main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: Ep. IX: To Infinity, and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    NP, that's very cool. Did you ask how long they had to stand in the line to get that shirt?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    NP, that is really cool. My niece's boyfriend likes Star Wars but his older brother is a bigger fan. They live in Aliso Viejo so I recommended that he join the OCFF.

Star Wars Shop Syndrome. AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

3. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm still sad they sent me the wrong shirt. But cool that a girl from SW in 30 works at your school store. Well, not cool for her.

Yea, SR! How many years has it been? (so I can try to beat you still...for me it's been 3 1/2 years)

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    My car is ready to be picked up today! Yeah! I can't wait.

5. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    How many years for what ES?

And when do you come back to town?

6. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Years you've been in LA without family visiting. Pay attention to what you wrote! :p
    Feb. 12th. Pay attention to what *I* wrote (and said)! :D

7. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    I feel sorry for those who are sick, flu season is a major bummer. DH, I am so happy for your car. SR, be very afraid of those knife nightmares. I have heard of monsters wearing white stormtrooper helmets. I am sure if you behave properly, these nightmares won't become a reality...

8. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I got another date! We're seeing movies at my house. He's bringing Back to the Future, and I'm supplying Garden State. (Love that movie)

Plus I saw him play roller hockey today, and it rocked. Dating rocks. Life rocks.

But sadly, school is back on Wed. And so will the Stay in School thread..:(

9. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yeah APL! Good to hear you are enjoying yourself and all is well.

Thanks DM. It's so nice to have my car back.

YEAH for the the STEELERS! Kill those Seahawks!

This morning, I woke up to a completely dark house. We had a black out, I don't know to what extent the black out extends to but it was for several blocks. Fortunately my alarm clock worked. Unfortunately it went off 20 minutes before it was supposed to so I woke up super early. I did not want to hit the snooze button just in case. Because of the Scouts, we have a million flashlights everywhere so I was able to shower (yeah for gas water heaters) and dress with some light. The furnace was off (gas but electric switch, boo!) though so it was cold. The streets were strewn with branches. Now I'm tired.

10. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We lost power last night right before bedtime (I was on the computer!) so we made sure to set the battery-operated alarm clocks. Luckily the power was back on this morning so we could have [face_coffee] !

Yay, APL! I love Garden State -- the soundtrack is great too, do you have it?

My boss is out today, so I'm going to catch up on some things -- hope we don't lose power here at the studio, but it is sooooo windy! Brrrr!

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I didn't lose power but heard that many people did.

The power won't go off at work we have too many generators JB. (Watch now that I said that they will)

APL you will have to give me advice on how to find someone. Garden State Sound track is the best.

Did everyone notice that a certain someone ends each of her posts now with Go Steelers? I will remember your fandom for the team DH if I ever see anything Steeler related.

12. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    The small tree I have in the front yard broke. I didn't realize it was so windy. The tree needed to be trimmed anyway, the top was getting too big. Our big avocado tree in the backyard needs to be trimmed also. Is anyone here a tree trimmer?

Good luck APL!! Wow.. watching movies at HOME.. hmm... getting serious.

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    No, but I've been called a tree-hugger! Okay, I don't know if the weather, or being unsupervised (not that I am much usually), but I am feeling really silly today...Look out!

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have quite a bit of Steeler stuff at home. I have a wall clock, a Christmas stocking, a pad of paper, a button, a car license frame, a game program from the 1980 SuperBowl (played in Pasadena), and of course, a terrible towel. At work, I have a Steeler glass mug that I bought at the Pittsburgh airport about 15 years ago. I actually asked for a terrible towel and the guy at the shop had no idea what I was talking about. I bought a new towel as well as a couple of SuperBowl Terrible Towels, a game program, and a shirt. I'll probably buy a SuperBowl t-shirt that features both teams but will not wear it until after the Steelers win.

Regarding my one visit to Pittsburgh, it was on route to attend the wedding of Mr. DH's cousin in State College, PA (home of Penn State). We had to fly into either Pittsburgh or Philly and of course since I scheduled the flight we flew into Pitt. I was hoping to catch a game there (it was Thanksgiving weekend and Pittsburgh always played on Thanksgiving) but they were in Dallas that day. :_| When the Raiders used to play at the Coliseum, the Steelers used to come out every other year in December. My dad, who used to take me to the games, and I would plan to go but something always came up. Then the Raiders left and there went my chances of seeing the Steelers play. I guess it was a good thing because the year we came the closest to going to a game, a Steelers fan got beaten up by the rowdy Raiders fans.

GO STEELERS! YEAH!

15. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Guys, tell me about the wind. We lost power last nite around midnight and just got it back on. A lot of stuff is closed around here, In-n-Out, Trader Joe's, stoplights hanging by a wire, usual stuff. I went to Do It Center to get more batteries and flashlights and they were open, but the lights weren't on. A bunch of guys were going in but it was against my better judgment to go in there. We get totally blown out every year, broken trees, garbage containers traveling half a mile, fence pieces flying. It's just like the Wizard of Oz.

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Mr. DH lit candles and brought in our camping lantern to shed some light. I asked him to open some windows for ventilation. I hope our lights came back also. I called Edison this morning and they said tomorrow at 4 pm. If that's the case then we're having dinner and and will be throwing a lot of food away.

I heard it's going to be windy for the next couple of days and possibly rain on Friday.

JR took a look at my car for me. I was uncertain about some of the work and he said they did a good job so that's good enough for me, plus there's a warranty on the work so I can always take it back if I'm dissatisfied.

Go Steelers!

17. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    http://www.jtnickoftime.com/episode3.html

this is funny!!! [face_laugh]

18. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Watch it JR. We met at church, remember? I, like very few others of my time, am waiting for marriage.

enough with the TMI, SR, sorry I have no clue how to meet guys. I was lucky on this one. His mom kinda hooked us up..in a way..she's desperate to have me for a daughter-in-law, and I wasn't having it, until I actually talked to him. Apparently she asks my aunt if we're engaged yet, whenever she sees her. I've had one real date here people!

Yes, I do have the GS soundtrack, it kics butt.

hope everyone has a blistery blustery day!

19. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have like 100+ items to complain about, but I won't bore you with the details.
    Sad, lonely, and not feeling hot.

And worst of all, JiltedToo is mad at me. :_|

20. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    DH, you have Edison? In Pasadena? I have Pasadena Water and Power but I hadn't lost my power as of this morning. No idea about today as I'm still at work. I heard this horrific noise during the night, like a baseball bat hitting metal, so I rushed out to check on my satelllite dish. Phew, still there!

APL, sign me up for your Meet Men Club. Nobody is desperate to have me for their daughter-in-law![face_laugh]

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Call JB and BeSo if you want to do something... we are just up the road. Don't be sad and lonely. :(

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry you aren't feeling well, D-B. I'm sure JT isn't mad at you.

JN, I am one of those country bumpkins in the unincorporated part of Pasadena so we have Edison. The power was still out when I left the house this morning. Hopefully it'll be on tonight. My padawan had to do homework by lantern light. We're heating our home with our fireplace and we've got candles everywhere. There's nothing quite like no electricity to make you appreciate it. One good thing is our fridge is keeping our food relatively cold. We still had mostly unaffected ice cubes last night.

APL, church is an excellent place to meet people. It's funny that you did not know the guy before, your church must be huge.

Go Steelers!

23. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    DB, let's go out one of these days.. my wife says it's OK. Dinner and maybe a movie, just like old times.

24. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm going to come over and trim some of those avocados from your tree if you don't mind.

25. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    I'm not mad. [:D]

I don't get mad.

Love for Bubba.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.