main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. V -The Thread Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JediBith, Dec 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    If I had a dollar for everytime someone told me that I would have enough to pay for my trip to CIII. They always say "You Trekkie", are you dressing up like a Klingon. I try to explain some get it others say isn't it the same thing?

2. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    There are many ignorant people out there. Then again, there are a lot of us who are entrenched in worlds.

Oh, and for the Christian Bale fans out there o_O , the Premiere (or whatever it's called) for "Batman Begins" is March 30th at Grauman's.

3. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I have Jeff Park's business card here, at work. If you need his info, PM or e-mail me.

Bubba

P.S. Got my insider last night, hurray. But, no pass yet. :( Major spoiler photos.

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I thought the Batman Begins premiere is June 6??? (At least, that's what the Mann's website says.) Have they changed it?

5. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You know, you are right, ValedaKor. I misread the information. My bad. :oops:

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    March 30 June 6 they are so much the same :confused:

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    They are the same, aren't they? Any way, this type of information is always in the Board agenda. I think I was still half asleep at that time.

Oh, and yes, Darth-Bubba is the best CR in the world.

8. DarthMommy

DarthMommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    This thing is scrolling by me- what is CR?

9. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'll second that DH, I love the new banner message.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    CR is Chapter Rep. D-B and VK are our CRs (I won't make that mistake again).

Bummer news. We are moving to an even worse part of the city but instead of having 5.5' partitions, we are going to have low ones so no more surfing or posting for fun in the new building. People are going to see me falling asleep at my desk!

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sorry to hear that DH. I love the fact that my computer is turned in a way no one can see me. Are you all moving or just you? Mr. DH and JR staying?

12. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    That's cruelty...or something.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    I think CR means City Rep not Charter Rep. It's part of the ForceNet's organizational structure for Fan Force Chapters. DB and VK have to make sure we follow TF.N's rules. JR has to watch over all of the Pacific area, right?

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I think JediBith has it right.

15. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Yeah that sounds about right. I have heard CRs called both City Reps and Chapter Reps, I guess it just depends.

16. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Where's the "Dear Skyryder" thread again? Maybe we should make it its own thread! Yessss.......

17. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I checked D-B's title before writing my explanation. I had always thought it was city rep also until I looked at D-B's. Who knows?

18. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Oh DH I think you made a typo, or at least I read "charter" rep, not "chapter" rep. Sorry.

19. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  20. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    it must be slow if we are debating the "C" for City or Chapter.... It means the same thing. I get to choose monthly restaurants. Other than that, just impresses chicks. ;)

Thank you all for the kind words. J-R did that in response to me saying he was the best RSA in the world. That was in response to a secret message, which I will not share.

You are all sweet, even Skyryder.

21. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    DB, did you say you went to see the Crue? Was just wondering how it was.

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Man, DarthMommy rocks!

23. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Can anyone can help me see U2 for the first time? (Of course, I'll love you forever!) I *really* want to see them. They're pretty up-top on my "atrocity I haven't seen 'em" bands list.

24. DarthMommy

Mar 22, 2005
    I haven't seen U2 before but their music is quite cool. They have tremendous staying power. I myself enjoy your typical 80's Kajagoogoo cheese and more reputable Duran Duran with a healthy dose of Motley Crue and Van Halen.

25. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    U2 tickets are virtually impossible to get. I know KROQ was giving away tickets to a soundcheck that's happening tomorrow. The location was somehow leaked out and now there's super overly strict security to make sure no one who isn't supposed to be there gets in.

Mr. DH and I don't share musical tastes so we don't see any concerts I want to go to because I feel he would feel uncomfortable. We'll go to see his bands because they are old classic rock groups and they are okay.

DM, your reference to Kajagoogoo made me laugh so hard! (too shy shy...)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.