main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. V -The Thread Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't know and I'm not sure if any of the founding fathers are still active. I know it was after AOTC came out.

2. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    How long have we been very cool and fun, or been in existence?

Our Yahoo board started in 2001, I think. I took over leadership, and made the group fun/spontaneous...in Summer 2002, or was it 2003? In March, 2003 we officially became the coolest FF in California. I dubbed us that.

Past events

Bowling
    Sushi
    Karoake
    Picnics
    midnight movies
    Korean BBQ
    Trivial Pursuit
    day at the Horse Races
    Softball Games
    Meeting during Comic-Con
    and Roller Skating. Ahm...

3. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks for the history. Hey, when you guys were at Comic-Con, were you all in costume? Maybe I saw some of you.

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Rebecca Romijn is downstairs. That's cool, but it doesn't phase me all that much.

Here's our pics from Comic-Con 2004. Click Here

I thought we had pics from 2003 too.. but I think they're on our old Yahoo site.

5. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    when's the next karaoke party?!?!?!

i've got a killer rendition of "9 to 5" i'd love to dust off for your appreciative ears.

6. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Wow, that was really speedy JR. Maybe I should call you Speed Racer instead. I do remember seeing you there. Did you see the Elvistrooper there? I thought that dude was hilarious. I like the pics.

7. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Speed Racer is my all-time favorite cartoon!!
    Yeah I saw Elvis Trooper there. I see him pretty much everywhere. One tends to see the same people at all the Star Wars related events here in Southern California.
    Those pics bring back some memories..

8. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I have 9 to 5 on my iPod. I would love to see it performed Karaoke. If I have a partner I can do Islands in the Stream.

ES and NP, is your hometowns close to that shooting that happened?

9. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Red Lake is up near Canada, it's a good half-day's drive from the Twin Cities. But yeah, I mean, it's the same state, so it's still really sad. :(

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    D-B forgot to mention that one of those activities is a euphemistic term for something that it is not. Is that confusing? Any way, we've had a lot of fun under D-B's leadership. I had just joined right before the founders left so I don't know what it was like before.

We're a pretty good group. We aren't all about Star Wars though we all love it so. We have lives outside of the Force and get together to enjoy each others' company more than anything else.

11. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    Well, I have only been to two gatherings so far and it has been pretty jolly. Everyone has been very nice.

12. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    And Helen's (ValedaKor) leadership too! We are a team, the whole FF team!!!! Thanks for all your help Helen. :)

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Yes, I was remiss. Sorry, ValedaKor. She's been instrumental in setting up many activities also.

Anyone out there getting the new PSP? I hear it's supposed to be a great system. Sony, the one and only, right?

14. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    Yeah....the LAFF is full of great, funny, wacky people with some nuts and flakes thrown into the mix :D
    pretty much everyone has an "official job"

I am the official "flake" of the LAFF...i took the position over from DH. ;)
    That's why they call me Tony the tiger..... [face_laugh]
    all in all, welcome DM!

15. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    ok my complaint is:
    I order some stuff from some guy from his website (a sith style saber and blade for a buddy of mine) and the guy still hasn't sent it to me!!!!
    I sent him money back in early Feb. He lives in canton, ohio and says "for some reason mail seems to runs slow around here" BUT he did say he already shipped items out 2 weeks ago through USPS!!!!
    I tried emailing him sevral times but no reply.
    Methinks i need to send a bounty hunter to his neck of the woods to take care of a little busines! ;)
    I'm just upset he's jerking me around!!! [face_frustrated] :mad: "I feel so helpless".... 3PO

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    That is bad, SJ. I ordered some stuff on ebay once and after a month of waiting I finally wrote to her and asked her where my book was. Two weeks later I got it. She wasn't the most responsive person and when others wrote to complain about her she sent back negative feedback on that person.

Okay, I was talking to a friend of mine about another friend's upcoming wedding and she mentioned that she's excited about it. I said I haven't given it much thought because my mind is elsewhere. Was that callous of me? I am excited for my friend (and no, it is not JR's but a mutual friend of ours) but it is one of the furthest things from my mind right now. I sort of feel bad now but not completely.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    That doesn't sound too good SJ. Was it through Ebay or some other means?

Don't feel bad DH.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey my wedding celebration is coming up.. but I have to admit Star Wars is all that's on my mind right now. Don't tell my wife that.

SoloJedi,
    I ordered one of Parks Saber's Ultimate Saber Kits right after Comic-Con. It still hasn't arrived yet, and when it does, it most likely won't be complete. You always take a risk ordering things from "little people".

19. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Did you order directly from Park or a middle man? It is a small operation but Comic Con was a long time ago.

20. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    From a middle man.. Park suggested I get in contact with this guy 'cuz he was doing a "group buy". He's been shipping some out, I guess there were a LOT of production problems, and still not all the parts are completed.

21. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    well he had a couple of things on ebay but has his own site with more stuff to sell. he was very responsive at first.....funny, lately i found a few random ebay sales and he has a recieved bad feedback....
    go figure

22. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Totally OT complaint:

I spent the most I've ever spent on a tank of gas for my car yesterday.. almost $40!! I know that's not that much if you drive say..a Suburban or some other behemoth.. but still.. that's a lot! Makes me want to take the train to work.

23. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Thanks for the compliment, D-B :cool:.

I am probably the biggest eBay-er in the group. 90% of my collection came from eBay. Out of over 1,260 transactions, I have had only two go south, one for not shipping and one that the post office destroyed the package. I count myself lucky.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I have found a lot of cool items on ebay also. I keep trying to get that UCSC Lego X-Wing but I keep getting WAY overbid. I think we have all learned an important lesson here. We should always check the seller's rating before purchasing from that person. In SJ's case, however, the negative feedback came too late. Most unfortunate.

25. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    I was talking to my friend the other day and told her I was going to a SW convention. She started telling me how her brother-in-law looked like William Shatner and all I could think was "It's Star Wars NOT Star Trek!" Those poor misguided souls...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.