main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: Ep. IX: To Infinity, and Beyond!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Let me know when you're in town, and I'll harvest some of those avocados for you. I don't know if they're good or not. I think they are black avocados, as opposed to the green avocados you see at the market.

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    The true has fruit on it right now?

Wow! Cool, I would love some. :)

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Thank you very much JB, BeSo, DH, JR and JT. Yesterday was a tough day for me. Exactly one week the Mrs. D-B has been up North. But, I feel a lot better today. I have a trip planned on March 1, and April 1.

Thanks again, I will defiitely take you guys up on the offers.

4. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    WEll it is a big church. I knew him before, but he was one grade below me and didn't really come to the high school stuff (like sunday school). He doesn't come to our College group, he kinda goes on his own to things or stays with his family. So i knew of him, but didn't know him too much. It's a long story on how his mom decided I was the perfect daughter-in-law.

Movies in T-minus 4 hours!

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Have fun, APL. A younger man, eh? That's cool.

Go Steelers!

[image=http://rap.midco.net/phandnot/steelers_logo.jpg]

6. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Well as some of you know, my home computer died right before Christmas and I have been waiting to buy a new one. Well the time came yesterday and I put my order in at Dell. So as you read this my new Dell Dimension E510 Pentium 4 Processor 630 (wish it was higher) is being built.

1GB Memory
    160 GB Hard Drive
    CD/DVD Burner
    TV Tuner with Remote Control
    21 inch widescreen flat panel monitor

I'm going to Best Buy today to research printer/fax/scanner machines.

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Sounds like a nice computer, but you're not buying a Sony VAIO?
    I bought a VAIO desktop right before AOTC came out, and it still works really well. My wife has a VAIO laptop. They cost a little bit more sometimes, but I think they are worth it.
    Dells are great too. I have a Dell at work, and it's been pretty flawless too. I've had this computer for probably 4 years now.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Mr. DH will only buy HP computers (Sony monitors). I also have a Dell at work. I am equally surprised that you are not getting a Sony.

I called Edison this morning. They don't know what the problem is or when they will have it repaired. It looks like another dark night at the DH house. Mr. DH may buy a generator.

Go Steelers!

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I can't believe they have taken this long and you still don't have power! What are you people doing?

Heck, Sony doesn't even buy Sony Vaios. We all have Dells too. My first computer was a Dell and I liked it. One of the reason's I'm going dell is because of all the discounts I'm getting and travel miles from Continental Airlines. They are a partner with Dell.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think they're just standing around enjoying our discomfort. Seriously though, there was a crew out last night. Hopefully they'll have it fixed soon.

Dell makes a good product. Have fun with your computer, SR.

Go Steelers!

11. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Poor DH. At least you don't have that problem where it's actually winter, ya know? Then I guess you'd be at a hotel. (I'm picturing what would happen if the power/heat went out *here*.....ugh. Well, throw all the fridge/freezer stuff outside, it would keep juuuust fine.)

SR, I'm drooling over your 160gig hard drive and DVDr. My 60gig is full again, alas. You can fit so many more Daily Shows and 360 clips...AND, you can watch TV on it, right? Then you could record anything you want onto your comp. Sweet deal.

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That sounds like an awesome computer. [face_love]

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    160 GB hard drive sounds like a lot, but I had to install an additional 120 GB hard drive into my computer (which came with 60 GB) and it's already half full. It's all those hi-res pictures and music and "backup" dvds. I have a really early model DVD-R. It's only 2x, so it takes an hour or more to "backup" a dvd. My friend has a 16x DVD+/-R, and it only takes him 10 minutes, sometimes less.

They turned the air conditioning off in my office at around lunchtime. It's 83 degrees in here. It's hot!!

EDIT - New Complaint! Has anyone quit Ballys Total Fitness before? I hear it's really hard. I was on hold for over 30 minutes on the phone, and I finally hung up because I don't have time like that to waste.

14. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I have an external modem on my computer. It just died this week. Now my computer is pretty much a glorified 1980's arcade machine.

The "friend" who sold me the computer put a whole lot of stuff like pac-man, burger time etc. on my machine, but mucked up on most of the other things I requested.

When I can afford it, maybe I'll by a real computer from someone who really does know what they're doing.

Varekei

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry you are hot JR. I'm cold. But not Minnesota cold I'm sure.
    I'm staying for tonight's free movie. Underworld Evolution. I hope it is good.
    I have another computer question. My old hard drive is still good they say. I have a few things on it I would like to get back if I could. Would one of those Hard Drive Encasements work for me? They make your internal drive exterenal. According to the packaging of the box it says that your hard drive would have to be reconfigured and initialized. Wouldn't that erase everything I had on it?

What do you guys think?

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    When my co-worker had his internal hard drive made into an external drive they did not wipe anything out. I don't know how it worked but somehow it worked. I'll ask him how it was done.

The good news, my power is back! Yeah! The bad news, we threw out everything but juice bottles (unopened) and sodas. The milk and other things smelled okay but we did not want to take a chance. I took the opportunity to wash all of the shelves and bins. The inside is beautiful now.

I think the new owners of our current building want us out because it's just terribly hot here. They are telling us to open doors and windows (the windows are sealed shut) and use fans. It must be at least 78 degrees here right now and it's only the early morning. It's only going to get worse.

It took me a year to quit Bally's. I used to swim there a couple of times a week. When I moved to Pasadena, the Bally's in the area did not have a pool so I stopped going. I need a pool.

Go Steelers!

17. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    You shouldnt have to erase the old drive to put it in an external drive case.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks,
    Most people agree. I will at least give it a try.

I'm glad your power is back DH.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks SR. Power=good.

Go Steelers!

20. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Anything else category:

The internet is a weird, weird place: another board I frequent (non-Star Wars) is a fun place. Many old and new friends, mostly into the arts, and fairly erudite discussions of politics, philosophy, culture...that sort of thing.

Well, a new guy came around a few months ago and quickly fit right in. Began with funny posts, poetry, general wit. We all felt we knew him and certainly he was a "friend." Late today, we received word that his wife died last night after a long illness. She was my age. He hadn't posted in a couple of days...but, I had no idea. I feel so sad. And realize that I guess I didn't know him, at least not the important part, and not yet.

I resolve to make my friendships a little deeper from now on. :(

Hugs to you all.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Awww, (hugs back).

I completely know what you mean. I have no idea what to say to people sometimes, when they suddenly reveal some horrible event of something. And it's not like in "real life", where you could just go *be there*, y'know?

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Wow! Sorry about your forum friend, JB. It is sad.

Yesterday they opened all of the windows that could open and it was very nice in the office.

Go Steelers.

23. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    The blue line smells like pee to often. [face_sick]

24. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
  25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry about your friend JB. We could bond at lunch, but I can't today. I have to go to the sporting goods store.

I've never smelled the blue line.

Sony stock went up a lot. I made $100 doing nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.