main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: The 13th Thread!!! OoOoOoO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Your thumb still hurts?! :( I'm sorry. That's a persistent injury. :/

Do you remember what I hurt getting off the boat? (it was stupid--I just stepped off, onto the cement loading dock, and landed funny or something) I can't remember now if it was an ankle or...knee! It was only messed-up for a few days or something though.

2. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    So, anyone with tv/journalism connections want to go to this thing on Sunday and like, record it for me (haha) or just tell me about it? ;)

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I wonder why you want to see it ES? Hummmm let me guess...because Anderson will be there. I'm right I know.

4. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I never watch the news. It's too depressing.

All I ever watch on TV are cartoons and the history channel...[face_laugh]

5. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    SR, your powers of reading are astounding. ;D You're correct, of course.

6. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-coffee13jul13,0,3547326.story?coll=la-home-center

Tea anyone?

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well it's a good think I don't like coffee. Gross.

8. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Ewwww! [face_sick]
    I knew there was a reason I didn't drink coffee...

9. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I've actually been told to drink coffee by the doctor to keep me up in the morning for class, as I have problems staying awake (I need more sleep...). I can't stand it unless there's tons of cream and sugar inside, and even then it doesn't seem to help my problem. I suppose eventually I'll stop drinking it.

10. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Just don't drink that coffee.

11. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Varekai has it right. Just don't drink THAT coffee. Coffee is fantastic. It's my friend, don't you talk bad about it!

12. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    There are a lot of people online right now. I'm at work and it is so boring. I haven't done anything today but eat. We had a chilli cookoff between departments. I went down to taste test. I think I had more of the desserts though than chilli. One person just used canned chilli and I could tell. The one I voted for didn't win either. Though they were all pretty good except this one that had a bit of green tint to it. They put a lot of cilantro in it I guess.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm going to go get some RIGHT NOW! (Real coffee, that is!) [face_coffee]

14. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I'm going to get coffee in a couple hours. I'm going to visit my happiest place on earth. Borders!

You're right SR, tons of people online.

15. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I think it's neat that we're all on line right now. We may see Transformers tonight because Mr. DH has not seen it yet.

16. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    We're going to a Friday the 13th Birthday Party -- and this is the 13th QCEE Thread and I'm posting about the party here! OOOoooooOOOOoooooOOOOooooOOOOoooo!

:D

Happy Friday the Thirteenth, everybody!

17. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Eeee, Borders! That's one of my favorite place too. I tried to get a job there, but they haven't gotten back to me. -_-

Applied to Target though a few days ago, so I'm hoping to get a callback in a few days, regardless of whether I got the job or not. This would be my first job, so I'm a little nervous but I'm looking forward to it.

18. Elensara

Apr 2, 2002
    Happy Friday the 13th party! We're watching GoF. Ew, spiders. At least I don't care about fake!Moody messing with them--they're nasty (and fake, JB, JN, don't be upset).

Ewww, that reminds me, last night there was a Legs thing (some kind of centipede--they like our house, bleah) eating a dead spider. :( :(

Aaaanyway, good luck on the Borders run/job/etc. :)

19. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Ick. I hate bugs and spiders. They creep me out...

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So I just got back from a place in Silverlake. I won a raffle. $50 off some health store I'll never go to plus a t-shirt that is the color of an X-Wing pilot's uniform.

I really didn't have fun though. I was not having a good time though I was with friends I could only think of other places I would rather be. I admit I wasn't very friendly tonight. I left early and came home.

So let's see. I left a social gathering of like minded people that could have held the possibility of future companionship to come home to type on message boards on a Friday night. Hmmmm. I may need to consult "Dear Skyryder".

21. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Actually, it's Saturday now.[face_laugh]

But yeah...I'd probably do the same thing...so I may have to join you in the Dear Skyryder thing...>_>

22. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    I went to Target last night and was anitsocial reading a book at home while watching The Soup.

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm now procrastinating on going to the gym. I need to go, I should go, but I would rather not go. It won't be crowded so I will have my choice of machines.

Antisocial is ok once and a while. I tried to be social when I really shouldn't have. But I had to go show support for my coworker who joined the West Hollywood Rugby team. He has been on the team for a month now and hasn't gone to one practice or game. I really don't know if you call that being on the team but it is the West Hollywood team so.... (so many jokes to be made there).

24. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    ...We have rugby teams in LA?

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yes we do.

LARC

And the team my friend plays for (or will soon) is

LA Rebellion and though it is based in West Hollywood, not all players are gay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.