main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Questions on where to start with Star Wars Graphic Novels

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ConFetti, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ConFetti

ConFetti Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2014
    So I've been a fan of star wars for a long time, recently got really into the knights of the old republic games and the era, and the clone wars era has always been a favourite of mine. Now I'm learning more about the expanded universe and I have no ideas where to start? Preferably I want to keep things strictly to Graphic Novel mode since I'm not a big fan of having to collect comics, and I don't want to read anything from the times between Episode 4-6. So if anyone can help It would be much appreciated, because I don't want to delve into anything and find out there's a big chunk of story I end up missing out on because I have no idea abut chronology or anything.

2. Dirtyhippie4

Dirtyhippie4 Jedi Knight

May 1, 2014
    Sounds like you're interested in the KOTOR Omnibus and the Clone Wars Omnibus (by dark horse). Most Star Wars you can just pick right up and start with. Remember that they weren't written in chronological order, they're designed to stand on their own but also be part of the greater universe.

spicer likes this.
  3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Dirtyhippie4 beat me to it

4. ConFetti

ConFetti Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2014

I was looking at those but I wasn't sure if anything interlinked story wise or not, Good to know that for the most part they don't
    Thanks for the help :D

5. The Supreme Chancellor

The Supreme Chancellor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2012
    The Dark Empire and Crimson Empire trilogies are a good place to start.

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You might might also want to consider checking out the Quinlan Vos omnibus as it provides some key backstory elements to recurring characters in the Clone Wars era comic. But the CW stuff should work pretty decently on its own and not leave you hanging without some kind of story context of past events. And the KOTOR comics work on their own as well (though they hint at and expand on backstory events from the KOTOR game).

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    You might might also want to consider checking out the Quinlan Vos omnibus as it provides some key backstory elements to recurring characters in the Clone Wars era comic. But the CW stuff should work pretty decently on its own and not leave you hanging without some kind of story context of past events. And the KOTOR comics work on their own as well (though they hint at and expand on backstory events from the KOTOR game).

Iron_lord likes this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, you say you don't want to read anything from OT times, but if you're a Fett fan you might want to pick up the Boba Fett Omnibus. Some good stories in there. Also good is Jango Fett: Open Seasons.

9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Emissaries & Assassins omnibus comes with Open Seasons - as well as a whole bunch of other interesting comics.

The Star Wars Adventures omnibus has Boba Fett: The Ship of Fear.

And the Menace Revealed omnibus has a couple of comics focusing on Jango & Zam Wesell.