main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Let's not forget though the han solo was a pirate

Han Solo was a smuggler. I don't recall him ever being a pirate. And even if he was (operative word being was) he isn't anymore.

2. Silent_Bob_West

Silent_Bob_West Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2002
    Isn't smuggling a form of Piracy? Piracy is not limited to looting and plundering. It can also involve many other illegal activities including the transport of contraband which is what Han did for Jabba. Also, didn't Lando refer to Han as "you old Pirate" in ESB? Even after Han became "legit" he still liked to take matters into his own hands when it was necessary. We can at least say that Han is definitely a pirate at heart.

ARRRR!!!

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Lando refers to Han as an Old Pirate. (when he greets him on Bespin)

4. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    still a pirate....
    I didn't mean to dis han since he's my favorite character....just adding to the whole pirate topic racer started...again always causing trouble this race-dude is. :D ;)
    Hey SBW, saw your picures from comi-con...looking good with goatee. Finaly saw you in full costume.
    how's the SW one coming along that you were working on?

5. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    d'oh! I stand corrected.

6. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Arr, it be true that Han were a pirate but he changed. It be also true that celybratin' those scoundrels be bad form but remember that we be admirers o' Master Vader who also be a tarribul parson. That said, me thinks JediRacer should lighten up 'n jus not take things so seriously. Arr 'n avast, mateys. Ye all enjoy the rest o' the day.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ah.. I have another complaint:
    Drivers who drive with their left foot on the brake pedal. I can't stand that! Their brake lights are always on and 1) it's annoying and 2) it's dangerous because you don't know when they are really braking! It's bad for people like me who like to tailgate.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Most of the people who drive like that are older people.

My complaint du jour is too much time at work and not enough time in the day for the important stuff.

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Sometimes, I am not always angry... in fact...I am very very very happy about this:
    The nice people at DWP are replacing my toilets 100% for free, and giving me new ones. Also, new shower heads. All to conserve water.

So on my next get together, please be sure to appreciate the toilet quality in Casa de Darth-Bubba. There is nothing as exciting as breaking in a brand new toilet. Also, the Bubba will be quite happy.

Free Toilets

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Darth-Bubba,

That's really cool that the City is doing this. Of course this is coming out of taxes and surcharges and maybe even my salary. Oh well. Please be sure to point them out the next time we have a soiree at Casa de Darth-Bubba.

11. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    Does anyone else here like Radiohead? I went to their show at the Hollywood Bowl last night and, wow were they great.

12. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Can anyone get me David Bowie Tickets?

Can anyone get me Simon and Garfumnkle tickets? (not the $225 face either)

D. Haskett, at least now I get something out of my taxes. Nice to see the benefit. But actually, DWP pays for it. The save $ on less water consumption.

13. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    How about Robert Palmer tickets? Or Johnny Cash?

14. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Tie--I tried to win tix on KROQ, but, as I have only a cell phone, it was an impossible task. :( I would've LOVED to go see them! I wish I had a real phone so I'd have a slight chance of getting through...

I got really excited at work last week when, while closing, I heard "How to Disappear Completely" on the stupid mall satellite station. I was shocked.

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    KROQ is having a breakfast with Radiohead on Tuesday at the Capitol Records Tower. I am not telling you to go there without a ticket but I have a friend who once was able to walk into a KROQ breakfast WITHOUT a ticket. I have never tired it myself and am not saying you should do it. I am just saying that I know someone who was able to. It usually helps if you are a woman though.

16. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    Hmmm, I may be in need of a new dress.

17. DarthZuhl

DarthZuhl Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2003
    You 'an me Tie....I also see a new pair of highheels, a wig and make-up is in order...

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Good luck guys. I'd like to go to some of the concerts KROQ presents but most of the groups (read all) I want to see are not exactly ones that Mr. DarthHaskett would appreciate.

19. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    I'm so sorry you couldn't get tickets, Sara. :( That is quite rare that they'd play that song. Something like "There There" would be expected.

Mrs. Haskett, I think that the Mr. would have enjoyed this last Radiohead show, it was just that great. It seemed that everyone there had a great time. What other bands would you be interested in?

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My current favorite is Linkin Park but I like The Used, AFI, Coldplay (which might be acceptable), and others.

21. TIE1138

Apr 3, 2002
    Ahh, Linkin Park. I went to school with their DJ and he was in my drum corps. I never really knew him though. I don't really like their Meteora album, but Hybrid Theory was cool.

I'm not too familiar with The Used, but I like some songs from AFI and Coldplay. My favs include Incubus, 311, A Perfect Circle, Tool, Radiohead, Deftones, The Flaming Lips, and many others.

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know Joe Hahn? That is so cool! Man! I liked Meteora and I liked the DVD that came with it. I'm so crazed I even have their DVD "Frat Party at the Pancake Festival". I did not get Reanimation though because I thought the songs that they redid were terrible.

Perfect Circle and 311 are cool. I can't get into the Flaming Lips though. Incubus is cool also. I thought about skipping work once to go to the breakfast with Incubus last year but did not. It was an open ended breakfast so you did not have to win tickets. It was on a Friday also. Oh well. I also like Good Charlotte though I don't really care for the girls and boys song.

23. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    not to beat a dead horse, (from last night) but... NONE of those bands would even exist if not for Kiss and Aerosmith! Period.

Oh yea, I am buys on October 16 and 18th.

24. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Kiss and Aerosmith owe their livelihoods to:

The Beatles
    The Stones
    The Who
    Elvis Presley
    and of course,
    Boxcar Willie

25. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I am not a Rock N Roll Historian, so I will say this off the top of my head... Yes Elivs, Yes Beatles. The Who and Stones were peers, I think. Box Car... I can't touch that one.

I read somewhere that the top three highest record sales (most Gold Albums) were Beatles, Kiss, Michael Jackson, Elvis.

Oops, I stand corrected. In this order:

Based on Joel Whitburn's Top Pop Albums 1955-1996 and subsequent RIAA certifications, these artists have the most gold and platinum albums (each album is counted only once even if the album was certified gold, platinum, and multi-platinum):

Elvis Presley (80)
    Barbra Streisand (46) [the female with the most multi-platinum titles]
    The Beatles (39)
    The Rolling Stones (38)
    Neil Diamond (37)
    Elton John (32)
    Kenny Rogers/First Edition (28)
    Frank Sinatra(26)
    Bob Dylan (28) [two with the Band]
    Willie Nelson (24)
    George Strait (24) [all 24 have gone gold and platinum]
    (number 12) Kiss (23)