main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    475! Whoo hoo! Finally, I got a good post number, though I am sort of cheating by double posting. Still, it's mine, all mine!! Okay, I'm insane...

By the way, don't read too much into my last post, JR is a dear friend of mine who I would not want to hurt in any way. He's probably the only single guy Mr. DH would allow me to travel with. He's a good traveling buddy also. He's just very particular about certain things, his cars, his Star Wars stuff, things important to him.

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    DOUBLE POSTER!! You double posted within minutes of each other twice on the previous page DH!
    But thanks for sticking up for me. I've mentioned it here before what my car means to me. My car isn't just a mere means of getting from point A to point B. It is an extension of my own self. My and my friends (also car guys) identify each other by our cars. Anyway, to deface/disrespect my car is the same as someone coming up to me and squirting mustard purposely on my head. It's grounds for battle. Of course, I'm only 5'2" and it's not wise for me to pick fights with 8 overweight loser teens in crappy Chevy Blazers... but my big mouth gets me in trouble (this is one of the reasons why I haven't bought a 9mm Sig Sauer yet). Sure, we've all been a little "punkish" once in our lives, but I've never done anything to anyone's car unless it was provoked.

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I had to, otherwise I would not have gotten the coveted position. You are welcome by the way.

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Racer,

you should have popped a cap in their A$$. See my post for Aren't these cool. That sucks, too bad. Also, "the club" makes a very strong and harsh weapon. Two pieces of metal around 12-18 inches long.

D-H, I know what your profession is... just playing with you. Duh!!

Now, regarding Belkin Components.... I don't know a thing about the technical answer to your need, but please.... buy lots of products from Belkin. They are a very good and a big client of mine. Buy Buy Buy! Even a mouse pad.

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Man, if JR had a gun he would be serving multiple life sentences...

Yes, I know you know I am an engineer, I am just playing.

Okay, based on your suggestion, I will buy everything Belkin makes...no, not really.

6. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    dude JR, sorry to hear about your little problem with your car. That really does SUCK!!! Yeah, it makes me angry when other idiots don't respect people's things. I'm all for goofing around IF it's within good taste and no one or nothing gets hurt, damged, destroyed etc.
    what i hate is when idiots like those who put the sticker on your car just sit there and "get away with it", and if you even try to do something about it, you're the one who'll get messed up for it.
    I don't believe that violence solves anything. JR, if you have a little residue from the sticker (glue) on your bumper, just dab a little lighter fluid on it and it should come off not ruining the paint.
    Sorry, i will not be able to atend this meeting. Had a freind go to Australia and will be showing her pictures at a little gathering this sat...
    But hope you guys have fun! I would like to do the bowling thing again if it's possible in the future....
    Ok this was my post for now....gettin closer to the big 500!!! woo hoo!

7. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    When I went to the XFL game a few years ago, we went with a friend who drives a Porsche 911. (it may have been a 944) Anyway, we tailgated, and had a fun time.

When we got back, someone keyed it for no reason. No a single word was said, nobody was angry at him. Just jealous/envious. Good news was he had insurance, but the senseless vandalism would have cost him over $2,000 for a new paint job.

Of course, this was at USC near compton, but we were sure it was guys attending the event. Sorry again JR, good thing everything worked out, or you and I would have had to go on a mission, of vengance.

8. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2003
    Even I, in my heyday would never key someone's car... it's akin to kicking someone in the nuts, it's just not done. Lighter Fluid can damage clearcoat and WILL damage metallic paint. Goo Gone is the answer.

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I have some Goo Gone Matt. PM me if I should bring it tomorrow.

TK421, check out our new added misc. photo section. I warn you, we are a cool group, but a rowdy group.

LAFF at their best/worst

10. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    oops my bad JR sorry! thanks for the heads-up TK.....

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Oops I already used lighter fluid, now I have this whole section of dull, damaged paint!! ARRRRGH!! Just kidding, like I said, there was no reside, no damage. Although I will need some adhesive remover soon because I plan to take the badges off my car and replace them with JDM ones (that's Japan Domestic Market for those not in the "Import" scene; my car is called the Nisaan Skyline in Japan, my friend got me the Skyline badges for xmas.. so I have to put them on or he'll feel hurt)

12. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    The Skyline is no more, my friend... the 350Z replaced it. I am currently saving up to buy one... My landlady's brother is importing them... I'm looking at getting a '95 R30 for about 24k... It's gonna be a long damn while before I have that kind of change, but when I do... You can bet the first thing I say when I sit in that badboy is this: "I think I'll run over some caucasians today"...

EDIT: I've seen those pics... I am trying to "keep up", as I think you'll find I'll dovetail nicely into the group (for once). My lady is a casual fan of the OT, but to her "They're just good movies, nothing to obsess over."

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have a small bottle of Goo Gone if you need some also, JR. Let me know.

Mr. DH isn't a fan at all. He only saw part of ANH in the theatre, never saw ESB during it's original release, then saw ROTJ. He did not see ESB until I took him to see the entire trilogy at the then new AMC (now a Laemmle) in Pasadena. They played all three back to back, well with a 15 minute break in between. It was sweet. My padawan is being brought up right though.

14. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I should have checked this last night. I don't know the models so I will look at them tonight. I can fax a sketch if you PM a fax number to me, LordJedi. I would appreciate any help. The Tech support guy spent between 30 to 45 minutes on the phone with me trying to help me set it up.

Unfortunately, I have no fax machine. If you can scan the sketch and email that, that would work.

15. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    TK, I must correct you. The Skyline is still alive in Japan and it's called the Infiniti G35 here. The Skyline GT-R is no more. The 350Z and all other Z's in Japan are called Fairlady. An all new Skyline GT-R should be out in 2007.

I'm impressed by your knowledge of the subject. I won't go into it anymore because most people have no idea what a Skyline GT-R is.

16. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Racerdude,
    Just remember, "Bumper stickers don't kill cars, Cars kill bumper stickers."

Seriously, though, it seems that the new generation of kids has a certain lack of respect and apathy for ethics that we never had. For the most part, they really dont care what happens as long as they get what they want.

17. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I blame the parents. And that darn rap music.
    A wise woman once told me "Too many people today aren't raising thier kids, they're just keeping them alive untill thier 18."
    I tottaly agree with her.

18. Darkliner

Darkliner Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2003
  19. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    So, who will it be? I am now 493. Seven more to go for the 500th post you know.
    Methinks it should be Jediracer to get it or perhaps Darth Bubba, afterall they are the "thread starter" and "leader" of the LAFF.

But if i get it that's ok, or maybe darthhaskett, darkliner or jundland jay.
    Naboos princess sure would be neat, or perhaps TK's loooong entries would be sweet....

Ok, i'll shut up now! :D

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    How funny, everyone's anxious to see who get's the 500th post. I think we should just finish it off and start an new one now. Darth Haskett is probably rushing home at the moment hoping she will get there in time to "steal" it.

Knowing how things work here, this thread probably won't be closed exactly at 500 unless SRB_Jedi_Knight is watching it very closely.

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's comments concerning my car. No harm, no foul.. but yes, today's youth aren't as respectful and courteous as they were in the past. Just keep me away from the gun store...it's that darn Rap Music again, putting ideas in my head.

21. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    yea, its that damn rap music I tell you. Atleast they don't blame it on Judas Priest anymore, or my heavy metal bands.

BTW, the thread is closed when the City Rep. determines, or request it closed. Sure would be a bummer if it closed at 498, or 499. But, would be ironic.

Please don't waste the post, have something good to say.

Wow, JR, you are famous, longest thread in LAFF history. Get ready for our Papa Johns or Taco Bell.

22. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Jedi Racer: I am a total Japo-phile, and am a rather big fan of all-wheel-drive racing vehicles. The Skyline is a natural fit. I must admit that I was ignorant of a skyline variant other than that of the GT-R series... I didn't know there'd be a new one coming out in '07... are they finally gonna go for a 4Litre V6? I'm sure it'd be an insane beast that would never be street legal in this country, but it'd be awful cool to see one.

23. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    TK,
    Yes, they have some AWESOME cars in Japan, that never see American shores. Although they are slowly trickling in, i.e. Subaru WRX STi and Mitsubishi Evolution. I would say these are the honest "muscle cars" of today.. sticking to the idea of putting a massively powerful engine in what is basically an economy car. I've seen some R-33 and R-34 Skyline GTR's driving around J-town and in Gardena. There are people importing them here as used cars. I have no idea what the 2007 GTR will be but there is talk it will be brought here under the Infiniti Badge and will slot between the M45 and Q45.

I will end this thread with a legit question.

I'm having a new oven/stove delivered to my townhouse on Sunday. Am I supposed to tip the delivery people?

24. Tikei-Fore-Tu-Wan

Sep 9, 2003
    Delivery: $5 bux per person.

Installation: $10

If they don't at least get it into the kitchen, a simple "have a nice day" (@$$h0l3$) will suffice.

EDIT:If the guys who deliver it install it as well, I think it'd be fair to drop them $10 apiece.

2nd EDIT: If you paid a delivery charge, they should get bupkes, as they get most or all of that charge.

25. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    Well i don't know about tipping or not but will you be having a "breaking-in my oven" party? I'll take over my fake SW OT DVDs which i told you about.

Let's see, let's see, what else can i say to make this last post worth while...
    ok JR it's all your buddy...you're all clear kid now let's blow this thread and go home!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.