main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else thread

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediRacer, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Just wanted to say Good morning to all.
    Hope you had a great weekend whatever you did!
    WOW! No complaint on this post!!! :D

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok, here's something. SoloJedi took the 100th post on this thread!

How was your weekend SoloJedi?

Oh, I have a complaint! I went to my cousin's daughter's 2nd birthday party. Kid's birthday parties are no fun for single guys like myself. Kids are on the loose everywhere, and the parents only talk about their kids. It's nice to be invited an all, I guess.. but it's kind of depressing ('cuz I'm single and all.. we won't get into that), and just overall not fun. :(

3. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    100th post! 100th post 100th post!! YAY!!!
    What do i win? ;)

So jediracer, you complaining cause i got the 100th post???

Sorry to hear about your situation regarding the party. But i'm sure you had fun!

As for me, saturday i went to see "out of time" some friends. It was o.k.
    yesterday had some friends over for a bbq and played some pictionary.

4. CHIEFS__CHICK

CHIEFS__CHICK Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    Just popped in to say "GO BRONCOS" :D

I know my screen name may tell a different story, but I lost a bet with a Chiefs fan :p

5. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    ^ ^ ^
    What the..?

Solo,
    Man, I've barely seen any movies lately (another complaint). I usually see most of them. Here's what I want to see: Lost in Translation, The Rundown, Underworld, and.. I definitely do not want to miss Kill Bill!

6. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    i aint been to the movies in a long time.
    I don't go as much as before.
    I saw the rundown..that was good. i'd see it again.
    I missed a lot of films this past year due to school and lack of interest...
    I wanna see the one with zeta-jones and clooney.
    maybe school of rock...

7. ILuvDanteHall

ILuvDanteHall Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2003
    um, well i've also been forced to post in here and i don't have anything else relevant to add, so....

[image=http://www.baypr.co.za/images/cheese.gif]
    just look at that cheese, will ya!

8. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My complaint:

I go to double-check on my polling place for tomorrow's election and it has moved to some weird location NOT EVEN ON ANY MAP. Check further...NEITHER IS MY BETROTHED'S ON ANY MAP??? At the risk of bringing down the wrath of the minders of the TOS: WTF??!!!!!!!!!

I have been voting for over 25 years and ALL OF A SUDDEN I can't vote where I normally do? This whole thing has a REALLY BAD SMELL.

JediBith

9. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I was just watching the news and they were saying that since the amount of time to get equipment out was more limited, that there are only 1800 polling places vs about 8000 during a normal election. Like you, my polling place was moved as well. Mine's a little further away, but not much (I could still walk there if I wanted to).

All I can say is that no matter how you're gonna vote, you need to take advantage of this. There are people in other countries that can't even vote to change their system. We have been granted a rare gift. Take full advantage of it.

If you need help finding your polling place, this site should be some help http://www.ss.ca.gov/elections/elections_ppl.htm. I think it's listed by county (I was listed under Orange for instance).

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    My polling place has moved also. I had to check it this morning to make sure it was still where it was supposed to be. I used to be able to walk over but not any more. Oh well, get out there and vote everyone!

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yes please vote.. Vote YES on Prop. 53!! I know you've never heard anything about it, but it provides funds for infrastructure, which are the things that holds the state together. Things you don't think about normally (but what is essentially my job), such as streets, water, power, sewers, utilities, etc. were built a long time ago (not in a galaxy far, far away) and is aging, so we need to spend some money now to upgrade and maintain it or else we'll be paying major bucks in the future.
    Anyway, enough campaigning here...

BTW, did anyone feel an earthquake last night?? or was I just dreaming...

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just for you, Matt:

1.3 2003/10/06 22:28:41 7 mi SSE of Loma Linda, CA
    1.9 2003/10/06 07:36:38 3 mi S of Fountain Valley, CA

Those are the closest earthquakes from Monday. I think you were dreaming :)

Helen

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Will do JediRacer! :) In a much better mood today...no complaints. I decided to focus on the good...like the really cool house I saw on the way to work all decked out for HALLOWEEN! I love it when folks get into it like that...

Cheers (and don't forget to vote--I'll be hunting for my polling place after work),
    JediBith

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I guess I was dreaming.. or perhaps my Jedi senses have become attuned to earthquakes.

15. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have been out a bit, but need to add some important information to all you voters:

I arrived at my voting location (a different place than usual) at 7:05 AM. There were 15 people in front of me. At 7:10 AM, I had around 15-20 behind me.

Give yourselves plenty of time. It will be busy.

Liz, Refresh my memory on the word procastinate??

D-B

P.S. Jedi Racer, I did vote in favor of your "feeble ammendment..." ha ha ha.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bubba,

If you voted for JediRacer's feeble amendment, you did so before he posted it. Like JediRacer, I also encourage everyone to vote yes on Prop. 53. Most of the infrastructure in the LA area are super old and need to be repaired or replaced. Thanks.

17. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    DarthBubba -- I really WAS gonna vote before work, but I heard about those long lines, and I didn't want to be late, so...I'll be doing my civic duty after I get home. Provided I can find the place of course! ;)

JediBith

18. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Tupac isn't on the ballot! What happened?

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Governator.
    I'm not going to say who I voted for, but I'll give him a chance.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I did not vote for the Governator either. Oh well, the people have spoken. I have a cough that just won't go away. Man!

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Icky about the governator. And I wish I had invented that term, but I didn't: I read "governator" somewhere long ago, while Ahnold was still considering running or not. I have, however invented "goobernator" and will call him that whenever I'm forced to refer to him! ;)

Heeeeeeeee (trying to maintain my sense of humor),
    JediBith

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    And now for something completely different:

I hate my new bifocals!!!!!!!! Getting old is yucky.

JediBith

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Oh! Glasses are bad. Fortunately, my eyes are still in good shape. I dread the day when I actually need them. I was once prescribed glasses for computer use but my eyes got better, rather funny, really.

24. ArtMaul

ArtMaul Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    I would like to complain about meetings being Sunday night. I have no suggestion however. I also think IRON MAIDEN rulez and Papa Johns pizza is da shiznit.

25. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I actually like Papa Johns much more than Pizza Hut, Dominos, and the others. Hear Hear.. Papa Johns rocks.

I even have them programmed on my cell phone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.