Questions, Complaints & Everything Else: Episode X: "No Time Like the Present!"

Discussion in 'Los Angeles, CA' started by ValedaKor, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    At least you have a job. I have been jobless for 6 months because Disneyland decided to screw me over and not tell me that I needed a job for 6 months with 1 employer in order for me to come back.
  2. AniPadmeLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Complaining about the wacky weather today.

It was slightly cold...then a little hot and overcast, then WINDY! So windy we had an advisory at the DL and had to put away umbrellas. I had already done it before the call went out on the radio, because I didn't feel like having one blow over on me. Then it got hot, then cool, then it RAINED, little drops...then it got humid. Oy. End of the world? Maybe.
  3. JediNoc Jedi Master

star 3
    SW Battlefront II for PSP is too HARD for me. :( In the first intro task I'm supposed to kill 25 Jar Jars in just over five minutes. My record? 8. They keep blowing me up with detonators. Of course it doesn't help that the main controls are opposite what they were with HP IV. And I lack coordination and am terrible at video games. My brain, arms and fingers hurt. Can I please borrow someone's padawan so I can get past this intro task??
  4. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I noticed the crazy weather too. I even called JB to check it out outside it was so strange in Culver City.

JN, Battlefront II is hard even on the regular Playstation.
  5. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Everyone at work has been saying that crazy weather like this is "earthquake weather" but I am skeptical. I do wish it would get back to normal, though. This is crazy.
  6. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    There's no such thing as earthquake weather. If there was, we'd be predicting earthquakes for a while now.
  7. ValedaKor Force Ghost

star 5
    Sure there is, SJ, it's any kind of "crazy weather," like she said :).
  8. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    I apologize if this is a double posting. I posted a similar message last night, but I don't think it went through.

Did anyone else hear the thunderstorms Sunday night about midnight? They actually woke me up and were a little scary. You know the counting thing where you count between lightning and thunder to see how far away the lightning is? They were simultaneous! One clap of thunder was so loud it set off car alarms. I used to live back east and we had thunderstorms all the time --- but this was, quite possibly the most powerful I ever experienced. Ironically, I don't even know if it rained at all. (It was dry already the next morning.)
  9. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    VK2, I was driving NP home from DL and we saw the lightning when we got into L.A. When we drove into downtown, there was lightning that looked awfully close. It looked awesome though, but interesting because it didn't rain that night.

and VK1, S.Cal is all about wacky weather during any season, there would be earthquakes every time it was hot in December or on cold rainy days in july/august.
  10. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well coming from East Texas I would take California weather any day. I saw the lightning and heard the thunder as well. Oh how I miss it. So rare here.
  11. Varekei Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I kind of miss the thunderstorms, too. But, I would rather not have them wake me up in the middle of the night -- or have them so close they set off car alarms.
  12. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The summer thunderstorms in Minnesota can be really powerful and scary, but I always liked watching them because they were beautiful in a way. I didn't know it was storming here over the weekend; I just saw the lightning.
  13. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I dont know about this crazy weather because it has been all normal to me. No thunderstorms or anything. Just unbearible heat.

I have Battlefront II for the X-Box and it is really easy and I just own the computer when I use a hero, especially Ayala Secura. I would figure it would be the same for Playstationt 2 but I am a regular gamer and first-person shooters are what I normally play.
  14. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  15. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I suck at games too. I never finished Star Wars Bounty Hunter (Jango Fett game), even though I had all the cheat codes and the guide on how to finish it. I gave up on Gran Turismo 4 after a few days. I just don't have the time to play video games anymore.
  16. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I've been a loyal Nintendo follower since I was 5. I own all but Virtual Boy and GameCube systems. I've beaten every non-multiplayer Legend of Zelda games. I still need to pass the first Super Mario Brothers. I will wait in a midnight opening line when Wii comes out this November, and I will be purchasing Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess for Wii and Legend of Zelda:phantom Hourglass for DS.

Yes I'm a nerd, and what of it?o_O

I also own Super Return of the Jedi for SNES,I own a FamiCom (Japan Nintendo) version of Star Wars and I have Knights of the Old Republic for Xbox. It was a co worker's, but he got fired and never asked for it back.
  17. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Played Nintendo as a child, loyal Playstation player (when I have a chance) now. Wish I had XBox.
  18. NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I just unpacked my sweet orange N64. I [face_love] it. But I am a little ashamed to say that I haven't progressed beyond the N64. :p It's just such a fun system I don't feel the need to upgrade.
  19. JediRacer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have a PS2 and a GameCube. I rarely ever used the GameCube. I only have a few PS2 games. We actually have two PS2's, one is from Japan.

I'm in the office at 6pm because I'm meeting my friend Mark to go see Superman tonight at the Chinese Theater at 11PM! I have to kill some time, but I don't know where to go, I don't want to go home because it's too far. They turned off the AC, and it's getting pretty warm. I guess I should go wait at SR (not Skyryder).
  20. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4

Yes!!! NP will you marry me!?(j/k I'm just swooned over the idea you love your N64! Viva Nintendo! I will defend and be loyal to Nintendo till I die! I want to play Nintendo on my deathbed to prove I'm a die hard Nintendophile!)
  21. DarthHaskett Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'm no good at games either though my padawan is better than I'd like. JN, my padawan would gladly try to get you beyond that phase.

Shake and bake is earthquake weather. We're baking but so far no shaking.

My MG, which I love, is still having electrical problems. I took it out last night and my padawan and I got stuck at the dinner site. After AAA jumped my car, I took it driving to charge the battery. The headlights went out before I got home and I ended up on a very dark street with no way to see where the striping was so I called Mr. DH and followed him home. Bummer.

Oh, and my padawan has started taking Tae Kwon Do, seriously. My padawan had taken classes during summer school but now wants to take real classes. Mr. DH and I got a mini demonstration last night. Did I mention that my padawan is also taking fencing during summer school? Jedi Academy here we come! Watch out!
  22. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am impressed with your Padawan's skills DH. How does he have time to do all this?

Sorry about your car. I might be in the same boat with you there. Yesterday I found a big oil puddle under my car. I don't know for sure if the puddle belonged to me or not because it formed near the back right tire? I don't know if there would be anything in that location to have caused a puddle. I noticed it in the parking structure at work. I drove it to the gym fine. Checked underneath and then checked again when I got back from the gym an hour later. No leak was found. So maybe the puddle at work didn't belong to me? I don't know I'll check again this morning.
  23. Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    DH, it sounds like your alternator is dead. Here's a test, start the car make it's all warmed up and running, disconnect the positive terminal, if it dies, it's your alternator, if not, it looks like a wiring problem.
  24. CountDuku3126 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have almost all the Star Wars games that are out and all the ones I have I have beaten. All I do when I am at home is play video games. I don't get bored of them because I have a PS2, X-Box (which I am a really big fan of and want a 360), Gamecube, Nintendo DS and GBA, a NES, a Sega and my N64. I had an awesome orange controller for my N64 but it broke and I got really sad because I doubt I will be able to find one again.
  25. Skyryder Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow CD3126 that is quite a gaming passion you have there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.