main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: The 13th Thread!!! OoOoOoO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    JV, I will be in London from Sept 19th through the 27th. I will mainly stay in London though we may do a day trip to Paris and we will also be checking out Cardiff to see if we can spot any Doctor Who filming. I think all three shows are taping then.

2. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Can I come along, SR? I love London and need a vacation. Have a blast while there!

Dragoncon, OK, I'm in. Next August. I have money and airline points etc. Will talk to SR off-line about my biker scout armor. :)

3. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Well, I guess I need to get a second job or find myself a Sugar-Daddy!

4. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Don't I hear *that*!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, DragonCon. I been hearin' 'bout that wild place for years. Guess maybe it's time to go. Many things will have to happen in the intervening year...purely con-related = sewing and dieting.

JB said the Convergence parties were like Dragoncon (only, there are more people there, of course).

Convergence can be wild if you make it wild! It's fun, and it's even moreso with friends. :) I am sad I, once again, missed the bat-leth(???--the Klingon curved sharp metal weapon) tournament, and really wanted to go to a BeSo panel, but the parties were way fun. This convention happens every 4th-of-July weekend (in this case, the weekend after the holiday...) and next year is their 10th one, so it's supossed to be special.

DB--your pics work now. :) I'd give you a hug emoticon but there isn't one.

5. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    On the complaints mode, my knee hurt and was annoying last night. So far it's hurt less today... I can't really use the muscles in it (so I have to use my other leg or arms to move my right leg around!). I've been using mom's old crutches 'cause I can't hobble as well as I could the first half of yesterday, but I'm finally getting good at moving around with them without bending my knee. I would've thought I should try to use my knee as little as possible, but my mom said I should keep moving it...anyone know?? My pain-free range of movement is pretty small.

Bah, and she said I couldn't borrow her handicap thing if I have to go somewhere. Dammit, I'm handicapped, haha! If it were easy to get my own, I would, but I can't go to the doctor unless it gets pretty bad (though apparently there's an Indian clinic somewhere that would be cheap, so I *can* go to see someone if I need to...heh, mom said they'd stare/glare at me though since I'm pretty pale-skinned).

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear about your knee! Have you tried heat and cold?

I have a question for those of you into details. As I was putting out some of my collectables in the "new" cabinet, I noticed something weird on the x-wing.

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/X-wingstripes.jpg]

Look at the turbo-blaster gun things, the top one on the left has a blue stripe going around part of it and the bottom one on the right side has the same thing. They're welded on, so it's not something I did. Is that right or is my replica a bit off?

7. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I've seen x-wings with and without the stripes, on the top nacelles and then alternating nacelles. Maybe they're battle stripes, put on after the Battle of Yavin :).

8. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    What you have is correct for Luke's X-wing JF. Nice model!

9. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Oh good, I'm glad it's correct. I've never paid attention to that before.

Actually, it's one of the three Code3 metal replica ships that I won a few years ago. I've got the MFalcon and a chicken walker, too. I'm thrilled that I finally get to have them out and displayed. They're my favorites!

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/IMG_2475.jpg] [image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a76/jedifan/IMG_2476.jpg]

10. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    I'd go for the sugar daddy.

11. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yea, I'm thinkin' that option would be more fun!

12. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    I would love to go for the sugar daddy as well. :)

Nope took a third option -- I have saved and saved and saved for a very long time for this trip.

13. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks, JF. I did lots of cold and a little heat (not much--blanket &/or my hand) yesterday. Nothing today, really (maybe I should've?).

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I've got a really bad shoulder and that's what my Dr. always tells me to do. 15 minutes heat(preferably moist) then 15 minutes cold. I don't remember how long I'm supposed to do that though. The few times I've actually stopped long enough to sit down and do the cycle a few time, it helps. Every injury is different though. It wouldn't hurt to try it a few times.

A knee injury is no fun!! That's a weight baring joint, so it's gotta be harder to deal with!

15. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I've sprained my ankle before (mildly?) but not my knee. It's annoying! I'm gonna have "fun" getting around MOA tomorrow, haha. They rent wheelchairs but I bet I'll have to return it when the mall closes, so I'll just have the crutches for waiting for Harry Potter...

16. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    So, JR, SR, did I give one of you my Jedi folding/camp chair from Target when I moved?? I'm having a senile moment.

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I have your Jedi folding chair. We use it. If you want it back or any of the things we got from you, you're always welcome to it.

18. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Is everyone online right now? I can't wait for tomorrow!

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Yea, everyone's online! Anyone else got google talk?

JR, I want it, but I want it for waiting for HP tomorrow night after I have to return the mall's wheelchair, so thanks but you keep it safe. ;) I got a similar style chair at my high school grad party but I have no idea where it is since my family moved like 4 times after I left for CA... I just dunno if sitting on the floor will be comfortable! Oh well, I'll survive.

20. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Started my new job today. And it's way more interesting and not as boring as the other. I also work in Manhattan Beach and I'm literally up the street from the beach. Same pay and the people are a lot more social. There's even a fellow geek who likes anime I think. Oh ya, and I my boss has a SpudTrooper on her desk; way cool!

What's tomorrow DH?

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    ES, Sorry! You said I could have it. Well.. it's here... if you ever want it back.

22. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    Sorry, ES, no google talk. I have AIM and YIM though, if nayone wants to talk.:D

JF, you keep things in their display cases? Am I the only one in the world who doesn't care about collector's value with these things, rips off the case as soon as I get home, and starts playing with them?[face_laugh]

23. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    I'm not upset or anything!!! I was just wondering if it was here or not (and if so, how come I had absolutely no memory of putting it somewhere).

I'm going to make my sister look for that chair from high school, muahaha. She'll have to go down there anyway to print something out for me (there's no way I can carry the laptop down the stairs while on crutches!). Hooray, no venturing into the spiderwebby area of the basement for me!

24. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    While I think SR's haircut is very nice, I like more hair to run my fingers through.

I'm tired but too excited to be too tired.

ES, get better soon.

25. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just bought the padawan roundtrip tickets from Oregon to Ontario and the total cost was just under $500. I don't understand why that flight is so dang expensive!! I search for several days, all over the place, and that was the best rate I found. That's frustrating!!! [face_frustrated]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.