main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: Ep. IX: To Infinity, and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    We want GIFs! We want GIFs!

(or JPGs...whatever...)

Seriously...linky linky?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    It hailed at our house on Friday night. I went on a walk Saturday morning and there was snow on some people's roofs. The snow was super low in the mountains too. Pretty cool when you think about it. I like the rain because it means my water bill for the month is lower and we can have fires in the fire place.

I'm home today with my padawan and some of my padawan's friends. It's a Teacher In-Service Training day. So I'm doing laundry and stuff while they play.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Oh what I wouldn't give for rain... :p

There was a snowstorm here last night, and my sisters have been home from school all day because they had a snow day. So much to having the house to myself during the day to write my history paper!

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    NP, what are you doing at home today? Shouldn't you be here?

5. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am on spring break so I flew home. It's cheaper than Mexico. :p

6. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    Have a fun spring break NP!

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! It's awfully early for Spring Break! Have a great time off. My padawan has Spring Break in a couple of weeks so I'll be taking time off then.

8. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    It's spring break for Woodbury University too. I'm not 100% at liberty...got some assignments to do over the break. But it's not hideously bad.

Yes, I'm a 42-year-old who's back in College. Trying to get my BA in Psychology. I want a new career as a school counselor. I think I'm the perfect candidate because I've never really grown up. ^_^

9. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Damn, 42!

Thats OLD!

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think it's commendable to take on a career that may have a serious and positive impact on the youth of today. =D=

11. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Ahhh, spring break. Those were the days. Spring is our busiest season at work. We don't slow down until late May after all the High School play offs.

12. Adrian_Skywalker

Adrian_Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Aug 11, 2004
    My spring break is still in April (Go figure) its SMC. And tomorrow I like Accounting class 50/50. We got a test! oh yah woo hoo!

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    It was cold last night because part of our roof is missing. Bummer. There goes my gas bill...

14. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Your roof is missing? We have no insulation, so our house is always cold.. especially these days. We run the central heater and have space heaters in all the rooms that we hang out in. Our gas and electric bills are outrageous.

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Oh the joys of home ownership. Give me five years and I hope to be there with you guys.

16. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Our house in Whittier is starting to feel like home now. We finally got our kitchen countertops yesterday, and the plumbing is being done as I write this. We'll have a fully functional kitchen by this evening! Yay! We still have some stuff to do before it's all finished though. I'm trying to get the house presentable so I can invite you guys to my house after the bowling event. I live about 5 miles from the alley. It's not that close, but not that far, plus it's rare we have events out on that side of town. I hope you all can come over! I'm iffy about posting this in the Bowling thread because I'm paranoid about having people I don't know over my house. Home ownership is great, but it's a money pit. But it's not as bad as throwing money into pimpin' out cars.

Does anyone know where I can go to buy knock-off designer furniture?

17. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    we had great success at Sears Outlett in Ontario. They are mainly appliances, but may have some furniture. For example, my stove had a scratch on side. Brand new, still with warranty, instead of 700, it was like 400. Dishwasher same thing... scratch discounted in a few hundred bucks. Look into the outlet.

Near Glendale, there is a street called San Fernando. They have like 3-4 huse couches outlets there. I bought my first ones there, last 8 years. (with two crazy dogs) They deliver. DO not go to Levitz, but the palced next to it. Furniture town is one.

Nice stuff, in the day, (the actualy day Princess Diana died) we got a full couch and love seat for $1100-1200.00. Delivery was not bad.

Crowbars dad does couches too. talk to CBM or her on Friday.

18. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    How much did that cost? I am thinking of doing mine as well.

19. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I highly doubt he will tell you here, kind of personal.

(kind of like when you came home with crabs after that long weekend south of the border..., and I promised not to tell anybody.. oops)

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    It cost lots of monay.

21. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    He did tell me.

The crabs were only for you, since I do not eat meat or seafood.

22. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    HA HA HA, LOVE IT! Outstanding.

I think it could have been from the he/she dancer we met on Revolucion!!!

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    This is the ultimate guide to good food eating for bachelors

1. BREAD: Sesame seeds and Poppy seeds are the only officially acceptable "spots" that should be seen on the surface of any loaf of bread. Fuzzy and hairy looking white or green growth areas are good indications that your bread has turned into a pharmaceutical laboratory experiment.
    2. CANNED GOODS: Any canned goods that have become the size or shape of a softball should be disposed of. Carefully.
    3. CARROTS: A carrot that you can tie a clove hitch in is not fresh.
    4. CEREAL: It is generally a good rule of thumb that cereal should be discarded when it is two years or longer beyond the expiration date.
    5. CHIP DIP: If you can take it out of its container and bounce it on the floor, it has gone bad.
    6. DAIRY PRODUCTS: Milk is spoiled when it starts to look like yogurt. Yogurt is spoiled when it starts to look like cottage cheese. Cottage cheese is spoiled when it starts to look like regular cheese. Regular cheese is nothing but spoiled milk anyway and can't get any more spoiled than it is already. Cheddar cheese is spoiled when you think it is bleu cheese but you realize you've never purchased that kind.
    7. EGGS: When something starts pecking its way out of the shell, the egg is probably past its prime.
    8. EMPTY CONTAINERS: Putting empty containers back into the refrigerator is an old trick, but it only works if you live with someone or have a maid.
    9. EXPIRATION DATES: This is NOT a marketing ploy to encourage you to throw away perfectly good food so that you'll spend more on groceries. Perhaps you'd benefit by having a calendar in your kitchen.
    10. FLOUR: Flour is spoiled when it wiggles.
    11. FROZEN FOODS: Frozen foods that have become an integral part of the defrosting problem in your freezer compartment will probably be spoiled (or wrecked anyway) by the time you pry them out with a kitchen knife. 12. GAG TEST: Anything that makes you gag is spoiled (except for leftovers from what you cooked for yourself last night).
    13. LETTUCE: Iceberg lettuce is spoiled when you can't get it off the bottom of the vegetable crisper without sandpaper. Romaine lettuce is spoiled when it turns liquid.
    14. MAYONNAISE: If it makes you violently ill after you eat it, the mayonnaise is spoiled.
    15. MEAT: If opening the refrigerator door causes all stray animals within a three-block radius to congregate outside your house, the meat is spoiled.
    16. POTATOES: Fresh potatoes do not have roots, branches, or dense, leafy undergrowth.
    17. RAISINS: Raisins should not be harder than your teeth.
    18. SALT: It never spoils.
    19. UNMARKED ITEMS: You know it is well beyond prime when you're tempted to discard the Tupperware along with the food. Generally speaking, Tupperware containers should not burp when you open them.
    20. GENERAL RULE OF THUMB: Most food cannot be kept longer than the average life span of a hamster. Keep a hamster in or near your refrigerator to gauge this.

24. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Ah ha! You do need this, then! For Jedi bachelors only, of course:

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Obi-Ham.jpg]

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    A couple of days ago, I had a dream and SR was in it. He made me a meal, it seemed light outside so I think it must have been lunch. Later we were standing at the sink washing dishes and talking. He mentioned his father had left when he was young. Then my conscious mind kicked in and told me that it was SR's mom who had died and his father was still around and that caused me to wake up. I remember the meal was delicious though. Thanks for the dream meal, SR.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.