main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else: V8 - That's a lot of complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess I was the last post so I'll be the first complaint.

To reiterate. My car cover got stolen. :(

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That sucks. Must be the homeless in Pasadena.
    I would like to file a complaint about housing prices. It's too expensive and we need to do something about it. I need to make an extra $300K right away. Do you think my collection is worth that much?

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Major bummer indeed. I ordered a new one, with a lock this time. :mad:

JR, I don't think your collection is worth that much. Sorry. Though I would pay a fair amount for your Toy Fair Vader.

4. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    wow, 8 X 500 = 4,000 b****** and or complaints. Thats a lot. Hopefully, some were ompliments.

Complaint: Emmys were boring. I cared about Lost and Desperate.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Two of our friends won Emmys this year so we were pretty excited! Complaint: went hiking at the beach yesterday and feel really sore. I swear those cliffs have gotten steeper! 8-}

6. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    You have friends with emmy's? I don't think I'm cool enough to hang out with you guys [face_worried]

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    That's great, JB! What did they win for?
    I went to sit in the bleachers next to the red carpet...took almost two rolls of film, had fun but got heatstroke or something and felt tired and ill the rest of the night. It was hot! Everybody Loves Raymond = Best Comedy!?! That show is not funny. Arrested Development got robbed by that "farewell" vote...not to mention Jessica Walter and Jeffrey Tambor getting beat by Everybody Loves Raymond people (Brad Garrett & Doris Roberts?). At least TDS won best show in its category, and best writing. Jon Stewart's presenter thing was funny.

Arrested Development season premier tonight!!!

No new Daily Show--they're recovering from Emmy after-party hangovers (actually just travelling back to NY...but maybe some of both).

8. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    They are cool awards but man is it a pain to live across the street when they are going on! I needed to edit my film in the Avid lab across the street from the Shrine and it took me a half-hour to get in. All the streets were closed off, so first I had to find some way to get there, and when I finally arrived, they wanded me down and checked my bag. They must've had a hundred or so cops out there yesterday...pretty incredible.

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    ES - Glad you had fun, sorry you got sick.

NP - What's with the cross out again? If you think that's bad, you should live within two blocks of the Rose Parade. It's impossible to get out of the City.

I found out this weekend that a classmate of mine is working on Supernatural. He co-wrote that second Steven Segal movie, the one on the train. So be like SR and watch it!

10. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    cbm -- we are not cool enought to hang with YOU!

ES -- one won for SFX on Lost, one won best lead actress in a drama. I have a thing against posting the names of friends who are famous, but you can figure it out -- her initials are P.A. (oh, and PLEASE keep my policy and don't post her name here!!). We were very happy for them!

NP -- I too was wondering about the line through your name...

11. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Same here DB, I only really watched for desperate housewives, Eva Longoria. Still, she could not pass for a comedian when she was like "you got a limo? or theres is an after party?" She still looked good no complaints there. Overall I liked the theme song performances/voting.

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oh, didn't mean to freak anyone out...just changed the name for Talk Like A Pirate Day! Technically I should be posting with my sock, PiratePrincess, but I forgot. This account has been taken captive by the pirates in honor of the holiday. ;)

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, you are beyond cool! I am always so impressed by the star quality people you know!

NP, thanks for the explanation. I know the last time you were crossed out like that there were some upper level problems. Yes, yesterday we spent the day speaking like a pirate. It be a jolly holiday.

14. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    DH -- That's terrible about your car cover, especially now that it's been RAINING! Did everyone else have almost no sleep last night due to Mr. Boom-Boom Thunder? Man, it was LOUD over here! :eek:

15. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought that was Bubba having gas.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, thanks for the sympathy. It was a moisture resistant cover so my little car would have been protected right now. Bummer. I don't like to drive it in the rain because the wipers are unreliable and it fogs up too much.

I guess I must have been dead to the world because I slept like a log last night. I may have to set up a back up alarm in case the power goes out and I don't wake up.

17. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I woke up every minute...basically with every boom. So annoying.
    So me tired today.

Under the Anything else section: I'm getting my hair done on thursday and I am so excited. It'll be red.

18. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I just ate some Mexican food, and now I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack.. ugh.

19. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    First post of the day. I feel so behind. I've been working hard. That's my complaint. I didn't hear the rain because I was so tired last night. For lunch I had mac and cheese and it made me tired.

20. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    DAMN, I missed Talk like a pirate day AGAIN! ARGGGHGHGHGHGHGHG!

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JJ, next year I'll post a special thread for TLAP day. I was going to but opted against it. Personally, I love that particular holiday. I was looking for an eye patch to wear but no luck.

Oh, and my pirate name is Cutlass Jim Breakman. It was through some website but I don't have the link any more. Aaaarrrrhhhh!

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I was just thinking about, and by thinking about I really mean craving, Sony mac and cheese today...=P~

23. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Rain bites!!! And this tree full of falling leaves are leaving dirty streaks on my car. Rain Rain go away![face_worried]

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    When I drove home last night, and when I walked from my car to my building, there was lightning with NO THUNDER. It was like War of the Worlds out there. I didn't hear a thing 'till leaving this morning, and had to walk to & from class in the rain.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I had all sorts of problems with my Skywalker Merlot. It was supposed to be sent last week but I did not get home in time on Wednesday to receive it. Then I rushed home on Thursday and they came earlier than they were supposed to be. So I called and worked it out to be sent to work instead. Well, they could not figure out where I worked and they ended up sending it back. I called them yesterday and got to talk to a really nice Customer Service guy who is sending it back to me. Yeah!

Oh, and my new car cover and lock arrived yesterday. I'm going to have to wash it now. That and my Highlander. Man. :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.