main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else Part 15 - My Gosh that's a lot!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthHaskett, Nov 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Yeah and Atlanta doesn't have any water too.

Great place to visit. Bring something to drink with you.

2. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Ah, yes, I need to go. Not sure I can afford it though---- holy moly on the hotel rates! Hmmmmm.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    OK negative people. Just because they are going through a drought today doesn't mean they will be going through one next year. It is over Labor Day APL. I hear it is quite the party con. I think it will be fun. I'm from the South as well so a little humid weather isn't going to bother me.

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Humidity sucks in MN in August too--that's what air conditioning is for.

SR--I gots nothing to save, but if you count making breathing room on the credit card, I'm "saving" now. *rollzeyes*

I hope nobody dies due to their drought. Is it true that they're only allowed to use water for a three-hour window each day?

5. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    OK, membership to Dragon*Con bought. Angie's going to book a room at the Marriott for me with her Exclusive, Fancy Schmancy Frequent Guest Pass thing. I'll look at airfare and roommates later.

Now I just need to finish my scout and join the 501st. Piece of cake. Yeah, right.

PS: The hotel here in South Carolina told me tonight not to wander outside due to ALLIGATORS in the area. Tomorrow night I'm relocating from this marsh to downtown Charleston!

6. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, some dude running from...police(??) jumped into a lake somewhere in the south and was EATEN BY A 9' ALLIGATOR. And here I thought only the crocs went for humans. BE CAREFUL, JN! O_O

I just bought my membership too, and will also worry about flight & pestering someone for a half a bed later-on. Not to mention making costumes!

7. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    See, these gator issues are things that just don't normally cross my mind. I don't think, "Gosh, if I cross this street towards that wooded area there might be a marsh and good ol' Wally Gator might be lurking below trying to make me food." For one, we don't have many marshes near Pasadena...

I saw that story about the eaten escapee on the news. Saved us taxpayers trial costs as far as I'm concerned!

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Humidity and I do not get along at all. I could never live in the South because of it. Sounds like a nice group going. I would love to go.

I've given up on the other threads. You guys are too much for me.

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That's a funny story JN. Please don't get eaten. That would suck. I'm glad you and ES are getting your stuff together for DCon it will be fun.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    So last night in my continual journey to finish my service hours I baked a black bottom pie and made two different kinds of cranberry sauce. I wanted to bake a second pie, a lemon meringue or lemon curd pie just for the tartness but I was short a couple of eggs. Now I have to figure out what I'm going to make for dinner tonight. No ideas yet.

Oh, and I'm thinking of going to the car show even though I'm not going to buy a car because I can't afford it. Maybe I'll go Thanksgiving weekend.

11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    What?!?! and give up Los Con???

12. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I get to have Thanksgiving with my family this year! I have the night off.

Today I went through my Itunes library and found all my Christmas songs and put them back on my ipod. Then I looked for more. Can you say early? Yes, but I can't help it. It's so fantastic![face_dancing]

13. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Are car shows fun? *not being sarcastic*

I took my sister to a toy store for a sociology assignment of hers. She had to find gender-specific toys. It took about five minutes, haha. We did find some hilarious toys though, like some bath toy set for little kids that included two pirates and a cannon. And they had cute erasers from Japan.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I love Christmas music, APL and I actually keep them on my iPod at all times so it's never too early.

Gender specific toys - what a ridiculous topic to research. They have pink aisles in most all stores. They should figure out why the little boy's section in clothing stores are SOOOO much smaller than the little girl's section.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I don't want to seem like I'm spamming our own boards but I wanted to repost this in this tread along with in the Sushi thread, because I think it is useful information and can help a lot of people here.

I guess the point here is to not make a lot of threads. Here is the reason. It's too hard to keep up with them all, especially when they get off topic, and people here just can't seem to stay on topic no matter what. It gets too crazy. Say for instance someone said something important that you want to go back and reread. Well did you read it in the QC and E thread or was it that tangent we went on in the Sushi thread? (much like where this post is going)

We have a half dozen all encompassing threads, QC and Everything Else (stress on the Everything), Collecting, Star Wars in the media, TV, Reviews, Costuming, DL, and a couple of work related ones. These threads have stood the test of time and are continually at the top of the list.

Now I'm not saying you shouldn't start a new thread. But I think the majority of people on this board only want to see new threads when they pertain to something specific, like hosting an event, or a convention.

So keep that in mind when posting. It can save you some grief.

Thanks

16. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Because women are fickle. [face_laugh] And it's worse when you have a woman shopping for a woman in training. It's fickle squared.

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well put, SR. Thank you.

CBM, smaller clothing area means less selection and it makes finding nice things harder.

18. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm at work and I'm bored. There's a private party in the park tonight. KOST gave out tickets to like 2,000 people to come in the park. I'm off at 2am. Our wait time (Buzz) is 5 minutes, if that. Very slow. The upside is they are playing music that KOST would play in TL. It's a nice change.

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah, DH, from what she's told me about her class, it's mostly stupid. Well, it IS Intro to Sociology. That's practically freshman English or like...high school health class or something in difficulty. At least in psychology we had to learn sciency stuff about the brain, y'know? ;)

Hey APL, what's KOST, a radio station? What's TL? Only 2,000 people were in the whole park?! Wow, it must look almost *desolate*, heehee.

I feel like I'm actually talking to you guys LESS this week. Hope that changes soon!

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry ES, I did not mean to demean your sis's class. It just seemed so elementary.

I'm not a KOST fan so I think an evening of that might make me take my life. TL is Tomorrowland, I believe. It sounds like a Grad Night sized crowd.

Oh, and don't post less. We already miss you too much.

21. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey it was a nice change. I'm use to the Tomorrowland (TL) music. It was better when KLOS came in the park. But I didn't mind it too much. So slow. Sorry I use so many abbreviations ES, I can't help it.

I am soooo looking forward to Thanksgiving now.

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Demean away, it ain't MY class. ;) It wasn't her first choice either--she wanted a sociology class, but a more specific one than the intro class.

I didn't quite mean I was posting here less...just *talking* to you guys less lately. I miss talking more!

Yea! I kinda guessed TL was Tomorrowland, but along with the "KOST" I wasn't sure. Hey, APL, I understand abbreviations kinda go hand-in-hand with the job.

23. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey APL. How busy is the park on Christmas day? Not sure I want to spend Christmas with the family this year as it's the first one for me with my son out of state. It's kinda weird and hard to explain. Thought DL might be kinda cool and different. Unless it's usually crazy busy on Christmas. Thanks!

24. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Ugh, so sorry, JF. Those 'different' holidays can be tough but it sounds like you've got the right attitude. Make a new tradition for yourself. But I'll await APL's answer on this one too as my out-of-state company wants to go to DL on Xmas Day. The one and only year I tried to go that day the place was so CROWDED AND CRAZY that we turned around and drove back home before getting into the parking lot!!

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    It can be tough JF, though it isn't the 25th I did just post a thread both here and on your local board for the Rose Parade Decorating again this year. That may be something fun to do and keep your mind off things for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.