main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: Ep. IX: To Infinity, and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Time to start up a new one....

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Aw man! I wish I were number 500! Oh well.

I love Legos. My padawan and I were talking about working on the city this week. I hear it may rain.

Oh, and I took my car in to be fixed. I was told it may take 7-8 working days! The damage is so minor too. I guess it's the paint that takes a while because it's three layers or something like that. Any way, the other guy's insurance agency is reimbursing me for the rental. I have a Dodge Magmum. It's one of the funkiest cars I've ever seen. It's so different from my car. I'm sad.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm about to have to get some body work done on my car too. I'm tired of the dent on the side. It also will require small paint work too. I hope it will not take a week to do. I will be in trouble.

Oh wait I just remembered. I have ES's car at my place. Nevermind. Now would be a great time for it to be in the shop.

ES speaking of your car. I moved it a couple of times but it is wanting to be driven. It was shaking a bit the last time I moved it. Is that normal?

4. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    It's taking so long because insurance is pating for it. THey can do whatever they want and they know they will be paid back in full at the other dude's expense. You got a rental car right?

5. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Um, totally not normal. I think. Like, shaking *hard*? Occasionally it does this thing when you're stopped or going very very slowly, and if you start driving it's fine and shuts up. I really think it wants to GO, y'know, what with the reeally sensitive gas pedal and such.
    Is something wrong with my poor car?!? :(

6. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    You have her can and you're just now telling us? We have to go to Vegas, and Mexico, and take pictures. Then we can fill the trunk with embarrassing stuffs!

7. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    and to quote JiltedToo: Midget hookers in the backseat!!! We can drive it through Panaroma City and yell obscene things.

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Is it me or are you getting weirder?
    Anyway.. I ended up staying at work the whole day 'cause I have so much to do. I wanted to go home at 9am. I still feel sick. I don't know why I'm getting sick so much right now. It's probably lack of sleep and stress from moving.

Who wants to come visit me in Whittier? There's...really nothing to see or do in Whittier, we can go north to Industry and visit some rollerskating rinks.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Nope sorry, no interest in Whittier. Just kidding when you are ready for company I'm sure we will all be over.

ES, you explained what happened exactly. While I was stopped and going slow the car would shake, however when I was driving down the street it wasn't shaking.

10. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    to quote the Fly:

"I am not getting weirder, I AM GETTING BETTER"
    [image=http://lafanforce.com/Gallery/albums/album08/bubba.sized.jpg]

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Nope, I'm going to have to agree with JR. D-B, you are getting weirder. However it is all good.

12. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    a car needs to be driven when it's been sitting or sits for awhile. SR just take it out for a spin around the block a few times...maybe once or twice a week for 10-20 mins or so. Usually, if everything is "ok", it's just that it's cold and needs to get used...driven!

13. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's what I thought.

14. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    The title to the thread says To Infinity and Beyond! I love it!

15. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Yay new thread. :)

I don't really have any complaints today. I am happy that we're having excellent weather and NO SMOG!

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    CBM, yes, I got a rental. The guy's insurance is paying for it. It's the oddest thing to drive a regular car now. I forget that I have to keep the key turned until the engine starts. There were a couple of times when I thought the battery was dead but it turned out I hadn't turned on the engine. Crazy. The other funny thing is they asked me if I was going to leave the state with the car. I thought maybe I now had a leash but it just turns out that they want to know if the car is leaving the state. Weird.

JR, I'll come visit. I have some stuff that belongs to you any way. Let me know when you want them back. They are fine where they are right now so there's no rush.

17. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    I had to take my Sentra in for a catalytic converter recall. Nothing major, and probably not as exciting as DH's story, but while on the subject of cars, which I happen to know much about, not to brag, your car is an extension of yourself, and how some people might see how you are.

If you take good care and routinely maintain your ride, people will notice and your car will take you to the ends of the earth, or this great state of California. You'd be surprised on how the littlest things can make all the difference in your car.

If anyone needs advice on car care, feel free to contact me. I specialize in Japanese cars, but car care is universal.

HHHHmmmmm......do you think the subject will change after this?????? we'll wait and see....

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    SolJedi, are JR share the same belief/ideals on cars.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    And congratulations must go to George Lucas and ROTS for his win at the People's Choice awards last night. I must have ESP -- I turned on the TV just as Harrison Ford was announced as a presenter. He actually seemed sober LOL. And George had a nice little speech. Kudos to all.

20. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Helen -- how cool! I hardly ever watch those shows, so I'd need super-ESP to even find the channel LOL.

On the car topic, does anyone know of a reputable car paint shop in the Valley? I got a deal on my used Trooper due to some scratches on the doors, and oxidation on the hood and front side area (Beach dweller). I'd really like to get it touched-up and looking spiffy, but don't want a cruddy job done on my new baby!

I just got the windows tinted and so I'm halfway to completing its "makeover!"

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I saw the People's Choice Awards too. I thought the win was great, but really the nominations in every catagory seemed liked they were picked by... well... the people. I would hardly consider Hitch a best movie of the year contender.

On the other topic, I too could use some car care info. I need to get a dent removed, some touch up paint done and someone to fix my glove compartment. I thinking about getting a new car to match my current status in life (no more college student) and I would like to tidy up the old car before doing in trade in.

Oh and ES, your radio on your car works fine at least.

I'm just kidding you. Last night I drove it to the gym at the Sherman Oaks Galleria and it worked just fine. No shaking or anything. But it does like to go fast.

22. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    That was supposed to be a secret!

GOSH!

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    My complaint for today. Why does nice furniture cost so much? I need bedroom stuff and my usual free furniture place (Sony Furniture Warehouse) doesn't do bedrooms so I have to go out and actually buy stuff. One really nice dresser would cost me close to $1500! I'm not buying Ikea or anything like that. I'm a snob when it comes to furniture because I want it to last. Furniture that you have to assemble yourself also isn't on the list.

I am hoping to get another free bookcase from Sony soon. I should have gotten the entire matching set when I got the first one but I didn't want to be greedy. Now I do. I just hope that no one else has taken it or worse that they gave it away.

24. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I bought stuff at Wicks, and it was not expensive. You do not have to put it together yourself.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I heard on the radio that they were having a sale so I went to their website. I saw a few things but not like the stuff at Restoration Hardware. Now that is what I really want. The nightstand was $1200. But it looked really nice.

Oh and I need a rug too. My boss, who is an interior designer and a real snob for furniture is giving me a rug she bought a 6x9 for free if I help hook up her new home computer. The only problem is that it has a bit of blue in it and I have no blue in my apartment even though blue is my favorite color. I guess I could buy a few blueish pillows for accent and it would all work out. A slip cover for my couch would be nice too. The flower pattern just doesn't work for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.