Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    when did luke sense anakin in vader?
    he was quite surprised when vader broke the news to him and obiwan later verified it

-Mel
  2. darth_calvin Jedi Master

star 4
    47,823,672,341 times.

We only have twelve more times, hang in there.

he, he, he.
  3. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    I like how some people who have been on this board for years are coming on this forum and asking questions about and having problems with issues that are not clearly addressed in ROTS like we did not know those issues weren't addressed because we have only had the script of months now.

On top of that, people started seeing the movie weeks ago.

I guess some people just believe that there were going to be surprise answers to their questions or something. They were hoping that...

the script had some false pages,
    the people who claimed to have seen it were lying, or...
    Lucas was secretly working on and adjusting the film just days before May 19.
  4. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    interesting that some people just dont discuss questions and possible answers and just start bugging people....

-Mel
  5. JediPrettyBoy Jedi Master

star 4
    That's a pretty good thought, JMax.
  6. aPPmaSTer Force Ghost

star 3
    I don't know about Palpatine creating Anakin with the midichlorians, maybe Plagueis, his master did, since he's supposedly the one who knew the power. It's a very longshot anyway that it was a Sith that did it. Maybe it's just as Qui-Gon said and no more than a "vergence in the Force."

As for Polis Massa, it's not just a hospital, it's a base where the Jedi hid out for a while after Palpatine initiated Order 66. So it's only natural that they'd be there with the others before Obi-Wan arrives.

There I answered a couple questions, and now I can ask a hundered more, muahahahaha. Hey let's make it like that, everyone who posts has to post an answer to a question previously asked and then ask whatever he/she wants. It would make things more efficient!

My questions: version 2

1) Why did Yoda give up and go into exile so easily? He was right next to Sidious and should have known that to get this close to him again would be impossible from then on.

2) Why didn't Obi-Wan and Anakin melt, being that close to lava and all?

3) Did anybody else go into a deep belly laugh like I did when they heard the line "My new apprentice, Darth Vader, will come to take care of you". LOL!!

4) Did anybody else feel that Haden did an amazing job in ROTS in comparison to AOTC?

5) Did anybody else think that Ewan did a crappy job in ROTS compared to TPM and AOTC?

6) How did they decide about the babies' fates so easily, and most important of all...how come Leia gets superstar treatment on a resort planet, whereas Luke gets to be the next thing to a slave on a scorched desert world?? That's unfair...

That's all, I'm going for my second round now, c ya later!

Boy these are gonna be days long remembered...
  7. catcha Jedi Padawan

I have some similar questions to the rest of you:

1. Padme losing her will to live can lead to death? Is that possible by just losing her will and not through other means such as suicide?

2. Yoda gave up fighting? Why after falling he did not climb up and fight again? broken back bone?

3. Why C3PO and R2D2 resist when they are about to have their memory erased? even though they are suppose to be droids.

4. The learn how to be immortal thing by Yoda? Obi-Wan only used it when he was killed by Darth Vader and became one with the force rite?

I hope that my questions do get answered.
  8. Darth Sin Force Ghost

star 5
    Why didn't we hear Yoda and Obi-Wan speak of training the twins some day.

I know Yoda said, "When the time is right" blah blah, but I was expecting to hear them speak of the twins being able to defeat the Emperor some day in the future, and whether they would be able to do so.

I know we know, but it did not seem right on film with this conversation left out.

Darth Sin! :cool:
  9. TalusSarn Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm all for trying to wrap up all the lose ends, but some of you seem to be really reaching to find plot holes. I'm amazed that in cases where there might be a question, that anyone would be so bold as to believe that Lucas messed up. I can't imagine anyone knowing more about Lucas than Lucas himself. I tend toward believing there is always a reasonable explanation, until I hear Lucas himself say there wasn't. I trust the man.

1) Why did Yoda give up and go into exile so easily? He was right next to Sidious and should have known that to get this close to him again would be impossible from then on.

Live to fight another day. I think Lucas was showing us that Yoda felt he could not beat the emperor alone. He said that he'd failed. We've never heard Yoda talk like that, and I think the point was to show that he really felt defeated and powerless against Sidious. It was a very sad moment. What else would explain such an amazing Jedi hiding, other than out of recognition he can't win. If he had tried to fight him again, and lost, he would never have been there to prepare Luke to turn Anakin, and thereby bring balance to the force. Exile was Yoda's destiny.

2) Why didn't Obi-Wan and Anakin melt, being that close to lava and all?
    The closest anyone ever got was Anakins stubby legs, and since only he caught on fire then, I'd say that's how close one would have to be to catch on fire. When Anakin and Obi-wan were fighting, they were hovering much higher above the lava.

4) Did anybody else feel that Haden did an amazing job in ROTS in comparison to AOTC?
    I thought Hayden did a very good job. Personally, after wathcing ATOC on DVD several times, I began to think that Hayden had done a good job in that one too. I just think his role was to play an annoying, pain in the ass teenager, and he did exactly that, and so we didn't like him.

5) Did anybody else think that Ewan did a crappy job in ROTS compared to TPM and AOTC?
    Nope. I thought he did his best job of all. In the last two movies, he was not a character I really cared for, and I didn't think he came across as a great jedi. But in this movie, he was just awesome.

6) What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?
    I'm surprised at all the debate on this. Quite obviously, neither child could remember padme, as she was dead before either would have any memories. You can look at that from the perspective of, "It must be a mistake," or you can look at it the way we saw it. Padme died in childbirth therefore no child could remember her mother. Therefore, when Leia talks about remembering her mother, she must have remembered her adopted mother. Yes, Leia and Luke knew they were adopted. But did they know when? Would either Luke or Leia have any idea that Padme died in child birth. When Leia tells look she remembers her mother, she might think she remembers Padme, but we now know, that if that's what she thinks, then she is wrong. She couldn't have.

7) Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flames without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?
    While watching Anakin in flames and suffering all I could think was, "Obi-Wan don't you dare kill him. He does not deserve the easy way out." After the killing rampage he went on, including defenseless children, he deserved far worse.

8) How did the little youngling last longer than Jedi masters against the clones?
    How cool was that! Hey, I'm pretty sure that Obi-Wan, Mace, Yoda, and a bunch of the other great jedis, could have done that well as a kid too. Remember, that the other Jedi didn't last long because they were taken by surprise. The element of surprise can make a big difference. This kid had obviously seen what happened from a safe location, and then acted, and he also took the clone troopers by surprise.

As I said at the beginning, I approach these things with the paradigm that Lucas knows this stuff better than we do, and there must be reasons and explanations for apparent plot holes; we just have to find them. I'm not saying Lucas is perfect, but let's start
  10. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Did anyone see those magic numbers 1138 anywhere in the movie?
  11. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Padme died in childbirth therefore no child could remember her mother. Therefore, when Leia talks about remembering her mother, she must have remembered her adopted mother. Yes, Leia and Luke knew they were adopted. But did they know when? Would either Luke or Leia have any idea that Padme died in child birth. When Leia tells look she remembers her mother, she might think she remembers Padme, but we now know, that if that's what she thinks, then she is wrong. She couldn't have.

this takes so much away from leia saying that line about her mother. I cant stand the thought she was actually talking about her adoptive mother. and lets not forget that Luke asks her about her REAL mother ;)

-Mel
  12. Livengood Jedi Padawan

Okay here is my two cents on the "leia remembering padme thing"

I always thought her remembering her mother was to show her force potential. It is because of the force that she is able to remember images.

Yoda says that through the force you can see "old friends long gone"

Now this brings up the question of "why doesn?t luke remember her?"

Here's my idea. (it may be somewhat of a stretch, i know):

If you look at the close-up of Leia in ROTS her eyes are wide open.
    If you look at the close-up of Luke in ROTS his eyes are closed.

You can't remember what you never saw.

What do you think?
  13. Jovieve Jedi Master

star 4
    Why did Yoda give up and go into exile so easily? He was right next to Sidious and should have known that to get this close to him again would be impossible from then on.

The magic words, all together now: Sidious had the high ground. The fight was over.
  14. Drummer_etc Jedi Padawan

I've got a few questions/interesting observations of my own...

1. I thought that Obi-Wan didn't know about Leia. In one movie from the old trilogy, "ROTJ" I believe, Obi-Wan and Yoda are speaking and Obi-Wan says something like "that boy's our only hope" then Yoda says something similar to "No...There is another..." Therefore, one would think that Kenobi only knows about Luke, not Leia. Plot hole or what?

2. In "ANH", when Han, Luke, Chewey, and Kenobi are all at the Cantina, and Luke flips out at Han for the price of the ship, Luke says something like "For that price we could practically buy our own ship!" and then Han replies with something similar to "Yeah, but who's gonna fly it? You?" and they get into that argument. Clearly though, in "ROTS", Obi-Wan is a pretty solid pilot, so couldn't he have been a pilot? I know he hates flying and all, but, just some little picky thing we noticed. Agree?

3. Did anyone else notice the "Millenium Falcon?" Maybe it was just some other Corellian ship, but I clearly saw something that looked identical to it in the lower right portion of the screen during the scene in the beginning after Anakin, Kenobi, R2, and Palpatine crash land the droid ship and they show the "transport taxi-ship" with Anakin and Kenobi inside landing in that landing bay area. It looks as if the "Falcon" is landing in the lower right part of the screen. Anyone else?

4. Any "South Park" fans out there? I only ask this because if you are one, and you remember the episode with Mr. Garrison's fast transportation invention, "IT", when they are making fun of the Segway Scooter, didn't the little wheel thing that Grievous rode on while Kenobi chased him on Utapu remind you of it? My friends and I were all cracking up when we saw it.

5. Also, I thought Ewan did a great job. Did he remind anyone else exactly of Sir Alec Guiness? I thought he nailed the role when he dished out the "Well hello there" line just as Sir Alec Guiness did.

Overall, I thought the movie was great. Lucas at his best.

Thoughts? Replies?
  15. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    noticed that as well. and later on when they are delivered to their new homes its the oposite.

-Mel
  16. Buddha_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    I have a question.

First of all, I love the movie to no frigging end. But there is one thing that bothered me. Its when Palpatine says "I sense Lord Vader is in trouble."

What is the point to have to tell us that? Up to that point, the duel was killer, and could have gone either way (yes I know we all knew that Vader would lose, but in terms of story and to the younglings who will be watching these movies in the proper sequenced order), why the need to tell the audience that? After he says that, ts like "Ok I guess Obi Wan will win now" and drama over. I thought it was strange.

You guys have an explanation or comment on this?
  17. Dom_OO7 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alright, regarding the why doesnt Luke remember his mother when Leia does question....although they are twins, they are two differenct people, just because one doesnt remember it and the other does, doesnt mean its a PLOT HOLE OK!?!?!?!?!!??! People, come on stop this and think!
  18. CruzaderKnight Jedi Padawan

I am still pissed at yoda for going into exile and leaving all these innocent people in the emperors hand. we dont know how many got killed, but this dude destroyed alderaan. so he will probably be responsible for the deaths of millions or billions... how could yoda just sit on dagobah and do nothing?

also why didnt they train luke or leia to be their last best hope earlier?

and why when in hiding give Luke his fathers name SKYWALKER? wouldnt that make it much much easier for vader to find him?

as well as giving leia to bail organa. that wont make her safe. he is a senator and she will later become a senator himself, but yet NOW they are worried about getting them as far away as possible from the emperor and vader. doesnt make sense...

-Mel

For the Yoda thing, I think that's kinda've like trying to assasinate a presidential candidate before he's elected, and failing to do so. Think about it, once that guy becomes president (Palpatine is already emperor), he KNOWS you're alive and out to get him. So security will be up at all times and he will never let you near him again.

The question of why Yoda or Obi-Wan didn't train Luke or Leia earlier bothered me too. I mean, had Obi-Wan trained Luke since birth, that kid would have BEASTED the Emperor and Darth Vader.

My explanation is that they were afraid somehow the emperor or vader would find obi-wan or yoda and if the kids were with them, they would surely die or be turned, which was worse.

Furthermore, perhaps Obi-Wan meant to train Luke when he felt that the Empire had given up trying to find him, but Owen grew attached to Luke and didn't want him becoming a Jedi. For Leia, it just would be impossible for Yoda or Obi-Wan to contact Bail without being caught. Again, the Organas would have grown close to their daughter, and would not have wanted her taken away by prime fugitves of the Empire.

And for Skywalker last name, remember it was Shmi's last name. One possibility is that Skywalker could be a common Tatooine name, since Shmi was just a normal person (granted, a slave). But say they found Owen and Beru with Luke, Vader didn't know his son's name, so they could have said Luke was Shmi and Krieg's son when they were married. (Making Vader assume they were half-brothers, so that might not work)

Giving Leia to Bail was just a back-up, since, like i said before, they were probably assuming Yoda and Obi-Wan would be caught. Even though she's near the politics, she's nowhere near Yoda and Obi-Wan. The only person who knew of their hiding was Bail. Why not just give it to him instead of a random person to entrust Anakin's daughter to? Also, Bail probably sent Leia to Obi-Wan in ANH assuming Obi-Wan could now train her.

I'm thinking, that between ROTS and ANH, there was no reason for them to train Luke or Leia, because the Jedi were being killed out and sought. By ANH, that's over, and the Rebellion was starting. NOW you start training the kids now that an organized Rebellion can back them up, instead of relying on just two kids to take on an Empire.

19. Jovieve Jedi Master

star 4
    First of all, I love the movie to no frigging end. But there is one thing that bothered me. Its when Palpatine says "I sense Lord Vader is in trouble."

What is the point to have to tell us that?

Obi-Wan left Anakin to die and he would have.

That line tells you Anakin is going to be rescued by Sidious.
  20. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Alright, regarding the why doesnt Luke remember his mother when Leia does question....although they are twins, they are two differenct people, just because one doesnt remember it and the other does, doesnt mean its a PLOT HOLE OK!?!?!?!?!!??! People, come on stop this and think!
    if that works for you as an explanation - fine
    for some of us it doesnt and we wanna discuss. just dont read those posts then ;)

I think that line by the emperor was needed to justify why he would go to mustafar himself and look for anakin

-Mel

PS I think yoda and obiwan were afraid vader and the emperor would sense the twins. so leia isnt safe with e the organas. them being senatorial officials after all.
  21. WeaponX195 Jedi Padawan

All of these questions, are, to me, secondary to the issue of the clone army. I've read Labrynth of Evil, and understand this explanation of things, but was sort of hoping for an in-movie explanation, besides the whole general "Palpatine was behind everything". I understand a long, drawn-out explanation would have sort of messed things up, but still...I would like a better explanation of the Syfo-Diyas mystery.
  22. CruzaderKnight Jedi Padawan

if that works for you as an explanation - fine
    for some of us it doesnt and we wanna discuss. just dont read those posts then

is that is response to my post?
  23. WeaponX195 Jedi Padawan

Oh, and as for Padme dying of despair, i think it's great. If any of you are Tolkien fans you must remember people dying all the time of despair and sadness in middle-earth. The Silmarillion is full of people dying of stuff like that. I think it's a legit way to go.
  24. Yoda_Gracie Jedi Padawan

I've had some of the same questions and have come up with some ideas for some.

Why didn't Yoda continure to fight the Emperor?

Why did Mace beat the Emperor and Yoda couldn't?

Why didn't Obi-Wan finish Anaking?
    Although now I think I'm just going with the 'he couldn't bring himself to do it explanation.'

Why didn't Obi-Wan and Yoda go togeather to kill Palp?
    I was thinking it was because they felt the risk that they would die was to great since they need to live to train Luke. But I think the two of them had a better chance than just Luke. Or maybe they couldn't get to him because of security as some have suggested.

How does Leaha remember her mother?
    First of all I can't believe how many people can't remember that Luke emphasized her REAL mother. And the only explanation I can come up with is somehow through the force she sensed that she was pretty but sad. Remeber she said just imaages really. And Luke just never sensed these images.

The whole Darth Plagues thing...I think he created Anakin before his apprentice, who I think was Palps, killed him. And thats why Anaking was so complled to the dark side.
  25. TheEmperorsProtege Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    no to dooms ;)
    or did you post the same as he did that I was referring to ? :D

-Mel
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.