main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Questions, Questions, Questions...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by aPPmaSTer, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZSong

ZSong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    responding to the comment about the general public realizing the Sith control the empire...

I don't think the general public knows "Darth" implies a Sith name

they probably think Darth Vader is a first and last name.

and maybe they know Darth Vader is/was a JEDI/force user, but not specifically a "SITH"

so they wouldnt know that the Emperor was Sith neither,
    and probably dont even know what in the hell a Sith is.

2. yoda_obi_luke

yoda_obi_luke Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    I think the public does know that darth vader is a force user. I don't think they refer to him as a sith, because they don't know what a sith is, but I think they know he uses the force.
    The reason I think this is because he's out there killing people and doing all sids dirty work, some people must see him use the force, although must of them must die before they can tell anyone, some people must see.
    They probably don't know that Sids is a force user because he's never the one out there killing people, he gets vader to do all his dirty work.

3. yoda_obi_luke

yoda_obi_luke Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2005
    Another question/theory

I have just wanted to throw this out there for awhile, and I might be completely wrong, but it can be debated.

What if Anakin isn't the chosen one. I think it might be Luke who is the chosen one...

4. YODAS_HALF_BROTHER

YODAS_HALF_BROTHER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2002
    That has been debated at great length. Anakin is indeed the chosen one, he brings balance to the force by destroying Sidious.

My question is, how can Grievous survive being in space? Wouldn't his lungs be crushed by the vacuum? And his eyes, wouldn't they explode?

5. DarthHalcyon

DarthHalcyon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I have two questions from the movie...

1. Why is Obi-Wan sometimes called General Kenobi? Where does the General part come from?

2. Why does Anakin have that scar on his eyebrow? where did it come from?

And a third that isn't mentioned in the movie...

3. When/Why does Obi-Wan change his name to Ben?

6. Force-Keeper

Force-Keeper Jedi Master star 5

Jun 16, 2004
    DarthFlatulent posted on 12/1/03 6:25pm
    You say that no one knew Anakin had survived until Obi arrived on the death star? No, that can't be true. Leia knew him by name in the first scene of ANH. No... it became common knowledge that the Emporer had a sidekick named Darth Vader very soon... and the Jedi already knew his new name was Vader.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Leia knew of Darth Vader, not Anakin Skywalker.

7. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    For all intents and purposes, the galaxy at large believed Anakin was slayn with the rest of the "traitorous Jedi". Darth Vader and Anakin were two different people, as far as the rest of the galaxy knew. He was transformed (physically) so soon after his fall to the dark side, the public never really knew that Anakin was the man behind the mask.

Even to Vader, Anakin didn't exist (see quotes from ROTJ).

8. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    DarthHalcyon posted on 12/2/03 7:54pm
    1. Why is Obi-Wan sometimes called General Kenobi? Where does the General part come from? [hr][/blockquote]

Because of the Clone Wars, all the Jedi are given ranks and for the most part are all ranked ?General?. Grievous, Commander Cody, and others refer to Obi-Wan as ?General Kenobi? because that?s his rank.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=DarthHalcyon][b]DarthHalcyon[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/2/03 7:54pm[/b][hr]2. Why does Anakin have that scar on his eyebrow? where did it come from?[hr][/blockquote]

It?s just a battle scar from the Clone Wars. He got it during a duel with Asajj Ventress.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=DarthHalcyon][b]DarthHalcyon[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/2/03 7:54pm[/b][hr]3. When/Why does Obi-Wan change his name to Ben? [hr][/blockquote]

Well, he changes it after ROTS. Probably because the Empire is looking for him and he thought that changing his name to "Ben" will keep him safe.

9. dd_styles

dd_styles Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Here's something new: how does Palpy have such good intelligence on the Jedi & Jedi Council. Is their a Jedi imposter or clone? Double agent?

His surveliance is wrong in many cases, especially when dealing with activity in the Outer Rims, but he is always dead-on with the Jedi.

10. DarthFlatulent

DarthFlatulent Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    Some people are saying no one knew Anakin was Vader. Well Obi knew Anakin was Vader when he first told Luke about him at the beginning of ANH. That's clear. But did Obi know he was still alive? Well, Leia and the rest of the rebellion knew Vader lived. That was clear from the first scene in the starship. So unless Obi was completely out of touch with everyone, it must have been common knowleddge that Vader and Anakin were the same, and that he was still alive.

11. F-Trunks

F-Trunks Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    quick question, and I suppose this is the best thread to ask it in....

anyone have a link to an interview with George Lucas saying that balance in the force means NO SITH. not 2 jedi and 2 sith?

i know there are a few out there, i remember reading one but I can't for the life of me find the interview.

i'm in a bit of an arguement here :p

12. Vaderdj420

Vaderdj420 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    My question is... wasnt Bail Organa the least bit concerned about raising a Jedi's child? He is really the only person that wasnt hiding in exile that knew the truth of Luke and Leia...hence sending R2 to Tatooine with a distress message. In the OT it never said if Leia was aware or if her parents were aware she was the child of a jedi... Not to mention the child of "The Chosen One"

13. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    DarthFlatulent posted on 12/2/03 12:18pm
    Some people are saying no one knew Anakin was Vader. Well Obi knew Anakin was Vader when he first told Luke about him at the beginning of ANH. That's clear. But did Obi know he was still alive? Well, Leia and the rest of the rebellion knew Vader lived. That was clear from the first scene in the starship. So unless Obi was completely out of touch with everyone, it must have been common knowleddge that Vader and Anakin were the same, and that he was still alive.
    [hr][/blockquote]

Yes, Obi-Wan did know that Anakin was Vader because of the surveillance footage that he watched in the Jedi Temple. However, Obi-Wan didn?t know until his arrival on the the Death Star that Vader had survived Mustafar. The Death Star is the first time Obi-Wan realized Vader was still alive and was inside the suit.

Leia and the Rebellion didn?t know Anakin was Darth Vader. They thought that the Emperor got a new sidekick, thats all. They didn?t know about the events on Mustafar. All they new about Vader was that he worked for the Emperor, not who he was before the suit.

[blockquote][link=http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=F-Trunks][b]F-Trunks[/b][/link] [b]posted on 12/2/03 5:26pm[/b][hr] quick question, and I suppose this is the best thread to ask it in....

anyone have a link to an interview with George Lucas saying that balance in the force means NO SITH. [b]not[/b] 2 jedi and 2 sith?

i know there are a few out there, i remember reading one but I can't for the life of me find the interview.

i'm in a bit of an arguement here [face_tongue]
    [hr][/blockquote]

I can tell you that there are about two different quotes where GL says that balance = no Sith. I don?t have them, but I?m sure [b][i][hl=#000000][color=#3333ff]darth-sinister[/color][/hl][/i][/b] does. He?s the quote man.

14. DARTH_VEZ

DARTH_VEZ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    The last line with Padme "There is still good in him"

If there is still good in Anakin (as she believes) then why would she lose the will to live?

Also, the most awkward moment was Palps line of "No, No! You will die!" He sounded like a three year old before he shot the lightning.

15. JediMasterOz

JediMasterOz Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2005
    Anakin didn't get that scar on his right eye from asajj ventress. In the clone wars he just showed up with it, probably from a blaster skimming his face or something.

16. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Palpeie's saber flies out the window far away int he mace duel. Then suddenlt in the yoda duel he has it how?

17. Vaderdj420

May 4, 2005
    In the book it says he has a back up hidden in a statue on his desk

18. DarthFlatulent

DarthFlatulent Jedi Master

May 30, 2005
    Force-Keeper, are you saying that the Rebellion knew about this sidekick of the Emporer and that his name was Darth Vader, but that even so they didn't think that this Vader was Anakin, even though Bail Organa, Yoda, and Kenobi all knew that Anakin had been named Darth Vader by the Emporer? Are you saying that they assumed that the original Vader--Anakin--had been killed by Kenobi, and that the Vader they knew in the black suit was some other person? That's quite a leap. My point is that Kenobi left Anakin for dead. Kenobi and everyone else knew that his name had been changed to Vader. Leia called him Vader in scene 1 of ANH. My point is that at some point shortly after the Emporer takes over, the good guys are going to realize that Vader/Anakin still lives. Vader will be the scourge of the galaxy for two decades... and everyonwe will know his name. If this is not the case, then what the hell is the point of making a TV series set between episodes 3 and 4?

19. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    Well, DarthFlatulent, my main point was that the good guys (Leia, Bail, ext) don't know that Darth Vader was Anakin Skywalker. I don't recall Bail ever knowing that Anakin took the name Vader. From Obi-Wan and Yoda's point of view, Vader died on Mustafar. They found out that he was still alive when Obi-Wan met him on the Death Star in ANH. After Obi-Wan came face-to-face with suited Vader he realized that it was him (Vader) inside the suit, and that he had survived all these years.

From Leia's point of view, Darth Vader is an assistant to the Emperor that happens to be the last Sith Lord. She, along with the rest of the Rebellion, don't know who Vader really is.

20. jedismith

jedismith Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2002
    I know it's an EU explanation, but in Jude Watson's "The Last Of The Jedi #1: The Desparate Mission," it says that Obi-Wan saw a HoloNet broadcast featuring a being in a black suit (Darth Vader) and immediately knew it was Anakin and that he had survived Mustafar and been rebuilt by the Emperor. So, according to this reference, he had known about Anakin/Vader for quite a while before the Death Star.

21. Vaderdj420

May 4, 2005
    Soooo, u mean to tell me that Obi Wan never heard the name Darth Vader in the 20 years he was on Tatooine? After many visits to the planet by Darth Vader? In the EU Vader goes to Tatooine on several occasions... So Kenobi had to have kown Vader still lived because the Emperor would have never given the same name to lesser undeserving apprentice

22. Force-Keeper

Jun 16, 2004
    That's the EU, man. Thing's are different in Georges world.

23. Silver_Man

Silver_Man Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    Why is there a new web-dock out on the OS?

24. Vaderdj420

May 4, 2005
    Thats true FORCE_KEEPER only he knows whts goin on in that wilie brain of his... he's crazy... like a bantha!

25. Thunder_And_Lighting

Thunder_And_Lighting Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2005
    Here's a few questions, sorry if they were already asked, I don't have time to look through the whole thread:

1. What does Grievous say during the eye closeup, showdown on Utapau with Obi?

Something like this: Blah, blah, you must relize you are doomed. What does he really say at the blah blah part?

2. What ship is that that Anakin uses to get to the office to save Palps from Mace?

3. Why would the republic fleet continue to fire on the invisible hand while the Jedi are onboard trying to rescue the chancellor?

4. Why does Palps try to flee from Yoda if he was waiting a long time for that moment?

5. How can Obi and Yoda take out all those Clones on their own, while a temple of Jedi were killed by those same clones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.