main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    The Force only created Anakin, that's it, nobody else. The Sith usually train they're apprentice from birth, at least that was the case with Darth Maul. I'm not sure about the others before Maul but I'm going to say they did the same thing.

2. AstatheHutt

AstatheHutt Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    Jedi become evil and become the Sith... Also, Darth Sidious is a Really bad mentor, 'cause all of his pupils die in, like, a single war:
    First, Darth Maul is killed by Obi-Wan.
    Second, Darth Tyranus is adopted (Asaji is His pupil) and He dies.
    Then Anakin gets all charred to a crisp...

What is abit confusing is the role Sifo Deyas plays... The Jedi who ordered up the clone army... He Had to be sith (possibly the First-first Sidious pupil), and did he Know Palps/Sid were the same person and would use the clone army to destroy the Jedi Order (Order 66 after all...)

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nope. Palpatine told Sifo-Dyas to order the Clone Army for the Republic. He had no idea that Palpatine was a Sith. Palpatine then told Dooku to prove himself, by killing Sifo-Dyas. Jango was given the instructions for Order 66, by Dooku on Bogden.

Sifo-Dyas was tricked into doing the Dark Lord's bidding.

I think that while envisioning Star Wars, Lucas may have considered making it so that Luke and Leia were siblings. But no matter what Lucas says to the contrary, you can't convince me otherwise that at the time of writing and filming the final draft of the first film he DID NOT intend for them to be brother and sister.

"At the center of the movie is a lot of exposition, it's a lot of explaining what has happened, and why things are the way they are. In this particular case, there is a whole issue of Luke's sister, and you know, the fact that they were twins. Which is an element that has to be revealed, which comes in later, in terms of who is the 'other' that was talked about in Empire Strikes Back. And how could that person become as powerful as Luke? Well obviously if they were twins, then if she were trained, then, she has the same abilities as Luke has. That becomes an important issue, especially in terms of resolving all the love triangles."

-- George Lucas, ROTJ DVD Commentary.

Lucas had intended from 1974 to have a sibling with Luke, but it didn't become Leia until ROTJ. The role that Leia plays in ANH, was originally Luke's older brother Deak, in the second draft of ANH. In TESB, Lucas dropped all scenes where Luke and Leia that are intimate, save for the infamous kiss. And if you recall from earlier in the film, Leia said that she'd kiss a Wookiee before she'd kiss Han. Since she's not interested in kissing a walking carpet, she went one better. It was to make Han jealous, nothing more.

People forget that.

By ROTJ, Lucas settled on making them related, since it would resolve the relationship issues.

4. ElizabethMcKeeman

ElizabethMcKeeman Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Movieoholic -

Dooku was Yoda's Padawan. Yoda is *old*, so he has LOTS of Padawan. It might be that all of them learned from Yoda in one way or the other. At some point Yoda starts teaching all the younger Jedi, before they get to the Padawan stage.

I'm not aware of Mace having a Padawan in the movies yet.

Now, IMO, greatness as a Jedi is not all wrapped up in who teaches you. It has a lot to do with how well you learn and how strong the connection you have to the Force. It's like this - we could have been taught by Plato but if we speak ancient Latin or Greek we wouldn't learn a thing. Even if we spoke those languages we'd still have a hard time if we couldn't read or write in Latin/Greek.

5. syrus_tyrath

syrus_tyrath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    does anyone know the name of the planet ki adi mundi was on when he got smoked?

6. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    syrus_tyrath posted on 11/30/03 1:28pm
    does anyone know the name of the planet ki adi mundi was on when he got smoked? [hr][/blockquote]

Mygeeto.

7. syrus_tyrath

syrus_tyrath Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2005
    thankso vero mucho

8. Vader666

Vader666 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 3, 2003
    I couldn't quite understand how Anakin's left arm was chopped off along with his legs. Did anyone see how Obi-Wan swung that lightsaber to do that?

9. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    syrus_tyrath posted on 11/30/03 1:28pm does anyone know the name of the planet ki adi mundi was on when he got smoked?

Mygeeto.

Are you sure? I thought one my books (either Art of Star Wars or Making of) said Cato Nemoidea.

10. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    Plo Koon dies on (or in the skies above) Cato Nemoidia.

11. dindadarth

dindadarth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    (1) Sith go by pair: a Master and an Apprentice.
    (2) Palps/Sidious tell Dooku they need to turn Anakin

Can't Dooku put two and two together and go ... "Hold on a minute. If you want a new Apprentice, what am I to become?"

12. Shikoma

Shikoma Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2005
    QUESTION ABOUT ROTS: Does Anakin believe that Obi-Wan might be the father of Padme's child...?

Why?

1. Anakin cannot detect the presence of his own child when she tells him that she is pregnant.

2. In one of Anakin's premonitions, he sees Padme asking Obi-Wan to help her...and then he guesses that Obi-Wan has been over to her apartment and asks Padme why Obi-Wan was over there and what did he want...

3. When he sees Obi-Wan at the top of the ramp at the end of the movie, he yells at Padme, "YOU'RE WITH HIM!".

All this seems to show evidence that only Anakin believes Padme cheated on him with Obi-Wan, but everyone else knows the truth...that Anakin is the father. But it does provide an interesting aspect into Anakin's paranoid and deranged mind as he goes to the dark side...

13. Yaddle_Fantasy

Yaddle_Fantasy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    ^^ in the book, pretty sure Palp hinted that they may be more than friends to upset Anakin. Felt that way in the movie for sure.

14. Shikoma

Shikoma Jedi Master star 1

May 30, 2005
    You mean he hints at that in the "Revenge of the Sith" book or an earlier book?

15. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    it is in ROTS novel. anakin is in a meeting with palps..palps mentions that there have been rumors about Obi Wan being seen leaving the apartment of a certain female senator at times that it wouldnt be appropriate for him to have been there. anakin leaves from the meeting...goes to padme and *in he book*he can smell obi wan everyhere in the apartment through the force. He confronts Padme, demands to know why Obi has been there..she explains that he had come to ask her to help him *anakin* (this is also when obi lets it be known he knows about thier relationship, but will keep quiet about it because she is "good for anakin"). he does quickly realize he has no reason to doubt her and this leads into the " i'm not the jedi i should be" scene.

16. ohwise1

ohwise1 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    -What's the deal with Obi-Wan taking off from Utapau and then watching himself take off??

To make it look like he left

-What's the deal with Leia remembering Padme and Luke not?

Maybe she's just better at remembering things

-Why did Obi-Wan just watch Anakin suffer and burst into flame without doing anything...they're like brothers after all?

1.Anakin was unarmed
    2.He really did not want to kill him
    3.If you were in Obi Wans shoes would honestly think Anakin would have survived, now seriously?

-Why didn't Owen come to greet Obi-Wan?

1.He obviously knew he was on his way with luke, but didn't know Obi wan was behind him theres nothing noisy in the scene so maybe Obi Wan was going to bring luke to owen but beru got to him first

2.Do you really care that much?

-Where was Mon Mothma?

In the back row smoking a fat one

-Where was Lucas?

In the back row smoking a fat one

17. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 23, 2005
    this is also when obi lets it be known he knows about thier relationship, but will keep quiet about it because she is "good for anakin"

- Oops.

18. saviourmachine77

saviourmachine77 Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    ok so why does leia remember her mother and luke does not. Possible answer, Maybe for some reason, there are force connections between mother and daughter, and father and son. not the other way around. Not sayin thats the way it is for sure but it's a possibility

19. Trifecta

Trifecta Jedi Youngling star 1

May 10, 2005
    Since she's not interested in kissing a walking carpet, she went one better. It was to make Han jealous, nothing more.

Yeah, I never took that kiss as a display of passion, but still, its a bit creepy.

As I said, I don't think Lucas had made up his mind when he did ANH, but with Empire -- even with the kiss -- I think he probably had because of Leia's ability to hear Luke call for her and because of the "there is another" line.

20. Domino

Domino Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2005
    Wasn't Han Lukes brother in one ROTJ draft. Seriously, I thought I remembered hearing that.

21. DarthFlatulent

DarthFlatulent Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    Here are my questions, which may or may not be answered in the TV series:

Here are a few unanswered questions that might be dealt with in the upcoming TV series that Lucas is planning to produce, or so I hear. I have heard that it will be set between episodes 3 and 4.

1. Throughout the first 3 episodes, it was clear that the Sith were in control of the separatists. By the third episode, it seems that it had become ?public knowledge?? the opening crawl states matter of factly that Dooku was a Sith Lord ( I still don?t know why the crawl didn?t refer to him by his Sith name, Darth Tyrannus). Apparently the Jedi must have figured this out after the duel at the end of episode 2 where Yoda senses the dark side in Dooku.

This raises the question: Since everyone in the Republic now knew that the separatist movement was a Sith plot, it seems clear that Palpatine, once he gained control of the Senate and declared himself Emporer, could not afford to let anyone know that he was a Sith. Those who knew had to be destroyed. Otherwise, everyone would know HE really was behind the separatist insurrection?and his power depended on the Senate believing that he could give them safety from this insurrection. They would never trust or believe him if they found out the truth. He killed the Jedi, and the separatist leadership, because the separatist leadership might eventually figure out that their patron, Darth Sidious, was actually Palpatine.

At the beginning of Episode 4, Leia sees Vader and refers to him as ?Darth Vader?. So clearly, by that time, it was clear to all that the Empire was controlled by the Sith.

So? WHEN is this fact revealed as common knowledge? When Palpatine declared the Empire to be born in Episode 3, it is inconceivable that the Senators listening to him thought he was a Sith, as I?ve explained above. At some point during the 20 year hiatus, this revelation is made? I?d like to see how it plays out.

I?ve always wondered how that officer on the Death Star thought he could get away with disrespecting Vader and the Force (?Your sad devotion to your sorcerer?s ways...? or whatever) Did he realize he was also dissing the Emporer? Apparently not. Maybe Lucas has a real problem here, like trying to answer why Obi doesn?t remember R2.

2. Obi-Wan left Anakin for dead. When Episode 3 ended, none of the good guys knew that he had survived. It will be a REALLY interesting moment when they first realize that Obi-Wan didn?t finish the job? Could this explain why Lars and Beru, or at least Lars, isn?t so keen on Obi-Wan in episode 4? Could something have happened during the 20 years that made people blame Obi-Wan for this failure?

3. The fate of Mace Windu. It is far from clear that he is dead. Wouldn?t it be great to see him come back and strike down with GREAT VENGEANCE AND FUUUUUURIOUS ANGER those who oppress his Jedi brothers!!!!!

4. Order 66. In Episode 3, it seems like all the clones had simply been told at some point that they would have to kill the Jedi? and they would have to wait for the order to do so. But there?s no way that Palpatine would have given out that secret to thousands of people. That would have been the same as giving out the secret of who he was and the WHOLE plan he had to take power. And it seems impossible that these clone soldiers would have just turned on those with whom they had been fighting with without so much as a blink of an eye. Clearly there must have been some sort of mind control, or hypnotic implant?

5.How did Sidious know Padme was dead?

22. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    DarthFlatulent posted on 12/1/03 4:30pm
    1. Throughout the first 3 episodes, it was clear that the Sith were in control of the separatists. By the third episode, it seems that it had become ?public knowledge?? the opening crawl states matter of factly that Dooku was a Sith Lord ( I still don?t know why the crawl didn?t refer to him by his Sith name, Darth Tyrannus). Apparently the Jedi must have figured this out after the duel at the end of episode 2 where Yoda senses the dark side in Dooku.

So? WHEN is this fact revealed as common knowledge? When Palpatine declared the Empire to be born in Episode 3, it is inconceivable that the Senators listening to him thought he was a Sith, as I?ve explained above. At some point during the 20 year hiatus, this revelation is made? I?d like to see how it plays out.[hr][/blockquote]

We don?t know exactly when it became ?Public Knowledge? and I can't really help you out there, but I?m sure the Jedi probably did find out about it soon after AOTC. The problem is that the Separatists have been hiding, moving from planet to planet, and trying not to be caught by the Jedi. As for the name ?Count Dooku? in the opening crawl, I think they used ?Dooku? and not ?Tyrannus? because ?Tyrannus? was only used what, about twice in AOTC? Dooku is more commonly known as "Dooku". So, that?s the reason, IMO.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=DarthFlatulent][b]DarthFlatulent[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/1/03 4:30pm[/b][hr]2. Obi-Wan left Anakin for dead. When Episode 3 ended, none of the good guys knew that he had survived. It will be a REALLY interesting moment when they first realize that Obi-Wan didn?t finish the job? Could this explain why Lars and Beru, or at least Lars, isn?t so keen on Obi-Wan in episode 4? Could something have happened during the 20 years that made people blame Obi-Wan for this failure? [hr][/blockquote]

The first time they find out that Anakin/Vader survived is when Obi-Wan arrives on the Death Star in ANH. So, is that the reason Owen is not too fond of him? Absolutely not. Owen calls Obi-Wan a ?Crazy old man?, ?Hermit?, ?Wizard?, ext, because he is trying to keep Luke away from Obi-Wan. Owen doesn?t want Luke to meet Obi-Wan and for Luke to follow him on a ?Damn fool idealistic crusade? like his father. So Owen simply fills Luke?s head with bad things about Obi-Wan to keep him away from him.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=DarthFlatulent][b]DarthFlatulent[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/1/03 4:30pm[/b][hr]3. The fate of Mace Windu. It is far from clear that he is dead. Wouldn?t it be great to see him come back and strike down with GREAT VENGEANCE AND FUUUUUURIOUS ANGER those who oppress his Jedi brothers!!!!! [hr][/blockquote]

It would be cool if he lived but? He?s dead.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=DarthFlatulent][b]DarthFlatulent[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/1/03 4:30pm[/b][hr]4. Order 66. In Episode 3, it seems like all the clones had simply been told at some point that they would have to kill the Jedi? and they would have to wait for the order to do so. But there?s no way that Palpatine would have given out that secret to thousands of people. That would have been the same as giving out the secret of who he was and the WHOLE plan he had to take power. And it seems impossible that these clone soldiers would have just turned on those with whom they had been fighting with without so much as a blink of an eye. Clearly there must have been some sort of mind control, or hypnotic implant? [hr][/blockquote]

All the Clones were issued orders and had those orders programmed into them. Order 66 was Palpatine?s own, secret order, that only he knew about.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=DarthFlatulent][b]DarthFlatulent[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/1/03 4:30pm[/b][hr]5.How did Sidious know Padme was dead? [hr][/blockquote]

Well, I haven?t seen an answer for this on

23. DarthFlatulent

DarthFlatulent Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    You say that no one knew Anakin had survived until Obi arrived on the death star? No, that can't be true. Leia knew him by name in the first scene of ANH. No... it became common knowledge that the Emporer had a sidekick named Darth Vader very soon... and the Jedi already knew his new name was Vader.

24. FlamingBladeSaber

FlamingBladeSaber Jedi Master star 2

May 14, 2005
    "Only Sith deal in absolutes." - Obi-Wan Kenobi, ROTS.

Isn't Obi-Wan dealing in absolutes by saying that?

Can someone answer this question for me?

25. Badnews

Badnews Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2002
    Comment/Question.

Did anyone notice that Anakin/Hayden lightsaber fighting went from a left-handed grip in AOTC to a right-handed grip in ROTS? In makes sense because Vader was right-handed.

Not very important just something I noticed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.