LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. V -The Thread Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoo-hoo! A fresh "free-for-all" thread!
  2. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    I got a new pair of shoes. And so far every woman in the office has noticed. Not one man had mentioned anything. Now, I'm not even going to try to understand the woman-shoe phenomena so don't bother trying to explain it to me. What I want to know is, why are all the women here looking at my feet?
  3. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
  4. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    We just tend to notice things like shoes because shoes are cool. ;)
  5. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My fiancee's stuff came in yesterday... 96 pairs of shoes.
  6. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    I just gave about 15 pairs of shoes to the Salvation Army. Hardly made a dent in the collection! [face_blush]
  7. Jundland_Jay Jedi Master

star 4
  8. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    I've always wanted an AT-AT. Remember the SW section in the FAOSchwarz shops that had part of an AT-AT built into the room? When our local shop shut down BeSo and I went to get toys, and he ACTUALLY considered making an offer on the AT-AT for me. Alas, we have no room. But what a sweetie, huh? Swoon. SW geek-girl's dream.
  9. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    dude, Mrs. D-B gave away like 30 pairs of shoes to charity, and still has a sick amount. Who knows why they need 20-30+ pairs. 96 pairs, that is just plain wrong. Need for therapy. Slowly, throw away one pair each weekend, and they will never know.

Right Liz, Claudia...etc ? ;)
  10. JediBith Jedi Master

star 4
    Oy, you're right DB. Most of the pairs donated had never even been worn. Yikes. I'm so ashamed.
  11. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    JR, you make her put those shoes in storage with your figures.

I almost took home a large scale model of the Starship Troopers ship from our warehouse along with some very large astroids.
  12. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Skyryder,
    Take it home! Sell it on eBay, and we split the profits 50/50. Ok? Deal.
  13. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    are WE selling your wife's shoes, or the Starship Trooper item? I have 63* on eBay. I can help.

Throw in some of Carolyns to the mix too. ;)
  14. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    My mother has well over 100 pairs of shoes. Of course, working in a shoe department at a department store will do that. My girlfriend has about 30 pairs. It's insane.
  15. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I would like to buy it from Ebay. That is where it was listed. We sell a lot of our old props on ebay.
  16. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I can't wait until after the freaking holiday's. That sounds bad, but I've been so busy I haven't had any time to spend on the boards chatting with my buddies.
  17. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, I feel sort of left out of the shoe discussion as I have less than 20 pairs and four of them are tennis shoes. I don't understand the fascination either. I have two pairs of black shoes, a pair of ivory shoes, two pairs of blue shoes, a pair of topsiders, a pair of Ugg style boots, and a couple of others but that's it.

I'm glad JB started this one and also that without really paying attention I was number 500 on the other one! YEAH!
  18. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We had our SUPER LAME office Christmas party today. One woman with a super shrill voice kept trying to sing. It was painful. I hope we have a good one next year.
  19. Darth-Bubba Jedi Master

star 4
    next time, try shoving a dirty sock down her throat.
  20. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sorry to hear of your super lame party DH. I'm on the committee for our office's "Holiday" luncheon. It's expensive and a lot of work, but I think it'll be worth it. Many City employees are really cheap. Our committee raised enough money to subsidize each person $18, still it's gonna cost everyone $22 (it's $40/person). We had to do a bunch of fund raisers to make the money. Still, people complain that they have to pay $22. It's only once a year cheap people!!!
  21. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm sorry you had a super lame party DH, I wish I could invite you to our party because I know it won't be lame. I also got a really nice gift today of some wine from the CEO and President of Columbia Pictures Michael Lynton and Amy Pascal. Not everyone got this gift, not even my own boss. I wish I could say they know me, but really it is their assistant who I have done so much for.
  22. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm sure everyone else will have better parties than ours. Not only was it lame but because it was in the office people snuck out early rather than deal with the horror that was called "entertainment". I was asked to be on the planning committee. I said no. I was asked to play a keyboard. I said no. I was also asked to put together a quiz to which I said yes. I thought it was clever and perhaps the only intelligent and original part of the party. I snuck out after that.
  23. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My complaint of the day:
    I was out xmas shopping at Glendale Galleria last night, and at half the stores I went to, the employee behind the counter was chatting away on the phone to one of their friends. They aren't helping the customers, or asking you if you found everything ok or whatever, just chatting about girlie stuff.
    I find this behavior really embarrassing.
  24. crazybirdman Force Ghost

star 4
    Looks like they got thier customer service training from Despair.com

[image=http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1821_6245706/image.gif]

[image=http://us.st5.yimg.com/store1.yimg.com/I/demotivators_1821_16877662/image.gif]
  25. Jiltedtoo Jedi Master

star 4
    I used to work for an insurance company in Glendale (the job itself sucked ass, ask Marshall how much I hated it), but they had the best Christmas parties, and gave out big bonuses
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.