main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    his role is uncreditied. Pabs told us it would be in one of his "ask Pabs" entries.

2. Jedifer

Jedifer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    "Is Anakin crying after the Mustafar killing. I'm not sure of what I saw on the screen. There is a shot of him just before Padmé's arrival where he seems sick and I think has tears over his face. Is he crying, weeping?"

Yes. If you look at the face *during* the battle he seems very distraught, too.

3. tessasolo

tessasolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    If leia belived she was still an organa did she not realise the fact they are clearly not the same race. no wonder some how she's always known

4. Queen_Yoda

Queen_Yoda Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    We can accept Anakin not having a dad, because we don't have any reason (dialog or scences) to dispute it. But Leia, clearly states 'I remember images of my mother, mostly feelings, she was very beautiful and KIND. I remeber her looking sad."

A 2 minute old baby can't remember KIND.
    So, PLOT HOLE!!!!

5. movieaholic

movieaholic Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    Here is my question...

Dooku was a great master who taught Qui Gon who then taught Obi who taught Anikan.

See how powerful all of them are?

SO, my question is... where the hell is Windus apprentice or Yoda or anyone else on the council? Why arnt they so great?

6. Webnutt

Webnutt Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    questions...hmmmmmm

1) With the character's stature, why couldn't have Mace Windu's role been better?

2) Did Dooku have to get owned so easily and quickly?

3) Didn't we all know Grievous would suck?

4) Why were the duels shot so close?

5) Didn't we all want to see Mace display better lightsabre skill?

6)Was I the only one smiling every time Palps spoke?

7. Tebessa

Tebessa Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    My question is;

Is there also an underlying meaning when these things occur in ROTS?;

1) Anakin sensing Obi Wan has visited Padme and questioning her.

2) Obi-Wan stowing away aboard Padme' ship and this pisses Anakin off.

Am I reading into things to much or is the plot also insinuating that Anakin thinks that there is something going on between Padme and Obi-Wan? and that is one of the reasons he 'Hates him' (besides having his legs and arms chopped off etc by him of course) Does he think Obi is after his woman or that the two of them have been up to no good behind his back?

I suppose the dark side makes you paranoid and jealous too.

8. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    An answer to Queen yoda. she rememebred it thoriygh the force.

9. jedijake719

jedijake719 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    I don't think that Lucas wants a love-triangle concept to be there. If we read it as such, then it's up to us. Lucas leaves a LOT up to us for discussion.

However, I think the paranoia idea is certainly in place. Part of the dark side is to feel fear and paranoia. As Anakin falls further and further into Palpatine's "spell", he feels that everyone is out to get him. So I think it is more like that.

I get the impression that Anakin is supposed to feel like "I have done everything for you Padme-I have spared lives and made incredible sacrifices just to help you stay alive and all you can do to show your love is to lie to me and bring Obi-Wan here to kill me-HOW dare you." Of course, that's because his mind is so messed up on the dark side.

I hope that helps.

Here's my question:

After Vader realizes he killed Padme, he thinks it is impossible. He says she was alive.

Does that mean he knows he didn't kill Padme?

Also, if he feels that Palpatine didn't keep up his end of the bargain, why does Vader continue to serve him? Vader seems to not want to live. Does Palpatine put something in his armor that forces Vader to be loyal to him?

10. Rebcom

Rebcom Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    I have a question:

How did the Jedi Obtain the Security Hologram of Anakin pledging allegiance to the Dark side? this happened in Palp's office, did it not?

11. Darth_Dayron

Darth_Dayron Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    For anyone using the Force as Leia's excuse for remembering her mother (assuming it's Padme she's referring to), why doesn't Vader sense anything from Leia in connection to the force? It seems that, through the whole course of the series, Jedi and Sith alike can feel this person... feel that... feel the force here, there. Why not when Leia is standing right in front of him?

12. Darth_Dayron

Darth_Dayron Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    "How did the Jedi Obtain the Security Hologram of Anakin pledging allegiance to the Dark side? this happened in Palp's office, did it not?"

The Security Hologram Obi-Wan views is from the Temple. Anakin pledges himself to the darkside in the Chancellors office.

13. Queen_Yoda

May 22, 2005
    MY QUESTION

When did Bail Organa become royalty? After the fate of the babies is quickly settled, Bail leaves Yoda & Obi-Wan. In the hallway, the guard refers to him as "Your highness" Then Bail gives the order to have the droids turned into Protocol droids.
    Was he always Royal and a senator too?

14. Queen_Yoda

May 22, 2005
    MY QUESTION

When did Bail Organa become royalty? After the fate of the babies is quickly settled, Bail leaves Yoda & Obi-Wan. In the hallway, the guard refers to him as "Your highness" Then Bail gives the order to have the droids turned into Protocol droids.
    Was he always Royal and a senator too?

15. STARKILLER1974

STARKILLER1974 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    Anakin is crying, very subtle but he is... maybe he knows what is to come.

16. STARKILLER1974

STARKILLER1974 Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    I think that particular hologram recording may have come from Palpatine visiting the Jedi Temple after the massacre. It is a different scene from Anakin pledging his allegiance to the Sith.

17. Tebessa

Tebessa Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Ah yes, why didn't Darth Vader 'sense' that Leia was somehow special? He could 'sense' Luke out in space, surely he would 'sense' his own daughter too, standing right infront of him?

I think that George Lucas did a good job of getting an actress (Natalie Portman)to portray Leia's mother to look very much like Carrie Fisher \ Princess Leia too.
    sooo, taking that into account, wouldn't Vader have had a slight heart attack \ shock when seeing this young woman who looks...um, remarkably like the woman he married and made tons of sacrifices for? hmmmmm.

Maybe he gave her a real quizzical look [face_hypnotized] but we couldn't see it because he had his mask on.

18. HMN4389

HMN4389 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2004
    I just wanna clear up the "Size matters not" thing. The midichlorians are in a person, and so if they were cut in half, then yes they are weaker (Darth Vader). But if Yoda became twice as big as he was, he wouldnt be any stronger, bc the midis are in them. So Vader is weaker, bc he has to be on life support, but that doesnt mean a bigger person means they can use the force better, just that if parts of your natural body is destroyed so is the force use capabilities. Get it?

19. Handmaiden-

Handmaiden- Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    I've always agreed about the Vader/Leia thing. The same hairdo, that in fact Padme was sporting when she told Anakin she was pregnant! You'd think that would have sparked something, not to mention that Leia resembles Padme, of course.

Am I reading into things to much or is the plot also insinuating that Anakin thinks that there is something going on between Padme and Obi-Wan?

I think it was implied. Remember, after the choke, Anakin screams at Obi Wan, "You will not take her from me!" He is definitely insecure about Obi Wan and Padme becoming close. He knows where his wife's loyalties lie, and they are the same as Obi Wan's. Plus, the bad dream he had where he sees Padme in despair, and for some reason that Anakin can't understand, Obi Wan is there with her in the dream.

Makes a man think.

20. Badnews

Badnews Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    I was trying to research some of the these questions and it brought me to a site called supershadow. Does anyone know if the GL Q&A is real?

21. Trifecta

Trifecta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    I thought about it as well, and then figured that she could be referring to her mother Organa, and not Naberrie. The story doesn't say whether mother Organa dies, though. I hope Lucas clarifies this, or admits that it is a plot hole, whichever is true.

It must be a plot hole; an instance where the vague outline of the backstory and Padme's sole mention in the Original trilogy collide with the now complete backstory.

Luke is clearly desperate for some information about his mother (odd that he never questions obiwan or yoda about her -- it seems someone in his position would want info about both parents) in that ROTJ scene. If Leia is recalling her adoptive mother, then it destroys that entire section of that scene, because Luke will think he is getting and Leia would think that she is giving info on Mrs Skywalker, while in truth he would be getting it on Mrs Organa.

Plus, he asked her specifically "your real mother..."

22. El_Wookiee

El_Wookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    "I was trying to research some of the these questions and it brought me to a site called supershadow. Does anyone know if the GL Q&A is real? "

Supershadow is a bunch of BS, you should just avoid that site from now on.

23. Badnews

Badnews Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    thank you

24. Trifecta

Trifecta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Ah yes, why didn't Darth Vader 'sense' that Leia was somehow special? He could 'sense' Luke out in space, surely he would 'sense' his own daughter too, standing right infront of him?

I think that George Lucas did a good job of getting an actress (Natalie Portman)to portray Leia's mother to look very much like Carrie Fisher \ Princess Leia too.
    sooo, taking that into account, wouldn't Vader have had a slight heart attack \ shock when seeing this young woman who looks...um, remarkably like the woman he married and made tons of sacrifices for? hmmmmm.

I think that while envisioning Star Wars, Lucas may have considered making it so that Luke and Leia were siblings. But no matter what Lucas says to the contrary, you can't convince me otherwise that at the time of writing and filming the final draft of the first film he DID NOT intend for them to be brother and sister.

There is the creepy-in-hindsight tv spot that plays up the romantic angle between them.

And there is the inexplicable lack of recognition by Vader for his daughter, who as was already stated, looks like his dear departed wife.

25. movieaholic

movieaholic Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    since no one answered my other question... I will aks another?!

Does the force create the SITH as well?
    Palps was not Jedi... sho who created him?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.