main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints, Anything Else: Ep. VI: The Lost Episode

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    JR, to be fair, your whole perspective has changed. Since joining the group, you have gotten married and are looking for a new place to live. Everything has changed.

On a sad note, my padawan's hamster, Hamtaro or Hambo as he was lovingly known as, passed away today. My padawan is quite upset. Hambo was about 2½ years old which is a pretty normal lifetime for a hamster. He will be missed by all who knew him.

2. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    RIP Hamtaro. :(

3. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We think it's a combination of the heat, his age, and the fact that he was a bit on the overweight side. My padawan was quite despondent last night.

4. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I'm sure Hamtaro will be greatly missed in the Haskett household.

In other news... I'm leaving for San Diego!

5. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    so sorry D-H about the Hamster. Pets are hard thing to lose.

6. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Mr. DH and my padawan had a little funeral for Hambo this morning. He was put to rest in a check box in the back yard, about a foot and a half down. My padawan wanted to bury him 6 feet down but Mr. DH protested. Any way, there's a paving stone to mark the spot (and to keep Chilly from digging him up). I think we will be in mourning for a few days.

7. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Belated sympathy wishes to your family DH. RIP Hamtaro.
    Time to get your Padawan another pet. I suggest rabbits. Make sure you get a male and a female, you will never run out of rabbits.

8. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    We actually had a family of rabbits. We thought we had two sisters and, well, they weren't. The mother kept killing the babies so we separated them so we wouldn't have any more. We may get another hamster later and name him Hammurabi. The funny thing is he doesn't name the fish until after they die.

9. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I had a dwarf hampster that lived long past its estimated life span. Oldly enough, my sister gave it the same name as your hampster DH.

10. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Hamtaro was a teddy bear or Syrian hamster. He wasn't fancy but he was pretty gentle, except for the time he chomped down on my hand and wouldn't let go. Any way, the name comes from a Japanese cartoon.

11. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    I had my hampster hanging from my finger once.

12. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Duku, for a minute I thought, "A moose once bit my sister" - a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Hammy once sunk his chompers into my hand and I had to shake him off. It hurt. I was holding him and for some reason he started getting squirmy so I was trying to keep him in control while walking back to his cage. I guess I squeezed too hard. I still have a small mark on my hand where he bit. I never told my padawan. He would never have handled him again.

DAMN JK ROWLING!

13. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Come and see the majestik moose. A moose once bit my sister.

Ah, the joys of Python.
    Poor hamster and poor DH.

I have no more pets, my dogs are both passed on. My last one, Falkore (Never ending story name), was a mixed Golden retriever and my mom still can't watch commercials or shows with golden retrievers on it.

14. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I think a group viewing of The Holy Grail is in order. I have the DVD if someone will provide the system!

15. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Word up. Our next meeting should be at a pizza place with DVD capabilities.

So here's my horror that is Space Mountain. The LINE not the ATTRACTIONS.
    On the 15th, that'd be yesterday, I came into work at around 10 to see a line stretching from Space mountain all the way to the Autopia and to the train station and back around towards our entrance.
    A 4 hour line.

A 4 hour line.
    It was the grand opening. There was a presentation at 11 and then the line went down. So did the ride. Twice. HAHA> Space mountain fastpasses are like gold. Lines are long. They were expected 60K today, Park Capacity tomorrow. All lines should be more than an hour wait.

DO NOT GO TO DISNEYLAND TOMORROW!

16. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks, APL. I wanted to go to see if they give any cool giveaways but I guess it's not worth it. Thanks.

17. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    They're only giving away Golden ear hats and pins. thats it. Pray for me tomorrow.

Pray.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I will. Do you think you can get me a pin? I'll pay for it.

19. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    We'll see. I have to be there bright and early at 715 and I better not get pulled to Guest control or I'll die.

If someone might loooooose their pin...hmmmmm. People drop that crap all the time.

20. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Well, I missed reading your warnings APL. I went to the 50th yesterday. I must say I had a great time. No real problems. I had no wait for any ride. Space Mountain was great. I pretty much walked right on in with five other members of LiningUp. We all had our fastpasses. I wasn't planning on going to DL, but I left San Diego pretty early and I was passing DL around 11am and I called some people who I knew were in there and they said I should try it so I caved and pulled in. Well, there was no line to get into the park. I just walked right on in and got my golden ears. I didn't stay for the fireworks as I knew that would probably be croweded and I had seen them so many times I figured I would just stay clear of the hub area. We even walked over to DCA for a while and saw their new show Turtle Talk. Very cute, but I could go my whole life without doing that again.

I guess what made it so easy was that we didn't do the big rides (except Space). We rode the Mark Twain, we did Big Thunder, California Screamin, the Steve Martin presentation at the Opera House.

21. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'm so jealous, SR! I'm glad you got to go though. Man!

22. AniPadmeLurker

Nov 30, 2004
    Well here's my review of yesterday.

I got to work at 7 am and found a gigantic line of people waiting to get their bags checked. People had apparently waited since 1 in the morning.
    So I was right about the first 3-4 hours inthe morning. Buuuuut after that we died. I have no idea why. I'm so sorry DH. You could've come later and had a blast. But people wanted to watch the ceremonies and go on Space. Of course DCA was vacant. The passholders left after teh beginning of the opening.

I basically did nothing for the first hour of my shift. No one wanted to ride Autopia.

I haven't seen Turtle Talk yet but saw a video of it and it looks cute. I love the Animation building. I couldn't find any pins that they gave to people. Not sure if they gave them out to people, DH. They did give out the commemorative ears...
    Once again, sorry. We had predicted park capacity the whole day, but it was only at capacity in the morning, then we were fine. People wussed out I guess.

And I do have one complaint. Fastpass people. Learn to use your fastpass correctly and at the right rides. I understand first time DLand patrons, but passholders? don't get a fastpass for a ride that has a wait time of 15 minutes, numbnuts. geez.

so the 50th wasn't that bad. and that's my report.

23. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Glad it wasn't a disaster, APL. I did say a prayer for you yesterday. Maybe it worked. I would not have been able to get out there until 2 or so any way so it's okay. I think if we had gone without our padawan there may have been trouble.

24. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Did I mention to anyone that my roommate's 60 something year old mother is staying with us and sleeping on my couch for a week? It feels weird. I had to go to bed early last night because she is sleeping in the living room. I can't even look at "important" things on the internet. Can I come stay with one of you until Friday?

Also, I'm mad at my roommate's dog. Sorry DB, but I'm not the biggest animal lover. Starbuck (the dog), used the restroom on my bedroom floor last night. This is the third time since he has moved in that the dog has gone on my floor. I normally have the door shut but because it was hot in the valley last night I opened the door right before going to bed just to let in some cool air from the ac in the living room (where granny is sleeping) and he snuck in and did his business. I've told my roommate over and over again that the dog needs to be on a schedule and that he should be let out at the same time every day and not just when he feels like letting him out. There is no disipline here either.

That's my complaint for today.

25. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I hate it when I can't see "important" websites at night, especially ones with free subscriptions. I hate feeling uncomfortable in my own home, so I know what you mean SR.

I would let you stay in my Star Wars room, but it's a mess since we're doing some remodeling at our place. Plus I don't want you visiting "important" websites at night. Especially since the computer's in our bedroom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.