main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, and Anything Else: V8 - That's a lot of complaints!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sitting here at work with the lights off. No, I don't get headaches often and they usually go away with medication but this one seems to be worse and won't go away.

Good thing is that so far it has been pretty calm here at work.

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR -- I promise to not bug you today. That solvent smell is a lot milder today...and my boss took care of it! Well she made some calls.

It's Friday, and I slept through the night last night for the first time in a couple of weeks! Woo-hooo! Now I'm rested and ready for the weekend...

3. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We're getting ready to move to our "new" building and I don't want to go. There are several pink "NOT MOVING" signs posted on items that are not going to be moved. I want to take one and tape it to myself so I don't have to go either but no such luck. Oh well.

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    DH, Take heart, my dear friend! We moved our company last year. At least you weren't responsible for moving 40 pcs and monitors, 12 printers, and an entire data center filled with servers and networking equipment!

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    The office I was working in 2 years ago moved -- just across the 110 freeway (you could see one building from anything above the 20th floor). It was all done Intra-company and THAT was the move from Hell! They refused to moved typing tablesbecause we were supposedly "over the weight limit."

Aiyee! DH, you have more than my sympathy, I feel your pain.

But, on the upside, maybe when it's all over, you'll actually find you like the new location better.

Vari

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    DH, you should totally wear the sign around. ;) That'd be cute.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks guys. I think I'll wear the sign on the last day.

JR moves before I do so he can complain first. I'm actually going to be on vacation during the move so I'll go back to work in the new office.

I don't think it'll be a better situation because we're getting low partitions so I can't put up my postcards. Also, the lunch room will be too small to hold everyone and there won't be enough refrigerator space or microwaves for everyone so we'll have to wait forever to heat up our food. It's a major bummer. I'm thinking of investing in a small microwave for my own personal use. I don't like to wait.

On the anything else portion, the guy who hit me admitted fault so my car's going to be fixed and paid for by him. YEAH! oh, and I picked up my vanity plate.

Last bit of stuff, I saw my favorite Lego guy and CB yesterday at DD. I bought a bunch of roof tiles and skinny pieces to make houses for my Lego town. I have two shuttle launch sites, two police stations, a fire station, Main Street, a pizzeria, a gas station, and a bunch of other things but no homes or other businesses. I also have a bunch of construction guys. I guess it's a town big on public works. I'm going to have to add some other businesses over time. I'm hoping for an airport and hospital soon. It's really a sickness...

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Do they have any Legos engineers? You need those... [face_laugh]

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah, I think I'm going to have to put in an engineering office in there somewhere. I hope to get it set up sometime so I can take pictures of my "town".

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DH, I didn't know you liked Legos that much. Where do you keep them? I've never seen that part of your collection.

The weekend was quiet. I didn't really leave my couch. I saw a few movies and that I rented and that's about it. I'm looking forward to the next weekend three days off!

11. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry, I've been away because I no longer have internet access at home, since we've moved. The Cable guy is coming on Wednesday to install everything, so I'll be back in business. Thank God we have internet access at WORK so I can do stuff like this.

Anyway, like I said, we've moved from Pasadena to Whittier. We hired movers who tried to rip us off, but my wife got mad and they settled for less $$. I still need to get comfortable with the new house, I haven't been able to fall asleep since we moved in on Saturday.

At the end of this month, our office is moving (as DH stated). Lots of changes in my life right now. Oh yeah, my sister gave birth to her 2nd kid over the weekend. Too much stuff happening. I caught a cold.

12. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    DH,

You're going to be on vacation whileother peoplemove your stuff? Uh-oh! Now I truly fear for you.

Vari

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JR, I don't think you are busy enough. I would like to see YG angry.

I thought of you this weekend. I was playing Battlefront II and I'm on the Tantive IV level and I'm shooting all these Rebels who look like you in your costume. I'm sorry I have to kill you.

14. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    You don't want to see YG angry. But she's usually cool and level headed, unlike myself.
    Were you wearing your Stormtrooper costume while playing BGII SR? Dang, I wish I had time to play videogames.
    I hope I can find time to go to the Auto Show this year!

15. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Congrats on the new house, JR. That is really exciting. :D

16. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I haven't seen YG angry, but I've seen her shocked...
    AT the party...
    It was awesome. She was so shocked when you said you'd take the dirty board game.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've never seen YG angry either and I think I would be afraid if she got angry when I was around. JR is really bad when he gets mad.

Yes, I'm on VC while they move us out which should be okay. My office mates will watch my back and everything will be boxed before I leave.

Congrats to your sis, JR! I have a couple of suggestions for names if they need any.

18. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm glad YG didn't get ripped off. Nobody better mess with her! Speaking of Battlefront 2, when people blow up or whatever is it bloody? I know it's rated T but is it gory? I think the pads would enjoy the game but I have resevervations about graphic deaths.

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    There is no blood or anything gross in Battlefront. Most of the time and especially at the beginning of the game you are shooting droids anyway. There is no blood when shooting people, but you do have to shoot alot of people. You just shoot them and they fall down. Or you use a grenade and they fly through the air. I think it is pretty tame.

20. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks for the info. Is 2 a lot better than the first? By the time I get around to getting Playstation or whatever, it'll probably be Battlefront 23. We have a very jolly Gamecube.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I like BF2 but I get disoriented. I used to be okay with those types of games but not any more. There is no blood, just bodies strewn everywhere.

Oh and with regards to my legos, I usually take them apart. They are stored in boxes or tubs upstairs. Too much stuff upstairs. Yeah, I love Legos.

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I feel so sick, I think I'm going to go home.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JR, I hope you are taking care of yourself. You sound like you are ill alot lately.

DM, BF2 is much better.

DH, you probably have way more stuff than I do now.

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Aw, feel better, JR!

I'm trying not to get sick. Dad's better, mom's got pneumonia, sister has mono. I'm stuck in a virusy cesspool here.

Have you guys ever seen Canadians debate? They're showing a Canadian (Prime Ministerial???) debate on C-SPAN2 right now and it's cute/hilarious. There's a Quebecois guy (Gilles Duceppe) who talks amusingly and has a pretty tie, a familiarly swarmy Conservative, a dude with a creepy mustache (from the New Democratic Party) and the current Prime Minister, who's all craggy/old.

25. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    If anyone wants to, because you're awesome, smart, or bored at work, Anderson Cooper will be on Paul Harris's radio show http://www.harrisonline.com/2006/01/guest-today-cnns-anderson-cooper.htm (there's a link there to listen live) at some point in the next couple hours. I don't know anything about the show, other than that it seems to be from a station in St. Louis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.