main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints & Everything Else: Episode X: "No Time Like the Present!"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Man Tries to Pay With Bartender's Checks

STATESBORO, Ga., (AP) - A 21-year-old Georgia man was arrested after trying to buy drinks with a checkbook he found at a bar. Unfortunately for Jody Brian Minor of McRae, the checkbook's owner was the bartender serving him.

Minor was arrested on theft and forgery charges early Saturday morning, Statesboro Police Detective Terry Briley said.

He was "extraordinarily intoxicated," Briley said. Minor is out on bond, and his case will go before a grand jury in August, Briley said.

Minor was at Dingus Magee's bar when he found a checkbook and began paying his tab with it, Briley said. One of the bar's employees realized the checks belonged to a fellow bartender Hubble Beasley, who called police.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Well it was a good try at least. Moral of the story don't use a checkbook at the place you found it.

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] Wow, that was not a smart thing to do.

4. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    How drunk/ stoned/ or high was he?

5. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    "extraordinarily intoxicated"

6. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    COMPLAINT: I have nothing to contribute to any of the active threads. I'm can't go to Disneyland, and I'm not going to Comic-Con. I'm still sad ES and DB are leaving. I need something to cheer me up.

7. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I want to watch ROTS again soon.

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    I just finished Box # 94. I packed the FX Light Sabers in the extra large mirror boxes. Back to work.

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Hee Hee

[image=http://www.jacksonholestartrib.com/content/articles/2006/06/17/features/weekender/66a07472be45d08c8725718e0020fbc7.jpg]

10. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    NACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!

I may have tendonitis and the medication I was prescribed makes me sleepy and tired (sort of redundant). The rumors of my untimely demise are greatly exaggerated. I had some blood work done just in case it's not tendonitis. Any way, I've decided to only take the medicine at night so I'm not feeling and looking drugged out at work.

11. JediNoc

JediNoc Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2005
    Amber Alert over: DH has been located. She is alive, just extremely busy. So, we can call off that Missing Persons team we assembled (OK, it was more of a pair than a 'team') and wait patiently for her return to the boards.

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Collective LAFF *whew* !! Seriously, DH, you were missed, and we were worried!!

13. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks for your concerns. I appreciate being missed. My left hand is driving me crazy, though it feels slightly better since I just took the medicine a little while ago. I was starting to get concerned when my fingers would not straighten. My fear was that I was going to become Agent Smart's nemesis, "The Craw".

14. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Welcome back! We missed you!

15. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I was going to try to come back in a big way and take over the boards but opted against it as, well, I've lost interest and I need to get work done. See everyone soon!

16. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Glad you are back DH, feel better.

17. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Mystery solved. I was talking with JB yesterday that one reason I was glad she worked here now was that if something happened to the other one we would be able to let co-workers and message board people what was going on.

18. DarthHaskett

Apr 29, 2003
    I'd feel better if I could straighten out my fingers.

19. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Man! My co-worker always uses the speakerphone, so I have to listen to all his phone conversations. Using the speakerphone makes him talk louder too. Whoever invented the speakerphone.. damn you to hell!

20. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    get a whoopie cushion. That will solve the problem.

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Yeah the person on the other end would be able to hear you make noises it would be great.

22. CountDuku3126

CountDuku3126 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    you dont even need a whoopie cushion. Learn to make the farting noise with your hands. It took me a while but it annoys everyone around me and it is sooo fun.

23. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    That would be a sight to see, JR in a tie, at his desk making fart noises with his hands.

In other news, there's a contest for all y'all in the pacific forums.

24. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    The second that it looks like I might get a breather at work lately, someone thinks of something new to train me on. Arggh!

25. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    JB, I need to train you on how to do my job. That way I don't have to do it and you can do it. How does that sound? I'll be down at 4pm to start the training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.