main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else: V8 - That's a lot of complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm glad your surgery went OK SoloJedi. It's nice to have you back.
    It would be nice to have CIV here, but the area around the LA Convention Center isn't that great, nothing like Indianapolis or San Diego. They should have it in San Diego.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    It ain't gonna be in San Diego. The Center is booked. Anaheim wouldn't be so bad. Lots of hotels around the CC. And I don't have a problem flying to SF for a meeting -- although the hotel rates are going to be through the roof (down here would be bad enough...). Maybe they can bring in bunk beds :cool:.

SJ, glad to see that everything went well. And, thanks for the info about the operation.

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry you are sick, JB. Get better soon.

Glad you are well, SJ and that the surgery went well, albeit lacking in privacy. Were you at Huntington?

No complaints today except I don't know what to do for lunch.

4. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    under the "anything else category"

Today I'm submitting my first work to my first publisher. Now, it's a school publication, and I won't make money..be famous etc...but I have to start somewhere..and get my name out for future resumes and projects. Hopefully i did it all right.

5. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Good luck APL!!! That's great. And you have to start somewhere...and once it's published then you ARE a published author, money or not. W00t!

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! GO APL! Good luck! Please let us know what the outcome is.

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Good job, APL, and remember to save a copy.

Is anyone willing to watch my car? (Teh usual "sitter" has moved, and I don't trust the roommies after what happened to it that one time...) You just have to give it a teeny bit of love (like maybe move it once a week?), and you don't have to take me to the airport if you don't want to. I just want it to be OK. :/

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Excellent APL! Way to go. The closest I've ever come to being published was writing for the high school yearbook. I was actually the editor. That is a little known SR fact.

You are welcomed to leave it at my place if you want ES. If we can get a spot on the side street we won't even have to worry about moving it. It is pretty far from Santa Monica, and I too won't be here for a week, but it would be in a safe neighborhood.

9. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks! I didn't want to ask you, 'cause I figured you wouldn't want to since you'll be gone for a week too...

I did yearbook in jr. high, but only because we got our yearbooks for $10 instead of $15 and my parents refused to buy one for me otherwise. We weren't credited in the book or anything. I *think* I wrote 1-2 things for the high school paper, but I don't think I saved 'em...and I can't remember for sure. :/ It definitely wasn't anything groundbreaking or anything.

10. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Good Luck, APL!

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I guess there are more of us yearbook nerds around than I thought. I was the photo editor of my high school yearbook. My sisters were the more serious ones and were both editors-in-chief. Because we were on staff, we each got a free engraved book.

Mr. DH was sick. My padawan was sick. Now I think I'm coming down with it. Bummer.

12. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Good luck, indeed! It is exciting to see your name in print. Besides the historical mysteries journal I was co-editor of, I actually have a published credit for Civil War Book Review magazine. Every little credit can lead to bigger and better things, that is for sure.

13. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Thanks you guys! It'll be a while before I know (they get lots of submissions) so only time will tell.

I wrote for my school newspaper, the Union, last semester..which, if you google my name, full name, is the only way you find ANYTHING on me on the internet. They have online editions...I didn't write this semester because I was 1. too busy, 2. there were lots of other people writing (competition)unlike last semsester 3. the Lit. editor told me I need to work on my reviews.

So there ya go.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I have some bad news. My home computer died. The lights come on, but no one is home. It is five years old this Christmas. I really can't afford a new one right now. Maybe I can take it someplace and get it fixed.

JB, do you know of a place in the valley that is good for such things like fixing computers?

I don't think I will be posting much this weekend.

15. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yes, there is a place on Victory in Burbank. I've been meaning to take my old one in all year -- there are photos on that hard drive I need. I can't recall the name, but a Special-Effects guy who depends on his computers for a living recommended it to me once. I'll see if I can't dig up the name...

What is happening with your computer? Error message? Funky sounds?

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    :( You could ask your family for one, maybe? Birthday + Christmas, y'know?

Luckily when my previous (used) laptop died, I was able to convince my dad to get me a new one. Trying to go to school without a computer would suck SO much.

17. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Liz/ Scott, if you get the name, let me know. My laptop acts weirds, since the time Mrs. N spilled wtaer on it. It shorts out sometimes. If they are honest/ relaible, I want the name and number.

Scott, Buy a Dell. They are cheap, and relaible. sorry on the news,.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Can anyone recommend a good handyman? We need to do some stuff related to our water heater.

19. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    This guy will charge 20% on total cost, but all his workers are referneced, and established. Peter Smith 626 441 0923 Tell him I referred you. He is old, but has good people.

For example, my process to lay a aoncrete slab cost 400, so he charged 480. (or maybe 10%)

I can give you five people NOT to call.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well with my computer the green on light is on, but nothing is happening. There are no sounds coming from it or anything. The monitor isn't getting a signal.

In other news, my boss has replaced Mary and Joesph in the Nativity scene with my Yoda and Vader bobble heads.

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Thanks for the number DB!! It turns out my wife scheduled someone to come out already. I guess we have a communication problem.

This whole moving this has got me down.. it's been stressful. I wish we weren't moving. It's all bad timing.

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    RSA Double Post!

I got bored, so for the heck of it, I ran a google search on myself. It turns out there is a guy up north (CA) that has the same name as me, he posts on an automobile forum, he drives a Mazda RX-8, which coincidentally, was a car I once considered buying. The funny part is, in a link to him on that car forum, is his homepage. On his homepage it says "Oh yeah, I DO NOT dress up as a Star Wars character."
    !

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Do you think that means he knows of you?

24. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I don't know him, I'm assuming he's received some emails either asking him about it, or his friends searched his name and my Rebel Legion pictures come up. Who knows. It's rather interesting.

25. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Hahaha, that's great. :)

I just went and bought (um...two) papers while at the pharmacy, 'cause of who's on the cover of the Life magazine-thing inside. I feel only slightly ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.