Questions, Complaints and Everything Else Part 15 - My Gosh that's a lot!

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I didn't realize we were supposed to ask for it. Guess the IEFF dodged that bullet, too!!
  2. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
  3. Bowen Force Ghost

star 4
    Good man! I like your style. :)
  4. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I did not even notice it. It just goes to show how oblivious I am of that "holiday".
  5. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    I expected a thread or something, not that I wanted one, but nothing. Very interesting.
  6. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow! You are right! I didn't even notice.
  7. crazybirdman Jedi Master

star 4
    St Skeletor?s Day 2008

St Skeletor?s Day is a non-commercial alternative to the corporate whorefest that is St Valentine?s Day. Each year, on February 15th, the festival of St. Skeletor occurs worldwide. The purposes are:-

* a) The destruction of ?lurrve?
    * 2) The destruction of saucy greetings cards
    * d) The destruction of people with boyfriends/girlfriends

St Valentine of course is the patron saint of making single people feel like crap ? each year, the celebration drifts further away from the celebration of love, and further towards the celebration of fluffy handcuffs, expensive flowers, thoughtless greetings cards and other tat shaped into heart shaped packaging, putting pressure on people in relationships to partake of their hard earned cash and actually buy this crap.

Worse still, many companies now send Valentine?s cards to their customers, further polluting the concept of love.
  8. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    I was under the impression that, sans Hallmark, it'd always been more or less that structure.

Eh, I just ignore it rather than make a big deal about the day which just calls yet more attention to it. Though I do have friends wish a happy valentine's day and stuff, so i seem be to be in the right spots for it to be getting broken down into a less restrictive holiday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.