main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints and Everything Else: The 13th Thread!!! OoOoOoO!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    OMG, JB!!!!! How the heck could the DMV assign the same plates to two people? Idiots!! Well, you have the plates still and ordered them first so the newbie (who must surely wonder why nobody else had that plate already and is still marveling at his/her good luck) will have to surrender to you. Man, oh man, this one is BAD.

2. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Thanks you two! I think that was the longest post I've ever written! I'm sure being sick and feeling helpless at home contributed to my frustration... [face_blush] I'm trying to stay positive, and BeSo and I are going to work on new plate ideas, in case the unthinkable happens.

You know, in the last several years, I've spent SO MUCH time on the phone dealing with massive mistakes made by clerical errors...what is going on? Are all employees stupid now? Seriously: I don't think I had to do this EVER in the 80s and 90s, but now? It's just one thing after another! :oops: GAH!!!!

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    That's terrible JB! I hope you get to keep the plates. It only seems right. They messed up. Someone's going to be sad, and I hope it won't be you.

I hope you feel better too.

4. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Im sorry the DMV is giving you so much woe, JB. I really hope you get to keep your plates.

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    JB that is awful! I agree that the level of service in many ways is going downhill. Are we becoming too reliant on technology, do people just don't care, or are they just stupid?

I hope you get your plates back (well you already have them so isn't possesion 9/10 of the law or something like that?)

Also get better so you can come to work tomorrow. Ed missed you. And actually my throat is now sore?

6. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Actually I had every hope of coming in (I didn't even want to leave today!) but I'm not better. If there's not some miracle overnight, my weekend is forecast: blech. My son called a while ago and didn't recognize my voice when I answered, so I hope it's not related to your throat troubles...I tried to cover up today when talking to people!

7. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    JB, I wish you a speedy recovery of your throat troubles. My grandma's old Mexican remedy for sore throats is hot lemon or cinnamon tea with honey. It might not help right away but it sure does taste and feel good.

8. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Just feel better soon, JB. Please. You've had a tough health year and it's only June. :( Also, SJ's solution *does* taste good so have BeSo mix you up a pot.

You are correct, of course, the level of service in the US has declined drastically. Managers aren't trained and so they can't train their employees. Nobody has job security so people view customers as an annoyance rather than a paycheck. I've gone through six temps. in six months because they come to work with their cell phones on and expect to sit on the Internet all day. Heck, only *I* get to do that. :p

JR, I hope you feel better soon too!

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    My throat's not so bad today but the congestion: oy!! :oops: My whole face hurts. I hope I feel better tomorrow for going to Auto Club regarding my plates... :(

10. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Awww, feel better soon, JB. That plate situation is very annoying too, try think of other things--it can't help your health any to think about it! :(

Um, on a way different topic, I woke up really really REALLY wanting to watch RotS. Why? Because my last dream involved it being in theaters again because of either the SW anniversary or CIV and random people I went to high school with were coming to a MNFF meeting I was somehow a main character at (in real life I'd be an awkward newbie/oldie combo) and we were all going to the Chinese after the meeting for a late, maybe midnight show (it WAS a dream). And a few of us were going to see it again at 9am the next day, and I called Devi to see if she wanted to too ("YES."). We didn't go very early and there was a line and others walking towards the end too, so I decided to start *running* to the end to beat some people, yes, but also 'cause I was so excited. Anyway, I woke up when I reached the end, which was in an overgrown abandoned lot near a wooded area.

Oh yeah, and I rarely have dreams where I *feel* some emotion, so all that excitement to see RotS at the Chinese is what got me wanting to see it so much now...

11. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I've been consistently having dreams about CIV and the lot of us being together. I don't remember my dreams usually, but I do remember they have been CIV related. It's weird.

JB, you better check to see if the Auto Club is open on Saturday. I know the one by our house isn't.

I feel much better now, and I will attempt to eat real food for lunch (I've been just eating soup or rice up until now). I just don't know where to go for lunch. Friday lunches used to be a big deal, we'd all go in a group somewhere. Now everyone seems to do their own thing.. either that or I'm not just being invited anymore. Oh well..

12. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    Do you think it could be environmentally caused allergies? I had a brief case of larengitis and a sneezing fit later that night. I woke up with a sore throat this morning, but feel fine now.

13. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    My Auto Club (Burbank) is open Saturdays -- otherwise I'd never get any DMV stuff done!

I'm definitely sick -- not having allergies. Achy, congested, weak...I've been on the couch all morning watching the stupid Paris fiasco. I think I've lost IQ points. I got up to make soup but I'm all out of chicken and stars! :(

I'm actually not cranky though -- I'll get better, the plates thing will get sorted out, and if I have to be stuck home, at least it's a pretty day so I have the windows open to air out germs. I can hear birdies. It's very pleasant and relaxing.

14. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    I hope you feel better JB. :)

15. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Glad you are better JB. You wouldn't want to be here today. I don't know what last night's sore throat was caused by but that's over. Maybe it was just sympathy pains.

So far today has sucked. I told a coworker that I would help his deliver his car to the repair shop (while on the clock) so we did, we took seperate cars so I could drive him back to work. Well we get there (it was very far away) and they said they didn't have the parts and would have to have him come back. So I missed work this morning for nothing and wasted my gas.

Now my hand hurts. Why? Because after a meeting we had concerning the Relocation of our Restaurant/Athletic Club I was so angry that I hit my desk with my hand. I have a tendency to build up anger then let it out all at once and then you would rather not be a piece of furniture nearby because you aren't going to survive it.

I'm also angry that we have all this work to do, and my coworker HR, missed work yesterday and then each time I've entered the office he is either surfing the net or instant messaging! I want to tell him we have work to do but I'm not the boss so I say nothing.

Speaking of work I'm now not just moving corporate things but also production things because of the five people who do productions four are on vacation and one quit. Who allows an entire group to all take vacation the same time?

Everyone from my office went to the Hare Krishner (sp?) restuarant in Culver City for lunch. I didn't go, because I'm mad and I don't like the food. It's fine but you have to eat a ton of it just to fill you up and there is no meat so instead I'm having lunch alone at my desk eating a fattening calzone.

But not everything is bad. It has now been a week with my new roommate and I haven't said much yet just to see how things go but so far everything has been great. He has made me margaritas almost every night he bought, prepared, and cleaned up for dinner Wednesday which consisted of salmon and vegetables. He doesn't eat anything but fish and fresh fruits and vegetables. He doesn't eat carbs or dairy. He has terrible allergies to most foods. Also he wants to hire a maid and pay for the service himself. So I'm liking everything so far.

And I think that is all for now.

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I'm sorry about all that SR -- if I can do anything to help out when I get back let me know. Take care of your hand! [:D]

17. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Poor SR. I wish I could say at least the week is over but you probably have to work tomorrow also. Oh, and if your new roommate wants to cook and clean for me too I'll take him.

Get better, JB. It sounds awful.

My Darth Maul mug was misplaced earlier and I spent time looking for it. A co-worker who I have been playing tricks on (sort of) hid it and another co-worker "found" it for me. I thought the whole thing was hilarious though and totally suspected the first co-worker.

18. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Well I don't feel any better, and the Auto Club couldn't really help me in my license plate situation. They spent an hour working on my case. Mind you, they tried HARD, even calling some special secret number up at the DMV for assistance. My clerk had a badge that showed she had something like 34 years of experience doing the DMV stuff at the Auto Club, and I could tell by her face and voice that the DMV was being really rude to HER! They seem unwilling to admit they made a mistake, even though my clerk told them she had my last registration in hand showing my VIN and plate, AND she could see my plates on my car out the window! Even some supervisor there was apparently unwilling to help. After she hung up with them she said they'd be calling me, and gave me a temporary registration while my plates are in "limbo." She had me fill out an affadavit stating I'd always had those plates, and they'd never left my possession. Then she wished me luck, saying that I was in for "no fun at all" in dealing with the DMV over the next few weeks. :(

BeSo wants to get an attorney...

19. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your troubles JB. The DMV like the Post Office or any other public government service works on a "hurry up and wait" tune. You need to hurry up with your claim, then wait till they feel like working on it. Talk about your tax dollars at work huh?

20. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    To be honest, I really haven't had too much grief with the California DMV. When I did have to wait, it was because there were a lot of people on line ahead of me. I have occasionally had to drive around the lot looking for a parking space, which would certainly indicate many persons at the DMV at that time.

The only thing I didn't like was that they were allowing religious missionaries to proseletize in their doorway. I found that highly inappropriate for a government agency.

21. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Well it just gets better...first, I got my second TW Cable bill...for the apartment I vacated in MAY. Then, my boss comes in late and tells me she's been let go, which effectively means I have too. I have about 2 1/2 months notice, which is better than nothing, but... :_|:_|:_|

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Aww, JB! I'm sorry. :( Was this the thing you were talking about months ago at work, about your job maybe not being secure?

23. JediNoc

Aug 9, 2005
    Oh geez, JB, that totally sucks! Any chance during the 2.5 months you'll get another gig there so you can stay on? We sometimes keep the admin support when we get rid of the bosses because they do all the real work. UGH, I'm so sorry! :(

24. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    So sorry to hear that, JB. I hope it will all work out for you!

25. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Woah.. I'm sorry to hear off all the bad news JB! If there's something I can do to help, let me know. I don't know what I can do.. but I'd like to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.