main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else: V8 - That's a lot of complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok, it's New Year's Eve. I knew it was coming up, but we've been so busy with being sick and dealing with our new house issues, I failed to plan something for tonight!! What's a fun thing to do tonight that won't cost us a lot of money? Last year we went to the Queen Mary, but that was pretty expensive. I was thinking of maybe going to Citywalk, but it might be raining tonight.. any suggestions? Disneyland?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I have no suggestions for you, JR, unless you want to come to my sister-in-law's house and watch my brother-in-law drink way too much and become more belligerent and obnoxious than ever. Seriously though, no suggestions.

I have way too many complaints right now so I think I'll stop now. I've already said too much.

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    DH,

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the night. The Old DB of yester-year, would be there in a heart beat. My kind of evening!!!=D=

My New years Eve will be spent with Hannah, Bubba and my pillow, watching Wedding Crashers, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and 40 Year Old Virgin. Tis a pity, I will be lonely. :( :_|

Happy New Years to everyone! Have a great 2006.

EDIT: JR, I suggest calling JJ's Steak House, or Arroyo Chop house, making a reservation for 3*, and having a simple, peaceful, but cordial dinner. Then, go home and watch the ball drop in the safety of your own bed.

*= you, YG , and anyone else in Sherman Oaks who you may know, twiddling his thumbs. [face_whistling]

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It's sad, but I was invited out (with annoying but friendly people), but Anderson beckons, and the online chat that goes with. I'm quite excited. :)

There ya go, JR, you guys can watch CNN and squeal along online!

5. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Ok, well.. it seems that most everyone is staying home, and with this darn rainstorm we may just stay home too. We'll just play it by ear I guess. We're busy packing right now :_| .

6. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    packing a house sucks. Who would have guessed, boxes, puffy paper and news print would
    cost so much. Waterford and China are the worst. I am sympathetic to your pain.

7. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    hey all...
    this is more of anything else post: Someone sent this to me and thought i'd share....it's a little "corny" but "fresh" none the less....
    enjoy

http://www.storewars.org/flash/

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've seen that and the "Matrix Farm" one.

My house pest left this morning! Yeah!

Oh, and the guy who hit me admitted fault so I will get to my car completely fixed at no added expense to me! Yeah!

9. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    It's really a bummer to have something stolen from you. I've had my whole purse, my car, gloves, books & money stolen from me.(Some of it's been my fault, some not.) I figure I must have been a pick-pocket or cat burglar or something in a previous lifetime.

But, I'm much better now.
    Vari

10. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    It's mid/end September every year. I think you can look it up on the KROQ website.
    Vari

11. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    F.Y.I.:
    Two good places to check out whether or not something is an urban legend: Snopes & Hoaxbusters.
    (Sorry if I'm "teaching grandma to suck eggs" as the saying goes. But, it seems that an awful lot of people don't know about those 2 gems.)
    Vari

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So I was reading our bi-weekly newsletter and found our buddy JR in another picture! He's not mentioned but look for him on the second page.

JR in the newsletter again.

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I just finished complaining about that article. That was MY project.. I did 98% of the work, but the guy who did 2% got all the credit. Go figure.

14. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That sucks JR. I'm sorry to hear that. That's how it goes sometimes though. Just kick him in the shins or sabotage his work.

15. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    The good news is that I put the Dagobah Legos together (it took me and hour and a half just for Yoda's house), the bad news is that the padawans played football and crashed into it. Now it's a just a blob in a Ziploc bag.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Bummer, DM.

17. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    My office smells like toluene and I'm getting a nasty headache. I tried opening the window and now my hands feel frozen. <----- There're some complaints to start off the day!

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    JB, that stuff is pretty bad for you. I think you should report it to someone in facilities management.

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I had an interview today and messed it up (as usual). I get so dang nervous.
    We're set to move to our new house on Saturday, but our newly refinished hardwood floors won't be ready yet on Saturday. We're screwed. Plus my wife's friend from Japan is with us.. it's nice that she's visiting and helping us pack and stuff.. but I would like to be alone with my wife on our last night in Pasadena and have a nice dinner at a nice restaurant.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It is so nice that JR is all grown up now. Maybe one day I can be like him.

DH, JB would have to sort of call herself if she wanted to take care of the problem.

21. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Re: Interviews -- 1)Try rehearsing them first with a friend, spouse or job counselor. 2)Think of as many standard questions as possible (like: where do you see yourself in 5 years?) and script out an answer ahead of time. 3)Don't beat yourself up about it. You probably did great & if you don't get the job, the other person probably was just a better fit. 4)If all else fails -- picture the interviewer in his/her underwear (woo hoo!.) If Annakin had pictured Palpatine in his undies do you really think he would have turned to the dark side?

Good luck next time!
    Varekei

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    also, I am sure you have a friend somewhere who knows a thing or two about interviews and
    getting new jobs. Can't put a finger on it though

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I woke up this morning at 3am with a headache that is so bad I couldn't see. I almost called in sick to work but thought that if I just took it easy I may could get through it. So far everyone is bugging me and I want them all to go away.

24. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    Oh! Headaches! Second worst (first being the dentist)! Do you get them often? Could it be the weather? I woke up with one this morning, but it's gone already.

Feel better,
    Vari

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I like the dentist. Sorry you are not feeling well, SR. Feel better soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.