main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else Part 15 - My Gosh that's a lot!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Following my leader's suggestion, here is the new thread.

Stupid other team beat our Varsity team tonight. We drove out to the middle of nowhere, West Hills. My gosh it's far away!

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Norton Antivirus. I've now spent 3 or 4 hours installing it, and I still have a second computer to do this to. I miss things like uninstall programs, or simple setup files.

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    It's 6:30 Saturday morning and I'm awake. [face_plain]

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm taking a page from ES's book I didn't go to sleep until 4:30 am, and here I am back up at 9:30. I'm going to take a nap sometime today I just know it.

Don't be knocking Norton LB, well you can if you like, but they've been my second employer now for a while. I have to be nice to them.

5. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I slept like the dead last night. Got home about 2, fell asleep at 230, slept all night without interruption until 9, then slept a little more till 10. Just took a morning walk and now I'm craving coffee even though it's lunch time already.

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    The life of a player is a hard one.

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Can anyone recommend a good anti-virus program? I need to install a new one and don't know which I want.

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I have never gone wrong with McAfee, even if they haven't been bought by Symantec or Microsoft yet.

9. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Yeah and i am a playa.

I've used Norton Anti-virus and it works just fine.

10. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    We use McAfee at work and I use Norton at home. Both seem to work fine. I don't have any issues with either.

11. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    "I'm taking a page from ES's book I didn't go to sleep until 4:30 am, and here I am back up at 9:30. I'm going to take a nap sometime today I just know it."

Damn, and I went to bed at 2 last night! (that's early) I didn't get up till 2:45 (pm) though. I got around 11 hrs of sleep, I think. And it wasn't too much. :/

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I got a $5 Best Buy gift certificate in the mail today from Tivo. It was a thank you for being a loyal Tivo customer. That's nice of them but there is no way I could just spend five dollars at Best Buy so they probably have some deal with them and though they seem like they are doing a nice thing they really want me in there to spend way more than $5. Trixy they are.

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I've got a $5 certificate from Borders for buying so many books. I also got a $20 certificate from Nordys for spending too much money. That one I've already used. [face_whistling]

Thanks. I guess I'm going to go to Best Buy tomorrow to buy a new one. I was using one that comes with my internet but apparently it won't update any more so I have to get a new one. It gets kind of expensive because we have four home computers.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    You may use Norton on up to 3 computers that you own. So they say.

15. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    ...I live in West Hills. >_<

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Don't forget Daylight Savings ends today. "Fall back" everyone!

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for the reminder DH. As I only got five hours sleep last night I'll need the extra hour tonight.

I was in West Hills for the first time last Sunday for the charity bowling event. I'm going to agree with DH, sorry MZ you live way the heck away. Probably not as far as LB but still pretty far. It was a nice area though, you are close the CO of SoCal Garrison he and his wife live out there.

18. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    What? Didn't you go to Jay's house ever (RotS viewing? And maybe Indiana Jones a year or two before that...?)? Doesn't he live way up there?

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I did go to JJ's buy I have no memory of where I drove?

I woke up too early this morning. Now I don't know what to do.

20. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    SR,
    I live maybe 15 min away from you. Or, at least I live 15 min away from where DB used to live. I would hardly call that the boonies. DH lives way out in Pasadena. If anyone is far away, surely it must be her. But, don't fret, she can afford the gas very easily as she seems to be able to shop at Nordstrom frequently enough to earn a $20 gift certificate. Also, I predict she will come out here in the boonies quite often next fall, as the Neiman Marcus will be open by then.

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I got to sleep alot so far but I feel exhausted. The last hour of my shift I felt nauseous and dizzy. I went home and proceeded to [face_sick]. I'm hoping it's not the flu that's going around work right now.

22. Jundland_Jay

Feb 18, 2003
    APL,
    I hope you feel much better soon! [:D]

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know, we used to have a Saks in Old Town and I used to go there periodically but I wasn't really impressed. Neiman Marcus is okay. It's not one of my favorites. I like Talbots, classic clothes, not super trendy, and fairly modest looking.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah but Pasadena is a big town that has this parade thing every New Year's day that is televised all over the world so I don't think of Pasadena as being all that remote.

Actually I was back out your way again today. It's probably more north than your way but still west of me, Porter Ranch. I was checking out the supersized JoAnn's. It wasn't all that. They still didn't have my vinyl I was looking for, nor did they have a two inch parachute clip, which is something else I need.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks SR! I do like living in Pasadena. Most things are very close by and it's a nice community.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.