main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. VI: The Lost Episode

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    You know what kind of car I drive, but for the sake of posting something here's a list of cars:

Current cars:
    2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT - 18-20 mpg
    2004 VW Passat Wagon 1.8T - 23-25 mpg (YG's car)
    1967 VW Beetle - 25 mpg

Past cars:
    1999 VW New Beetle - 26 mpg
    1996 Nissan Maxima - 23-25 mpg
    1991 Mazda Miata - 28-30 mpg

All my cars had/have manual transmission.

2. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Ummmm. I don't know mileage stuff for my cars. I just put in the money and look at how high my little gas meter goes up. yeah.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I just listened to the messages on my phone from week's ago for the first time this morning. I would like to thank CBM for putting "Wishes" in my head today. Thanks Man, you're the greatest!

4. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    The car that i drive is a 10 year old Mazada thing that doesn't have power windows and power locks. It had a CD player before someone came into my car, in front of my house, and stole the face plate of my cd player and my ash tray. I dont know the gas mileage about it but it is a cool car. Since I have been driving it I can not drive an automatic car anymore. I just need to have my left foot and right had doing something.

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks to all of the respondents. I think I've finally narrowed it to two cars and the final decision will depend on the family. I'm sort of scared and sort of excited.

6. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Hey SR. Just wanted to put "Wishes" in your head again. By the time you read this or reply to it..it will be there..mwahaha.

Wishes...

7. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Well, I did it.

my new car

Sorry, I could not figure out how to post just the pic.

8. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Wow, that's beautiful! Congratulations!

9. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow!! Cool DH!! Congratulations. You deserve a new car. I assume it's the Hybrid Highlander you were telling me about on Friday.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    FOR THOSE WITH SHORT ATTENTION SPANS, I GOT A NEW CAR AND I LIKE IT. YOU NEED NOT READ ANY MORE.

Yes, I bit the big bullet and did it. I did not get it on Friday though. I called around, visited several dealers, test drove a bunch of cars and was going to get the Maxima but my heart still yearned for the hybrid. Everyone who sent me a quote (including places in the boonies, D-B) quoted me at least MSRP or more. The one I got was less than MSRP and, except for the extra package that I really did not need, was what I was looking for. I thought about holding out for the blue one but realized that I could never keep a darker car looking as clean as it should be so I got the white one. I really like it. The thing about a new car that bugs me is I keep waiting for the first scratch or something like it. I know it's going to come, it's just a matter of time. Once it happens I won't worry about it as much but when it does happen I'll be sad.

My first scrape with my old Taurus was when it was about a month old. An old car came screaming in from my left and cut in front of me scraping his side to my bumper. I was pretty upset.

Any way, I feel pretty happy right now (until I have to make that first payment). I've been waiting about 2 years for one and it's really the first time I've ever gotten a car I wanted. My parents bought me my first car and though I wanted a Nissan 200SX, I got a Corolla. I was grateful to get a car but when my brother wanted an Accord, he got the Accord. At least I got to pick out my Corolla. My dad walked into the dealership with my sister and got the cheapest car on the lot (a Corolla with manual transmission and no A/C). My other sister never got a car. When it came to the Taurus, Mr. DH made strong suggestions regarding the type of car to get. So, now I feel happy.

11. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    That's a nice car! Congrats!

12. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Sweeeeeeet, a Hybrid Highlander! Lucky.

13. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Wow -- I like it very much! Does it come in green? Oh, who am I kidding; I'm not getting a new car any time soon :(.

Anyway congrats DH!!!

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks everyone. I really like it. It rides well and hopefully the mileage will justify the expense.

JB, no, it does not come in Yoda Green.

15. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Congrats on the new car. I don't want to see you and JR racing through the streets of Pasadena though.

16. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, since I'm now finally getting around to using my digital camera, here's a picture I took last Halloween. I hope you can see this (can click on it for a slightly larger view):

[image=http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/ValedaKor/Yoda.jpg]

BTW, these are really easy to carve. I'll make another this Halloween.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I started a blog on Friendster. Why you ask? I don't know because I want to air my innermost private thoughts for the whole world to see.

18. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Cool punkin VK!!

SR, good blog! I'll comment there... :)

19. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Yup that is pretty awesome.

20. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    That is really cool, VK! Nice job. We should have a Halloween party or something...

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    But what would we dress up as? I wonder.

On a side note, my friend emailed this to me. I don't think Ray Park has anything to worry about.

Lightsaber

22. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Are you being sarcastic? 'Cause, I mean, we don't *have* to wear Star Wars costumes... :)

23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Sarcasm, it is my way of life.

24. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Halloween is on Monday but I suppose a party the weekend before would be cool. I no longer have my hair though.

My hair before

My hair after

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Hair today gone tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.