main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else: V8 - That's a lot of complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, that reminds me of those elementary school canned food drives. People would donate anything in a can, stewed tomatoes, lima beans, olives.. at least give a can of soup or something. Our elementary school also used to collect newspaper and magazines too. Us kids would carry the stacks of paper from the street curb to the large dumpster style bins. Once someone left a stack of Playboys.. that was a very special day.

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    You're such a perv! Heeheehee.

People are stupid. Always will be.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I agree that people are stupid, or just insensitive.

We used to have paper drives at my school. The 8th grade would get to "work" the drives. We'd measure and tie bundles of paper together and take them to this huge truck. For some reason, the guys were always at the back of the truck and the reason was someone always "donated" the aforementioned magazines. It took the entire school year before I learned what the boys were looking at back there.

Okay, I'm stupid as well as lame.

Oh, but I love Tupperware products. I dropped my milk container and it did not open or spill. Yeah!

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I swear, if I ever meet the Dirty Rotten Rack-a-frack man that invented that EXPLITIVE DELETED uber annoying 'chirp' feature on phones, I'll beat him so bad, he'll be the only person in hell with a limp.

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    What are you talking about. I didn't know this existed.

6. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'll cheer for ya, CMB...and why is "vibrate" way louder than the ring was in the first place? The worst is when taking tests and someone's damn phone keeps going off, and they WON'T TURN IT OFF 'cause it's on vibrate! GRRRR.

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    this just in, oh wait, turns out this story isn't about Bubba . . .

8. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Oh, could've fooled me.

9. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Finally, the perfect gift for people who like iPods, but don't like pants.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I hope it doesn't come in the "mini" size.

I know TMI.

11. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey about the food drives.

In High school we had a race to see whos homeroom class could get the most, ie, poundage.

One class cheated because they brought in bags of rice...RICE. Think of the pounds. It was the most famous teacher in the school's class though...Mr. wood. He rocked.

But they still cheated.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    CBM, you cracked me up with that ad. I don't even want to go there.

My padawan is sick, caught a cold at a birthday party, so I'm home. Oh well, it could be worse. I could be at work.

13. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I'm semi-hasketting this thread, just because I don't want to start up a new thread and make a big deal about this, but...

...I have it on very good authority that Celebration IV will be on the West Coast, and the L.A. Convention Center is a leading candidate. TPTB came to L.A. last week and were given a very heavy pitch for holding the convention right here. Biggest stumbling block is the lack of hotel rooms in that area; as a meeting planner myself, that's a big stumbling block.

I understand they're also looking at Anaheim and San Francisco... so, we shall see.

14. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Wow! Thanks for the tidbit. Though I agree about the rooms, there are only so many hotels right there, unlike Indy where they're seemingly endless...and a lot of people in the midwest (well, MN and Chicago at least) would probably not come if they have to fly.

15. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    *jumps up and down*

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
  17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think I would be sad if CIV were in LA because then we would have a lot of "hangers on" rather than real hardcore fans who would be crazy enough to fly half way across the country to go to a con. Of course if it's in town then maybe my padawan can come. It doesn't really matter where it's held, I'll be there any way.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I guess it would save on airfare and hotels for us, but I would enjoy a trip and I agree with DH, if it is in an area of the country far removed, you know everyone there would be a fan.

19. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I think I would like it out of town just for the fun traveling aspect. It's more exciting ( I know, more hassle, more expense). And I don't want any local cheezy fan beggars either.

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Call this number for help with Chrismahanakwanzaka
    1(888)elf-7667

21. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I am sick today and missing my first day of work :(. Darn! I had wanted perfect attendance. I feel just rotten, though. Bah. I have a bad feeling about bowling tonight... will let everyone know later. Stupid germs!

22. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sorry you aren't well JB. I'll miss you today here at work. But it is sort of a good thing because now I can't book this meeting with your boss that I didn't want to do. It gives me an excuss.

Get to feeling better.

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Get well soon JB!

24. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    hi guys.....
    mesa back..well sorta. i know i don't post as much as before but new "work" keeps me away from comp, plus other obligations i have...
    ANYWAY....i didn't wanna Haskett the trivia thread but in response to JR's post:
    I am home and doing better after my surgery. I had to spend the nite at hospital that day cuz i wasn't too good right after the op. It was my first time in a hospital (for me, not for visiting others) and it was weird.
    Nurses kept coming in every 4 hrs to check on me. at least i had a big room to myself. huge bathroom!!!
    What i didn't like was that every kept asking to se my stiches and they were already lifting my gown without me being able to get ready...
    it's not that big a deal. the pain i'm feeling now is very little. it's more of a discomfort from the little cuts and i have a bruise on my belly button......

well, that's my story....beleive it or else!!! (right APL?);)
    Hope you get better JB!!![:D] :D

And CIV would be AWESOME here in L.A. would make it easier for those of us who can't travel...though the traveling aspect is a "cool thing" but, i'm sure fans would come here regardless......

oh btw, no iboxers for me.....[face_love] [face_laugh]

25. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    LOL, ur funny SJ.

I'm glad your surgery went well..sorry about the nurses...sounds slightly akward and creepy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.