main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions of rank and Dark Empire

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediMasterFrodoGamge, Nov 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterFrodoGamge

JediMasterFrodoGamge Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2002
    Has Luke ever made it past Commander? Han got to be a general, Lando got to be a general but Luke Skywalker always is a commander. The poor guy even goes over to the Empire and STILL only gets to be a Supreme Commander. Probably figured "Man, I can't even go Darth Vader and make it past commander, I'm out of here!" :)
    Also in Dark Empire 2 there is mention of Luke traveling to Nespis or something and facing "great difficulty" in getting Kam Solusar back from the dark side. Is this story represented anywhere in a comic book or are we just supposed to speculate?

2. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Luke was a general for a time, IIRC. And Luke and Kam story was supposed to be told in the comic Lightsider which ended up never getting made.

3. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    Luke was a general for a time, IIRC.

I don't recall where, but I am 99% sure you are correct. :)

4. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It was in the time of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.

5. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Supreme Commander is above general. Like 5 ranks I belive.

6. JediMasterFrodoGamge

Nov 2, 2002
    I'll have to go look for that, I was thinking after I posted that maybe he did make general for a while but then why did he go back to commander? What is IIRC? Maybe it was in the Thrawn trilogy?
    That bugs that they never did the Kam story. Now I have to spend the rest of my days wondering. OR I could just make up my own story! :D

Supreme Commander is above General? I didn't know that. I never was very good with ranks. thanks.

7. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    OR I could just make up my own story!

Here.

8. JediMasterFrodoGamge

Nov 2, 2002
    thank you, I'll start on it but it may be awhile, I have a huge test to study for and it's one of those where the whole semester is based on the midterm and the final. I'll let ya know when I'm done, I just know you'll be waiting with baited breath! :eek:P

9. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Luke was a General for six months, When he returned to the military, he took the rank of Commander. Probaly cause it has far less responsibilities attached to it.

It's int he Essential Chronology

10. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    I'm almost positive Luke is specifically referred to as a general for the first time in Dark Empire.

11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    You'd be wrong, then. Luke was promoted from commader to general about a year after the Battle of Endor, since he helped capture a Star Destroyer. Luke resigned less then a year later, after the conflict with Lord Shadowspawn. I believe it had something to do with needless death, which was the reason Luke was uncomfortable with the burden of command in the first place.

12. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    Dark Empire was an early piece of EU material from the revival. I was saying that DE was the first EU source (in Earth time) to mention Luke ever being a general.

I did not say he was a general in DE, just that the reference to him being or having been one was made.

13. Warlord_Ken

Warlord_Ken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Luke Skywalker was promoted to General, then resigned a short time later, as was mentioned earlier.

And Supreme Commander is WAY higher than General. It's like Commander-in-Chief (like GW Bush in the US).

Basically, the Supreme Commander is like the absolute dictator of the military. The top dog. In DE the only person the SC reported to was the Emperor himself.

In the IR I'm not sure how it works. I think SC Pellaeon is higher than the Moff Council.

Speaking of ranks and DE, where does an "Executor" (like Executor Sedriss) stand in the Imperial ranks (no pun intended)?

14. THE_Exar_Kun

THE_Exar_Kun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2002
    Executor is like supreme commander.Except Executor sounds ten times badder.

15. Jet-Eye-Blah

Jet-Eye-Blah Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Executor is the name of a SSD...

:p

Executor is basically another term for enforcer, the one that is suppose to carry out the Emperor's will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.