main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else II Thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Jan 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    What about those annoying stormtroopers that stop you every time you enter a city. Sure, they will tell you its because you are carrying suspicous looking droids, but I think the real reason is that they just have nothing better to do. It makes me nuts to think that the only way I ever get respect is to haul around an old JediKnight, who happens to know a few mind tricks.

Sheesh, whats this galaxy coming to, anyway???

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Speaking of Galaxies.. Jundland_Jay.. we need to meet up. I don't think I'll be playing anymore.. I want to give you all my money, and whatever else I have. They will still exist after I'm gone right?

Back to the topic at hand..
    I think Del Taco is better.

3. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Perhaps you should start an advocacy for victims of "Model Profiling" JJ, in a world so unjust, our metallic brethren have so few places to turn... If only there was someone out there who would stand up for the little astromech in all of us!

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey, Can I sue fast food restaurants because I'm not overwieght? I think that would be a pretty good scam, I mean case.

5. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    We'll put in a huge class-action suit! You'll sue fast food for not being fat, and I'll sue the fitness equipment and health club industries for making everyone else skinnier than me! We'll make millions! I mean we'll be compensated for the injustices coporate america has thrust upon us, leaving us downtrodden and hopeless in this bleak landscape of perfection and woeful indignation heaped upon us by the people that have more money than us!

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm down for the fitness lawsuite, Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan. We should sue them also for make my arms hurt and making me tired.

Also I would like to sue:

[image=http://wanken.de/mirrors/www.wolfecomputer.com/zanescans/2001/images/S089-Eliza_Dushku-Zane%5EScans-2001_jpg.jpg]

For giving me naughty thoughts.

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    You guys are too funny. I agree that our little metal friends need a coalition to represent them. They should be allowed to partake of "special beverages" in establishments like the Mos Eisley Cantina. We should ban that place and any other that refuses service to our robotic brethren. We need a march on Washington. WHO'S WITH ME?!

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Okay, a couple of things...

I was watching "Teen Titans" with my padawan and the first villian was called Control Freak. He had on what looked like a Jedi outfit, a bandolier like Chewie's (only one), and some odd coat. When Raven sarcastically said, "I'm petrified" he replied, "You will be, you will be." Very funny.

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    How did that episode end? I turned it off after that movie monster apparently came to life.

10. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Teen Titans never grabbed me. Haven't watched a single episode.

11. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    That was the first episode I saw, and will probably be the last. I miss the old Batman cartoon. The one from a few years ago, not Super Freinds

12. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    TT never grabbed me too. I'm sure it's an ok cartoon. But I never got interested.

Anyway, got a little question for the peeps who run the boards:

Is there anyway to edit the script of this board so as to "show" or display any member who's on? you know, so that we all see who's on the boards at that exact given time?

Just a little thought that occured to me...

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Teen Titans ended with the creatures being manifestations of Raven's powers. Oh wait, they grabbed the remote from Control Freak first. I love superheros so I can always watch them. I agree with you CBM, the old Batman cartoons were cool. I can always watch those, Superman also. I even watched Batman Beyond. I like the Justice League also, though it's way more upbeat than most of the other cartoons. The old Batman cartoons were dark.

14. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Is there anyway to edit the script of this board so as to "show" or display any member who's on? you know, so that we all see who's on the boards at that exact given time?

There's a "Users Online Page" link at the top right of every page. Clicking that should tell you who's on at the moment, but it's a long list.

15. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003

Ok..thanks Lordjedi...how about for specific areas like L.A. for instance...so members can see who of their friends are on?

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    SpongeBob Rules.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    What ever happened to those non-PC cartoons like Hong Kong Phooey (Jive talkin' kung-fu dog), Underdog (pill-poppin' pooch), Speedy Gonzalez, and such from the old days?

18. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    you left out the best:

George of the Jungle

Super Chicken

Tom Slick

Of course, remember Battle of the Network Cartoons? They would have a race every Saturday, and try to kill/ incapicitate each other.

19. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    "Non-PC" Cartoons of the 70's and 80's have gone the way of "ethnic" jokes and mysoginy. We live in an "enlightened" era of racial sensitivity and equality for everyone who has enough money to afford it. People are different, it's what makes us interesting. As we approach with alarming alacrity the age of Harrison Bergeron, "civilized society" would have us believe that we are headed toward a new level of understanding and peace with "our fellow brothers".

Why then does the world suck worse than ever whilst we have to monitor our every word and thought so as not to offend anyone else? When the politicians and academicians push this forced parity down our throats, they do it hoping that we'll be too preoccupied with our own failings to recognize theirs...

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    People are too eager to sue each other now so no one wants to offend. Down with Attorneys! (Whoops, are there any out there?)

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes Jundland_Jay,
    Today, the LAFF boards have "turned Japanese". HA!

22. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    I really think so!

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    NO! That's not true, that's not possible!

24. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    "Search your feerings, you know this to be tlue!"

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I messed up that quote, it's "...that's impossible." So solly...oh no, rook! It's happerning to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.