main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: The 13th Thread!!! OoOoOoO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Sorry to hear that, JF. I think maybe it's whenever you're going from a non-hub city to another non-hub city, then it's expensive...? SR says his flights to Texas are always a lot.

Thanks, DH. :) I think it's better today (I was able to put on my socks standing up!...very carefully, haha), but man it's more annoying! My knee and *ankle* are aching and aching...

2. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow! That's really expensive! I flew to Hawaii for much less than that. Maybe he'll be flying to Ontario, Canada, which I hear is a cool city.

I've had enough flying this year, but I wish I were going to Europe too. Or anywhere for that matter. But we have a dog.

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    JF, was that for (1) or (2) tickets?

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I just saw somebody during my lunch hour who looked so much like JR I had to ask him if he had a nephew, brother or cousin named Matthew. (He looked too young to be JR's dad, but a little too old to be a sibling.) Who could believe there were two such handsome fellows in the same city!

But, he didn't know JR.
    (I swear, JR, he really did look like he could be related to you.)

5. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Hey JR,

Were you ever a chef at a restaurant?

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    That was for only one stinkin' round trip ticket. Delta's website ended up having the best rate by about $50. They beat Expedia, Travelocity and all those sites. I was surprised.

DB, I'm not sure how often you've flown down here, but what type of prices were you getting? Oh yea, he's flying out of PASCO.

7. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'd bet its more because you're trying to get into Ontario vs LAX

Otherwise, thats obscenely high. My flight to Sydney was like 1200 or something, and thats a much longer flight time, I'd think.

8. JediVixen

JediVixen Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    My flight to London in early August was $1200.00

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    JF,

Your not gonna like this post. Sorry in advance. ?¼

Usually when I flew from LAX, I had prices from $215-250.00 round trip. Usually 4-6 weeks notice. Sometimes 8 weeks notice.

Orange County to Portland was more $280-300.00.

Burbank to Portland was around $250-280.00 range. But these are all with 4-8 weeks notice usually. I have done the flight about 10 times the past two years.

Sorry. You are getting hosed. It could be an Ontario issue. I mean, I had seen flights from LAX to London for $500.00. I would drive your child to LAX, and have him fly out there. To save $200.00, it could be worth it.

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks for the info, DB. [face_frustrated]

Actually, I hadn't thought about checking other airports, so I just went looked. (thanks for mentioning that!) It seems that the problem is where he's flying out of. Flights leaving from larger airports cut a minimum of $120 off the price. Changing to LAX didn't really help. It's an Oregon issue. Figures. I'll make sure I consider that next time!

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Dude, I don't know about you guys but driving to LAX from the IE and back to save $200 is one of those borderline things for me. I'd like to think my time is also worth something. That's two roundtrip drives, drop off and pick up, each about two hours each way. That's at least eight hours of driving. Also Ontario is a much easier airport to get around than LAX, at least that's what I'm told. I try to avoid LAX whenever possible. I would have taken the fare and be done with it. Then again, I am not one to appreciate long drives so maybe that is why I wouldn't care if I had to pay more.

12. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That's why we waited till the fall and didn't try for CE. The summer was too rich for my blood.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Hardly anyone is here at work today -- must be HPitis! SR -- you're missing the yummy BBQ! I'm busy sending out resumes...I've decided my current company is my last choice (sorry SR) because I'd really like to get the daily 2+ hours wasted commuting back into my life. I want to work in the Valley!!

14. The_Sith_Hunter

The_Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    I can't believe they are booting you. That just sucks. I know how nice it is to live close to work and understand that desire. I like my two mile commute down Overland Ave...

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, I will miss having you there. If you get a job at WB or Universal keep an eye out for me. I doubt I'd jump ships after all these years but if the job was right I would seriously think about it.

I would like bbq. Is it part of the Main Street dinning thingy that they started? A couple of weeks ago it was Mexican food.

16. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Nope, not going for CE - going with family members to London and Paris. (going to miss CE by 3 weeks...)

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well I didn't think you were going either JV as CE would be this weekend. I did try to go, but backed out due to the high summer prices. You'll have to tell me what's good to do and what to avoid when you return.

18. JediVixen

Oct 18, 2001
    Will do

19. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Wow, all this travel talk! Man, I almost wish I didn't have this SF trip next month, 'cause I'm actually getting comfortable NOT travelling for once, and it'll just get me right back in that mindset...

I'm tired, but hooray, my sinus headache's gone for now, thanks to some weird otc drug I found in our drug cupboard and MAYBE tylenol did something too (I'm skeptical since tylenol never does ANYthing for me, except on fevers). I've seen HP5 twice now and it was a lot better the second time. What's *with* that?!?! Pirates 3 was a lot better the second time as well!

EDIT: I wanted to let the peeps like DH & JF & whomever else commented about mah knee know that it's getting better. Thanks fer your "get better" wishes. I can hobble again without crutches for a little while without worrying my leg will buckle (I'm still using them most of the time--I don't want to re-injure it!), I can move it more--it's still difficult but *possible*, etc. Hopefully it'll be all better in a week. That's my hopeful timetable. ;) And yeah, I'll try to remember not to run or jump or anything for a few weeks!

20. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Glad your knee's improving, ES. You are too young to be a gimp.
    What OTC thing did you take for your headaches? I have had chronic headaches since as long as I remember. Exedrine sometimes works, but nothing else. (Tylenol & ibuprofen do seem to work on other things, like fevers, toothaches etc.)

21. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I'm so glad your knee is better, ES! :)

22. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks, VK & JJ. :)
    VK, it was some "cold and allergy" thing called, I think, Actifed. (I'd normally take ibruprophen for headaches but nowadays the only pain med I'm supposed to take is acetamenophin/tylenol.)

23. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Yay for happy knee-ness!

24. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    It's doing its stupid achey thing again, bleah. Also, a couple days ago, bruises formed--tiny, circular bruises, three in a slanted vertical row on my knee! How weird.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Do you know ES that my thumb still hurts from the whole scuba diving incident. I think I need to have it checked out as well and that was eight months ago.

In other news I must share these pictures. For those collectors out there who love Ewoks, we have this great action figure.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/ewok.jpg]

And now I guess I'll get me that PSP my company sells. I can't pass up the limited edition Star Wars Battlefront version.

[image=http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f65/ksr3959/dsc_1093.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.