main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSpyder69

JediSpyder69 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    Not bad, I could go with that. I'm still absorbing everything, I'll probably have more 'what about this' kind of questions later. :)

2. Obladi_Oblada

Obladi_Oblada Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 18, 2005
    "About number 2, it could be possible that she was talking about her adoptive mother, not Padme."

This has been brought up many times before, but if Leia isn't telling Luke about their mother then it destroys the emotional weight of the scene. She has to be talking about Padme.

3. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    George was in the corridor outside Palps' opera box. He was in profile, facing left.

The end credits were unique.

4. Deyla_Heren

Deyla_Heren Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2005
    How did Padme die?

She lost the will to live. The droids said they had fixed every physical problem, but she had lost the will to live

5. TheEmperorsProtege

TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2004
    I dunno whether to think that Palps created anakin with the midichlorians. but it would be one explanation.... and starting a small debate ;)

he could do that he said. the onyl thing he couldnt do - or so he said - was keep people from dying. he told anaking they would have to work on that one together.

why did palps tell anakin that padme was dead? he couldnt have known that she actually died during childbirth could he? anakin could have run into her sooner or later IF she hadnt died in childbirth and hell knows what that would have done

-Mel

6. Dan26

Dan26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Okay I've seen the film twice already and here's a question for you all:

Anakin has his premonition about Padme, right? Then he goes to consult Yoda about it, without telling Yoda who the dream was about. Palpatine then uses Anakins fear of losing a loved one to seduce him to the dark side of the force.

How did Palpatine know that Padme was going to die? How did he know this? He says: "Learn to know the dark side of the force and you can save your wife from certain death"

Anakin didn't tell anyone except Yoda and Padme of his premonition, and yet Palpatine uses Anakin's premontion as the basis for seducing him.

7. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    yeah I have asked that earlier as well. it seems like maybe palps infused these visions to anakin to make him more open to the dark side and what it can do?

-Mel

8. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    I think it was more that Anakin's path drifting to the darkside caused the series of events. Almost set in stone since Anakin's attempt to change the future actually caused it.

And as for Palps knowing what Anakin's dream was about, remember in RotJ, nobody had told Vader that Luke had a sister. He still knew. I think it would have been childsplay for Palpy to pluck the thoughts from Anakin's mind.

9. Dan26

Dan26 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Childs play for Palpatine to pluck the thoughts from Anakin's mind? You're drawing a long bow there. Surely Yoda could have done that also.

There has to be another reason why Palpatine knew of Anakin's premonition.

10. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    I agree. thats why I believe he induced them

-Mel

11. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Was it conclusive that Yoda didn't know? I don't remember any lines saying he didn't. Of course, I am sleep deprived. :p

Frankly I think it's reaching rather to say Palps induced the vision. For it to be a naturally cyclical cause and effect has a beautiful irony to it. :D

12. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    given the power palps has I think its possible

-Mel

13. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Obi-wan had his memory erased too.. ;)

>- Am I really supposed to believe that Obi-wan doesn't recognize R2D2 twenty years later?

14. Death-Vader

Death-Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2002
    Here's something I can't figure out.

Why are Yoda and Bail already on Poliss Massa before Obi shows up with Padme? They have no reason to be there for no one else is injured. It just seemed weird that they were there and just waiting for Obi-Wan.

15. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    oh I thought it was just a secret base that bail had or knew or whatever

-Mel

16. jedi-killah

jedi-killah Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Does anyone know what Saleucami and Mygetto look like?

17. darth_calvin

darth_calvin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2002
    Here's my question: Why does everyone think Leia remembering her mother is a plot hole when Yoda clearly spells out how a force sensitive person can see things through the force?

My second question: How many times will this stupid question be brought to the boards by newbies?

18. TheEmperorsProtege

May 22, 2004
    so how come luke cant remember his mother?
    he is a force sensitive person as well :p

-Mel

19. darth_calvin

darth_calvin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2002
    Probably for the same reason Leia doesn't remember her real father. There's a specific connection there between father and son. It is only logical to assume there is one between mother and daughter as well. Why didn't Leia pick up on Vader as her father when he was force talking to Luke after the Bespin incident.

There could be numerous reasons, but the fact is that there is an explanation given as to how it could be possible. It is not a plot hole.

20. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    so how come luke cant remember his mother?

The way i see it is, Luke could sense Anakin in Vader, Leia couldn't. Leia could sense Padme, Luke couldn't.

- O_F

21. Darth_Magus

Darth_Magus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2002
    Yes Dan, I definately think that Sidious induced the dream.

My question is this...the Jedi state that they can't see the Dark Side, yet Mace says that the Dark Side surrounds Palpatine.

How does he know?

22. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    My second question: How many times will this stupid question be brought to the boards by newbies?

47,823,672,341 times.

We only have twelve more times, hang in there.

23. bamyoda

bamyoda Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    My Question is What did Padme Say when she died...Her last words when she was talking to Obi? I missed it and Its bugging me

24. JMax

JMax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

Each child remembers one thing from the final moments... Leia images and Luke words... Padme said: "There is still good in him"

25. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    The "your real mother" line in ROTJ convinced me that Leia knew she was adopted.

Anyways, the one question that's bugged me since 1980 wasn't answered, what the heck is that thing Yoda wears around his neck in ESB and ROTJ?

Also, when trying to find where Anakin has gone, Obi-Wan goes directly to Padme'. Did he know about them all along? If so, that opens up another can of worms.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.