main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA Questions, Complaints & Everything Else: Episode X: "No Time Like the Present!"

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by ValedaKor, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Awwwwww. They're SO cute. Carruthers is *way* cuter than Bucky.

I have no idea if they played "The Fly" on KROQ...not since I've been here (3 1/2 years), the song's older than that. It finally downloaded yesterday in the morning and I left it quietly on while being online and watching tv. I must have heard it 50 times yesterday/early early this morning! Today I put a bunch of songs on winamp on shuffle and have only heard it twice. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING SICK OF IT.

Poor JR. My scalp has burned before, on the part in my hair. Plus, my hair gets really really hot when the sun is intense.

2. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Those dogs are adorable.

3. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    I read all the active threads this morning and have no comment on any of them.

Basically, DH has cute dogs, JT likes cows, CBM is bringing fried ice to ES's, Adam Sandler plays basketball, there are religious holiday's this week.

Boy, aren't I in a great mood!

4. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    SR: you need a day off. Why don't you take Friday? I hereby give you permission. [face_mischief]

5. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    I'm taking Friday off. Not for religious reasons -- just because I can.
    Ahh, long weekend -- no alarm clock -- aahh!

6. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks JB. You can have that day off too if you like.

(tomorrow we don't work at Sony it's a holiday)

7. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    Anything else category: I got a new cell phone, and since my old one was in a company that doesn't participate in the transfer of numbers thingy-job, I have a new cell phone number. I sent out an email but I know I didn't get everybody (it was mostly business-related), so if you need or want my new cell phone number please PM me!

8. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks everyone. Juliet is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and Carruthers is a Beagle. Tonight was the first night of doggie training. My padawan and I both went with both dogs. The instructor asked if we were insane for getting two puppies at the same time. They behaved okay. Afterwards we took them for a walk to try to get them to poop and of course they waited until we got home! Aaarrrrgggghhhh!

I think JT likes cows best when they are really rare.

I wish I had the day off tomorrow too.

My main complaint today actually happened yesterday. I went to our supply order people and asked for a cushion for my back. My chair is deeper than most and I just wanted something for support. Well, our management analyst, a big jerk, started asking if i had back problems, what was my justification for the cushion, why should they buy it for me, etc. Finally, I just left. What an idiot. I hate my co-workers.

9. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I love Corgis! Someday I will get me one -- and that explains it all DH: Corgis are REALLY smart, and Beagles are, well, full of personality. Sorry about your back, but legally they have to get you that cushion for ergonomic reasons. Sorry about all the dead cows JT, but what about the pigs and chickens and fish? And the poor stalk of screaming asparagus? Okay, I'm too tired to be logical. 'Night all!

10. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    DH,
    Why don't you come work for our office! We're looking for good people. We buy stuff all the time for ourselves. We know how to "work the system", because we know we won't be able to get necessary equipment through the normal channels. Most people are cool, except for the few idiots, but those are in every office.

I have a complaint. JT, who is a cool guy, has put a nasty image in my mind for the whole day. I think I'll stop eating beef, chicken, pork, and any other warm blooded animal.

11. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DH, I'm sorry your dogs poop wrong, also you do need to get that support if you need it. Tell them you are going to make a phone call to CAL OSHA and ask them what they think. Of coarse you probably can't use the phone to make non business related calls.

JT will love this story. As a kid growing up we raised cows. I have seen many a cow shot, hung upside down to drain, skinned, packaged, cooked and then eaten. It's the whole circle of life thing.

12. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    One of the reasons why I stopped eating meat was because I heard through the normal span of a human life over 5,000 individual animals would die just so you could have eaten meat your whole life.

It is kind of sad.

SR, Blah Blah Blah Blah Texas sucks.

13. HardwareStoreJedi

HardwareStoreJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2006
    Kawaii! ^_^ Looks like a baby Ein! If you don't know what I'm talking about, watch a few episodes of Cowboy Bebop.

Congratulations on both your dogs! Remember to take them around to get spayed/neutered at 6 months to a year, of course...

14. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    So right now I'm in the middle of a Star Wars marathon. Since I am off today and my roommate out of town I thought I would watch all six movies and the clone wars cartoon. So far I've seen Eps 1 and 2 and the Clone Wars. Now I'm watching Eps 3. Padme is telling Anakin about raising the baby back home on Naboo. She knows the perfect place. Anakin tells her she is so beautiful. Love has blinded him. Now he is dreaming that Padme is in pain. He wakes up with his shirt off and is sweating.

You know the rest of the story. I'm thinking about getting a pizza and just finishing out the other three tonight. I would entertain guests, but I want to be alone. I didn't shower, brush my hair or my teeth this morning. In fact I'm pretty gross. While watching the Clone Wars, I also put on my armor. I like how it looks all but the thigh pieces I need them to be much tighter. I must have very tiny legs or something.

Ok now you know what I'm doing. I hope you all have a great day and I see you tomorrow JT.

Edit** I'm also on my third Rum and Coke. I love days off.

15. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    I've spent my day off cleaning and running errands. Right now the apartment is actually messier than when I started because I've got stuff out everywhere and I'm choosing which stuff get tossed, which goes to charity, which stuff goes to storage and which gets put away after re-organizing. We dropped off dry-cleaning and went out and bought a new couch cover and throws, and a new dish set, and some new trash cans. We also got a new coffee-maker and microwave, since both old ones were on their last legs. I'm not sure about the microwave -- it has a convection oven/grill thing in it, but the instructions are really minimal. I'm going to test it out on a piece of chicken that's been in the fridge too long that we're going to throw out anyway.

After I clean the bathroom, sort all my papers (and file them) and get all this junk put away (or out of the house) I'll feel ready for Spring! :) I love long weekends with no plans -- I really needed this time to catch up!

No Jack and cokes for me, though...but maybe a light beer later. Reward!!! (Your day sounds great SR)

16. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    See you tomorrow.

Shower please.

17. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Two letters for you JR: B.S.

See you Tuesday.

18. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    Obi-wan is telling Luke about Sand People. Luke just made the connection between the Jawas and the Droids and his Aunt and Uncle. They are dead now. Luke is pretty upset. They show their bodies burned. I really wish they would skip that part.

I ordered the pizza, it was meat lovers. It had both cow and pig on it. It was good.

19. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I took a half day today because my new mattress was delivered today. It's so comfy. I played with the kiddies but did not have chance to take them out for their walk because of the rain.

I brought a pillow into work today for my back. A woman walked into the elevator with me and gave me a funny look because of my pillow. I explained the reason for the pillow and she told me I should request a cushion. When I told her I was not allowed one without a back problem she gave me the strangest and most incredulous look. She really couldn't believe I was denied. Any way, I'm fed up with the adminstrative staff of my office. I don't think working in JR's office would be good since I don't like JR's Senior Engineer.

20. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
    SR: Has Luke met Yoda yet??? (mentally watching along...)

21. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    DH, should I order you a pillow from the Sony office catalog? I'll check to see if they have any.

In my marathon, Leia just killed Jabba and now they are escaping from Tatooine. Now Vader is talking to the Emperor. They are talking about Luke.

This morning, I did meals on wheels. Along with the dinners, we also delivered Easter baskets filled with goodies that were donated from Disney. The seniors really enjoyed them.

Oh now Luke is talking to Yoda, he is about to die. Sorry JB.

22. JediBith

Nov 6, 2001
  23. Skyryder

Apr 13, 2004
    I was going to post something here, but I forgot what it was.

:confused:

24. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    why u posting at 6:16 AM?

25. Jiltedtoo

Nov 18, 2002
    I hate Mondays.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.