main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. VI: The Lost Episode

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks to Mark (we really need a name for him) and JR, I have new mats and a cargo net for my new car. :)

2. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I like how you totally ignored SR there. Hahaha.

3. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    Yeah that was pretty awesome but it was a lot of hair.

4. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Sorry, SR say something? (Just pulling a SkyRyder). ;)

5. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    That's ok, you can ignore my silly posts if you want to. You're still my friend.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
  7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    My new roommate who is part time actor/producer/store clerk is in a new movie that opened this week The Beautiful Country but the cool thing is that Temuera Morrison and Bai Ling are also in it. According to Internet Movie Database he is credited as playing the part of Yuppie. He doesn't even think he made the cut so he just left for the Arclight to see the movie and to see if he is even in it.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Very cool, SR! I hope he made the cut.

9. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Don't forgt to get youyr free Slurpee today!!!!!

10. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Free Slurpee? Is that for everyone?
    Last time I got a Slurpee (Coca-Cola flavored). I made a huge mess at 7-11. The slurpee was ever expanding in the cup and just came spewwing out like a volcano (ok, it wasn't like a volcano, but it kept coming out of the dome lid). I ran over to the hot dog counter and grabbed a stack of napkins, only to drop the stack, scattering the napkins all over the place. I was still holding the spewwing Slurpee, so I left a trail of Coke Slurpee between the Slurpee Machine and the hot dog counter. It was very comedic. You had to have been there. Stuff like that always happens to me.
    7-11 rocks by the way. They're even better in Japan.

11. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I heard they aren't offering free slurpees any more.

12. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Why aren't there 7-11's downtown? I mean, really..

13. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm on Jury Duty today, so I'll be away most of today.

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    They are guilty! Kick'em in the shins and be done with it.

15. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    JR Why don't you try to get them to put one there if you want one so bad?

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I don't think our neck of the woods (Downtown LA) is safe enough for a 7-11.

The Island looks so awesome! Is Ewan doing any publicity for it?

17. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah, I guess too many homeless makes 7-11 not a good idea for downtown.

Jury Duty is one inefficient waste of time.

I don't know why, but I'm really sleepy.

I can't believe I'm off to Comic-Con tomorrow, and I'm still not really excited about it. I'm reading all this stuff about it, but I'm like..meh.

Post Office employees at the Annex Building downtown are an inefficient waste of time.

I don't know why I'm so negative today.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I guess you would be more into it if there was a bigger Star Wars focus this year. You need to expand your range of geekness to include other sci/fi stuff then you would be more into it I guess. The only thing holding me back from being super excited is that I really can't afford a trip where I know I'll go crazy and spend too much money on things I really don't need. The upside is I get to work some overtime soon and that will help make me feel better about it. The downside to that is I think I'm going to miss the softball game.

19. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    I would "expand my horizons" but my wife won't let me. Star Wars is all I can have. I have a somewhat sizeable collection of die-cast cars, actually, my dining room was my "car room", similar to my Star Wars room, but on a much smaller scale. All my car stuff is in storage now. I am looking forward to going to Comic-Con, don't get me wrong. It should be fun hanging out with you guys again...this time minus the cold weather, rain, and snow.

20. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    You can enjoy other aspects of Sci-Fi without making purchases. I watch(ed) Star Trek and the only things I buy from that series are the Christmas ornaments. I also like BSG and buy nothing there (though I am waiting for my DVD of the mini-series to be delivered. I am also a big fan of the original Twilight Zones but have made no purchases in that respect.

21. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    DH--I don't know of any publicity for The Island (he did talk about it a little the last time he was on Leno, which I have on my computer and can upload for you if you want). There's a 10-minute preview of the movie on MTV on Sunday night at 11pm (according to MTV's website...but it doesn't say what time zone, so that could mean anywhere from 8pm-11pm your time).

I get to see the movie tonight! Last night at work...wait, I'll write this in the "Lucky things at work" thread; it'll make Marshall happy. :)

22. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks for the update, ES. Why do you get to see it tonight? Man! I wanna see it. Major hotness in that movie, that's for darned sure!

23. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Is it me or have things changed? It's not the same anymore.

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    EVERYTHING (including my own post) are so damn boring. Nothing exciting to read.

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm going to ban JR if he doesn't get happy. Ok, I'm ready to go to the Con now. I'm all set. I just need to keep my spending in check. No Park's saber this year and no Gentle Giant anything. I bought the Leias a long time ago so they don't count. No clothes I have enough t-shrits. I just need food and I'm going to the store tonight to stock up on trail mix and crackers and stuff to eat while I'm there.

This should have gone in the Comic Con thread I guess, but who cares.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.