on what you have, NOT on what you don't....you'll stress out less.

Also, not everyone can run a 10k so that's a good thing too. The race sounded like fun....i heard about it on the radio but i didn't know all those other bands were gonna play too. Must have been totly awesome man...radicle!!!
  4. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I saw JR when he got back and he was in pain (we were going to pick up some In n Out burgers). I agree with you guys, it's the girl's loss. There will be others.
  5. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    JR, I think it is awesome that you ran the race. That is really cool and plus you're probably in good shape now, don't let the no-show bother you.
  6. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    She didn't show up and you still ran? Wow, just when you think you know a guy. :p
  7. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Some women just have no sense! You're obviously better off "still on the market." Your true one-and-only WILL come along!

Have faith,
    JediBith
  8. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I met a girl who ran the race also. Thanks for the headsup on the race. Just knowing about it gave me an in. ;)
  9. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Thanks for all the encouraging words guys.. I appreciate it. Someday... something good will happen. I have to start working on Saturdays again (overtime).. that'll be fun (I'm being sarcastic).
  10. chibiangi Force Ghost

star 4
    Ok, so as I posted before, I ran a 10K race so I can meet this girl. I bought new shoes, and trained and put a lot of hard work so I would be able to run this race and not disgrace myself... and guess what. The girl doesn't even show up. She decided to sleep in instead. pssh..

So what's up with this chick? A co-worker? Friend? You said you went to "meet" her but you obviously have already "met" her if you know she slept in?

Anyway, if you like her ask her out. Work some Jedi mind tricks on her. The worst she can say is "NO! I HATE YOU DIE, DIE, DIE." If so, move on. There lotsa chicks out there. No hairs off your...head. If not, score!

Oh, and ditto on what everyone else said :D
  11. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Chibiangi,
    This chick is a friend of a friend. My friend's wife's friend to be exact. She (my friend's wife) thought this would be a nice way for us to meet. My friend's wife called her up before the race to ask where she was, and she replied "still in bed".

Sure, I could say it's "her loss", but.. how many times do I have to say that? Oh well.. who cares.
  12. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JR, don't worry about it. Sorry you have to do the OT thing again. At least you can stow the extra money towards C3!
  13. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Here's what you do, call her, and say, "Yo baby, where you at?"

When she asks, "Who is this?", hang up the phone.
  14. Darkliner Jedi Knight

star 1
    this however is only suited to those with reveng complexes and nothing better to do
    <smacks Jilted upside the head>
    do what you thinh you should do
  15. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Its not revenge. Its mental games.

She will eventually go mad, and then she will be all JR's.
  16. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's an interesting way to win a girl's heart.... :p
  17. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
  18. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    That's an interesting way to win a girl's heart....

Hey can I get your phone number.
  19. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    How about 1-800-IDONTTHINKSO. ;) :p
  20. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    That number didn't work! :mad: WTH?
  21. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    Damn, she just stuck all five digits in my face, and shook her head.

Now I have to go to plan B.
  22. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Are you still talking about me? Because it's all about ME, you know.

Why am I so tired today?
  23. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    JR there's no me[/] in TEAM! . . oh, wait . .
  24. Darkliner Jedi Knight

star 1
    I don't know If I should ask but Whats plan b Jilted
  25. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    Well guys, this concludes another festive, happy, successful thread. Kind of amazing, that Darth-Haskett created this one, and we made it 20 pages. And Darth-Haskett, a thread that people actually were interested in....

Hope we can keep the rest as interesting...

Congrats.

Darth-Bubba,
    City Rep LA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.